Why is proton 1837 times heavier than electron?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by jcc, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Everyone thinks you're trolling. Go away and take your stupid shit with you.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Yes, but much like Some give "God" as the answer to: "Where did every thing come from?" I. e. just pushed the question back one level to: "Why do the quarks have the masses they do?"

Some questions are IMO better answered by: Because that is the way nature is.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wellwisher Banned Banned

My theory for why protons are so massive is connected to built in SR and time dilation due to the motion of the sub particles inside the proton. The electron, is a little different, in that has most of its motion, is outside itself, as it orbits atoms.

As a thought experiment, say you had two references, side by side, with one reference stationary and the other reference given energy, so it can move near the speed of light. The moving reference will show time dilation, with the clocks in that reference running slower.

Next, say you could put your hand into that slow reference, while retaining your stationary reference (hypothetical for illustration). What you will try to do is dribble a basketball in the other reference from your reference. Because time is running slower in the other reference, and the laws of physics are the same in both references, you can push really hard on the ball, but the ball won't move as fast as expected in your reference, because it is moving slower in time. This slow time makes it feel heavier. After it rebounds the floor, if you tried to pushed it down as it rose up, it will push your hand upward, as though it has this extra inertia. The compressed time acts like a lever.

With the proton having this sub particle SR time dilation, internally, we have dual, reference in reference effect, that imparts what we call mass to the proton; time leverage or potential. The electron's motion is more outside itself, moving around atoms, making it much closer to our reference, so it appears lighter.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wellwisher Banned Banned

My theory for why protons are so massive is connected to built in SR and time dilation due to the motion of the sub particles inside the proton. The electron, is a little different, in that has most of its motion, is outside itself, as it orbits atoms.

As a thought experiment, say you had two references, side by side, with one reference stationary and the other reference given energy, so it can move near the speed of light. The moving reference will show time dilation, with the clocks in that reference running slower.

Next, say you could put your hand into that slow reference, while retaining your stationary reference (hypothetical for illustration). What you will try to do is dribble a basketball in the other reference from your reference. Because time is running slower in the other reference, and the laws of physics are the same in both references, you can push really hard on the ball, but the ball won't move as fast as expected in your reference, because it is moving slower in time. This slow time makes it feel heavier. After it rebounds the floor, if you tried to pushed it down as it rose up, it will push your hand upward, as though it has this extra inertia. The compressed time acts like a lever.

With the proton having this sub particle SR time dilation, internally, we have dual, reference in reference effect, that imparts what we call mass to the proton; time leverage or potential. The electron's motion is more outside itself, moving around atoms, making it much closer to our reference, so it appears lighter.

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

That ironically enough sounds like the perfect place for you to put anti-science silliness.

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You and jcc should really get together and hash out this whole sciency stuff and get all those scientists back on track.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  10. jcc Registered Senior Member

i was gone but can't help, this is too funny. his theory is worse than standard model to me. no way in hell i agree any of it.

electron is impossible keeps circling the proton, between the nucleus and outer electrons, there must be something that keeps electrons stay on the radius of the atom. that's why atoms are not compressible as cloud, that's why electrons not discharge into nucleus. follow my site, you can find my detailed theory about atomic structure.

11. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Yes that's right. At absolute zero everything will be in its ground state. In the case of bound states, such as electrons in an atom (bound by the electrostatic attraction of the nucleus), and in the case of quarks (bound by the strong nuclear force), the ground state will generally not be a state of zero energy. The residual energy of the ground state is a sum of kinetic and potential energy which is not extractable, since there is no state lower than the ground state available for the system in question. Thus it remains at absolute zero.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat ― Oveur, Unger, and Dunn

Never mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.