why is science important?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Tedman"Xp", Jan 28, 2002.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Mr G,

Do you know the power of Love? I guess not...
    If there weren't Love you wouldn't exist. If there weren't Love, how could your mother and your father unite themselves to create you? Love is so powerful that creates Life!! Where do you think that comes life? What do you thing is the breath, the Spirit, the light...? It's Love! Life is made by Love! Love is the basis of all existence! I think you understimate the power of Love...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

"Love continually recreates itself in an eternal dance of renovation."
    Nelson

Love is the Truth

Special thanks to Jesus Christ!

Blessings,
    Nelson

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Truthsekker,

Holy cow! Total garbage and BS. A load of idealistic twaddle that bears no relation to reality.

You certainly don’t, you only think you do based on what you think it means. You wouldn’t talk such gibberish if you really understood. And you dare to accuse others that they don’t, with your irritating condescending tone again.

What are you talking about? Are you confusing sex with love? Sex and love do not have to coincide. They can be and often are independent of each other.

Excuse me while I vomit again.

Stick to the things you know about and don’t guess.

Cris

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Dear, dear Cris ...

Re. "Stick to the things you know about and don’t guess."

Things like 'uploading'? (I still prefer 'downloading')

What a dull, dull world it would be.

Take care

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

"Science is important... because without it.... I couldn't be a scientist."

(Quote brought to you by myself, tempted to plagurise, would quote from who... but I'm sure he might make himself known in the future.)

8. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

But Chagur,

Dreaming and guessing are fine except where the dreams and guesses are being offered as facts. I'm sure you see the difference, right?

The idea of uploading is that the mind is moved from something relatively small to something larger. Now since you prefer downloading are you implying that the useful parts of your mind are so small that they could be moved into something smaller than your current mind.

Is this a new definition of small mindedness maybe? Or is that just how you see yourself?

Cris

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Volume and Mass...

Uploads would be implaced to a media that doesn't suffer from volume restraints, while downloading would imply that a differential of volume or mass would result in the loss or corruption of data.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Cris,

You certainly don't know Love...
    I don't want to discuss with you...

No, I'm not confusing sex with Love. I'm just connecting Spirit with Love.
    Yeah... here you are almost right. They are almost allways independent of each other. It is why people like you born...

Unfortunatly the time is coming and I hope you won't be among those who won't be chosen.
    My most sincerely wishes of Love, Peace and Happiness to your Soul and Spirit.

Blessings,
    Nelson

11. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

truthseeker,

Please consider what you have written and why I am reacting as I am.

This is a science forum and you have made a series of unsupported and baseless assertions and are including emotionalism, spirits, souls and gods as part of your statements.

Either provide some support for your arguments or limit yourself to the philosophy, religion, or freethoughts forums. But even there personal opinions carry more weight if you can support them with a few facts.

Cris

12. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Ah, Cris ...

Re. "Dreaming and guessing are fine ... "

I do see the difference, and I do agree.

Re. "The idea of uploading is that the mind is moved from something
    relatively small to something larger.
    "

Your words, not mine, Cris.

So ... How 'small minded' are thee?

Thanks for the chuckle ... And, take care

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Cris,

I include those things because they have a huge importance in our lifes and we usually don't pay very much attention on them. People that have them don't see how important they are, but when they lose them they realize their importance. Don't lose them. Perhaps you don't imagine how important they are.

I'm working on my theories. They include us in the Universe... it's why is hard to work on them. Look to our theories. They don't usually include us in our own Universe. We are NOT only observes in our Universe! We have a role to play here, and this is what I'm trying to discover.

Blessings,
    Nelson

14. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

TruthSeeker ...

Re. "We have a role to play here, and this is what I'm trying to discover."

Why limit yourself? Why not the role of all life on this planet?

Talk to you again ... in a couple of centuries.

Take care

15. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Truthseeker,

I do really enormously respect your desire to learn, but I would very politely suggest that your approach is not so good. Your imagination appears vivid but fairly wild. My criticisms revolve around you asserting your imaginative ideas as if they are facts. I recognize in you much of my earlier self and the excitement that one experiences when finally seeing a potential solution to a particular phenomenon. Please try not to put forward your ideas as if you have just discovered the secrets of the universe ahead of everyone else. Be aware that most of what you consider has already been considered before by millions of others. Much to my chagrin when I have found unique solutions only to find the answer had been discovered a thousand years ago.

So remember the wisdom of humility and be prepared to learn more from others. Be also careful about the use of the term ‘theory’. You are not offering theories here but speculative hypotheses. If you understand the important difference then that should help you re-phrase and temper your arguments so you achieve greater precision and effectiveness.

Please also try not to second-guess what you think I know or how I perceive things, or in fact do the same to other people. Judging people like that, based on your own criteria, is fraught with danger and massive imprecision, and comes across as offensive and arrogant.

I’d love to help you explore your imagination, but I’ll pull you up quick when you confuse fact with fiction, or truth with speculation.

Take care
    Cris

16. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Chagur,

Ahh as you well know everything is relative.

Take care
    Cris

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Cris,
    My imagination is very wild...

But this is what give me my ideas, and this is what gave ideas to many famous scientists in the world. The problem here is that we are getting too close to find the Truth and as we get nearer we meet with many paradoxes. The Truth MUST be paradoxal because it involves the opposites of the Universe. And as we approach the Truth, it begins to be really hard to do experiments. We have to use incredible pressures, incredible temperatures,etc.
    So... I know where I'm going...

My idea to prove those things is starting to be very common in the world. Some things in Science are approaching Religion and Science-fiction ideas that we though it would be impossible.
    If you don't believe in Religion, listen to this:
    All the Religions says that there will be an "end of the world" (but they mean a transformation) in about 10 years. Eventhough their calendars are different and the region and time of their existance are different, they all point to the year 2012. Is that a coincidence?
    All the Religion decribe what will happen in the exactly same way. Some uses different analogies but they all have things in common. Is that a coincidence?
    Finally, Nostradamus prophesys says all those thing too. All the dates and all the happenings. Is that a coincidence?

Well, if is only a coincidence, perhaps everyone got drunk and dreamt the same thing...

I'm allways prepared to learn from the others... But I expect others to do the same thing. You are right, they are not theories yet. But I'm working on them...

Thanks for being more polite.

Blessings,
    Nelson

18. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Truthseeker,

I need to tie your ideas down a little bit –

Lots of questions for you –

1. What do you mean by truth in this context?
    2. Why is getting too close to truth a problem?
    3. What paradoxes, describe at least one?
    4. What do you mean by opposites of the universe?
    5. How do you know you are approaching the truth?
    6. Research experiments are always at the limits of knowledge, what evidence suggests they are becoming more difficult?

Imagination (in this case science-fiction) always precedes actual science.

1. What things in science are approaching religion; give at least one example?

Some more questions.

1. What evidence justifies your claim of ‘all’ religions? Deism doesn’t support an end-of-world scenario, and there may be others.
    2. What evidence suggests a transformation in 10 years?
    3. What evidence supports your claim that all religions show the same descriptions?
    4. What are the commonalities?

Some 12 years ago I spent the best part of a year investigating the big N. I currently have every book written on the matter, well at least from 12 years ago. I even collaborated with one of the authors in the hope of producing some software to unlock what we thought was a key to the predictions. Her greatest value was her fluent French of the times of the big N. My final conclusion was that apart from some interesting coincidences that didn’t defy normal probability, his alleged predictions are sheer gibberish. But feel free to show otherwise if you can.

So you get my drift I hope. Stating your imaginative ideas as unsupported assertions doesn’t give them any value. If you make an assertion, then justify it. I know; it takes time but if you are serious about seeking the truth then you will have to do the groundwork at some time, why not start now.

Have fun
    Cris

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Answers:

Cris,

Answers:
    1. Means an Unified Theory about everything that we know about the Universe in one single thing. Means an essantial Truth.
    2. That's not what I meant. I meant that we meet with some usual problems while we are getting closer to the Truth: like paradoxes.
    3. Black Holes... The infinite warped Space-Time is a paradox. Is when to opposites "realities" meet in a single one.
    4. Opposites in general. Good and bad. Happy and sad...

Past and Future... Infinite and Vacuum... The Truth must be neutral because it must have everything that has in the Universe. And you know... the Universe is neutral... this is essential for equilibrium.
    5. I said WE... I know because opposite things start to get closer. Like the Black Hole case...
    6. ... I wrote it there... we are getting to limits of energy, temperature and pressure...

I continue later... my friend want to use the computer...

Blessings,
    Nelson

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Cris,

Continuing...

quote 2:

1.pends on how you interpret it...
    Singularity is an interesting example. In the infinite warped Space-Time we have an "eternal present". Taoism, for example, has the idea of eternal present.

quote 3:

1. All Religions I know have it. I never heard about "Deism". Some Religions are simply created by people to make profit. These are the modern Religions. The ancient ones all talks about an "end-of-the-world".
    2. Increasing Earth activity, for example. And all the Religions talks about wars and this kind of stuff...
    3. Study Religions...
    4. You know... wars, earthquakes, "clouds"...

Ahhhhhhh!!!!
    I continue later... again...

Blessings,
    Nelson

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Truthseeker,

<i>All the Religions says that there will be an "end of the world" (but they mean a transformation) in about 10 years. Even though their calendars are different and the region and time of their existance are different, they all point to the year 2012. Is that a coincidence? All the Religion decribe what will happen in the exactly same way. Some uses different analogies but they all have things in common.</i>

That sounds like hearsay to me. I have some questions, too. Just for a start:

1. Where does Christianity say that the world will end in the next ten years?
    2. Where does Islam say that?
    3. Please point out the similarities between the end of the world as described by Christian and Muslim texts. Are they really "exactly the same"?
    4. How do you distinguish the analogies from the true facts in this sort of thing?

As an aside, the only calendar I know of which mentions the year 2012 is the Mayan calendar. However, that date is simply the latest date accommodated by the Mayan system. As far as I am aware, it is not associated in Mayan writings with the end of the world. Am I wrong?

22. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

I propose there must exist a Quantum Theory of Philosophy: the closer one looks the less one's likely to see.

23. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

truthseeker,

Most of the founding fathers were Deists. The USA was essentially founded on Deist principles. Deism began in the 1600's, significantly as a rejection of the corruption and irrationality of Christianity.

Try www.deism.com

Enjoy.
    Cris