Why isn't faith embarrasing?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by superluminal, Dec 30, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Then there is really no point in me wasting my breath.

Thank the lord!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Hey man, I'm spending my whole Saturday at work - no extra pay or anything, just work

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

And when you try to educate them, you will run into some characteristic problems, is my guess. Fundies are fundies the world over.
    Doesn't solve the problem. Homeschooling has to meet certain standards in Minnesota, and omitting biological science (among other problematic areas) fails them. And these are immigrants - homeschooling brings up problems of learning English, even, let alone politics etc.

Education is a natural enemy of institutioanlized (i.e. dogmatic) theistic religion, and has been for centuries now - one reason the great theistic religions have always attempted to monopolize it, and govern it.

Islam, with its insistence on the perfect origin and unchanging, immutable nature of the Koran, is particularly vulnerable.
    You don't appear, to me, to understand the basics of evolutionary theory. You make errors of assumption, logic, and inference (not here, but in other threads) that are typical of fundie creationists and atypical of people educated in the matter.

Part of the confusion is natural: Darwinian evolution is also the one standing hypothesis (not yet a theory) for the mechanism of abiogenesis.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Myles Registered Senior Member

You wont find purpose in your life. But can give your life purpose.

8. ggazoo Registered Senior Member

I would think that the definition of faith is belief in something when common sense tells you not to.