Why liberal radio is doomed.

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by wesmorris, Mar 26, 2004.

1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

We're conditioned for slickness, and so used to being titillated by hype, that unrefined upstarts disappoint.

It's not because these new stations are liberal that they suck. It's because they are new. You can lead an audience to fodder, but you can't make them think. If and when a comparable amount of funding and effort is applied to alternative media it will be lapped up just as enthusiastically as Limbaugher and Hammity which, for all the glitzy packaging, also happens to stink.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

Liberal radio's big problem for me is that I don't like to listen to someone telling me something that I already know.
    If I was a die hard conservative I couldnt listen to right wing radio for the same reason. Why do some people need an elitest right wing radio-let's face it- spoiled baby chickenhawk DJ's, tell them how to think?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. LOL Registered Member

LOL,

I just happened onto this site accidentally and this will be my one and only post. I find it hilarious that liberals still believe their failed ideology is an "enlightened" view. They think that government should be able to tax the people that are actually providing jobs to such an extent that they can no longer hire people to do work. Then, they believe that the government should take care of the ones put out of work. Not to mention the fact they want the government to provide "free" health care, pensions, transportation (I heard one on the radio saying that the government should provide free cars), child care, and the list goes on and on. They believe that "evil" corporations should all be put out of business and their revenues seized and that anyone who works hard and succeeds in life should have their livelihoods seized as well. After all, they must have done something evil to actually earn that much money. The ultimate end to their common line of thinking is that the government will ultimately own everything, the government will be the only employer, there will be no incentive to innovate because you will gain nothing from it, and we will decline into a third world country. An outrageous statement? Nope, describes perfectly what happened to the Soviet Union. After all, liberals are really just Communist wannabes serving at the feet of Marx. Liberal talk radio will only "succeed" if it can get money from public tax coffers to fund its brand of lunacy. Liberals don't really want to spend their own money on something they can get taxpayers to pay for and corporations (otherwise known as advertisers) aren't going to fund through commercials a bunch of wackos looking to put them out of business. I would love to see the "business" plan that allowed these guys to get on the air in the first place. I will just have to stay one of the great unwashed that still dreams of getting ahead here, so you can try to confiscate the earnings from my labor, rather than one of your "enlightened" elitist ilk.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.