Why Macs Suck BALLS

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by amark317, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amark317 game developer-in-training Registered Senior Member

I hate macs with a passion, and here's just a few reasons why:

1. WTF IS UP WITH THE MOUSE?!?!?! ONE MOUSE BUTTON AND NO SCROLL BAR!!?!!?!?!

2. Because of the above reason, they are completely USELESS for computer games

3. You know that one "Mac vs PC" commercial, with the PC guy in the Pizza box, and he is saying how all the college kids like the Macs because they run Microsoft Office, well, you know what else runs Microsoft Office, MICROSOFT COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!!!

4. If you want a bigger monitor, well that's just too bad, because the monitor and CPU are "conveniently" put together in one package!!!

5. WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE DESKTOP!?!?! ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO OPEN ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

these pics pretty much tell the rest of my hated for macs:

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/?attachment_id=35955

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/?attachment_id=35953

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2007/09/06/pc-versus-mac-person-edition/macvspc/

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2006/09/06/pc-vs-mac-choose-your-lifestyle/

Anything I missed?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

You're just upset because you can't play your silly kids games on a Mac.
    They're nice to do work on, though.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. amark317 game developer-in-training Registered Senior Member

I'll have you know that I don't have a mac, I never had one, and I will DIE before I ever have one in my house!!!!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

I don't own a Mac, because a PC suits me better. I don't think Macs "suck balls" though. If someone else wants to use one, so be it.

That said, those pics were pretty funny.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I think they are overpriced myself. I can build a much better system than they are selling for less money and better hardware.

9. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Hell...I thought this thread was about me. Damn narcissism.

10. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Macs suck balls. If macgyver used a mac, he'd be dead by now. (happy now ?).
    The one click, the annoying taskbar at the bottom, the use of the apple button. The annoying system of organising drives.

They're frigging annoying.

11. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

We call them "hippie computers" at work. I don't even work on them...if one gets returned, I just EOL (end of life) it, and refund the customer, cause their a pain to work on.

12. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Sorta like a mercy killing.

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I don;t like their design. Really, there is no mouse choice for it??

14. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

In my brief experience using a couple of Mac laptop computers, I found them frustrating because I wasn't familiar with the OS. That's hardly the computer's fault. The people I know who have and use them seem to like them very much. If you could buy the MAC OS as a standalone, I would certainly be interested in that option. But you cannot, and I have no interest in a prebuilt computer.

15. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I will give them a few things...they are great for graphical artists and such. They don't crash near as much as MS machines, the hardware is pretty stable.

Downside...almost no "3rd party" performance upgrades available, but they have their place.

Obviously they are doing something right, because MS has decided to launch a new line of "image" commercials to combat apples ads. The Sienfield/Gates thing just didn't work for me...it was like they were trying for something...but didn't quite get it.

16. epiman Banned Banned

Macs are supposed to be better for media, but really the are not at all. Now you can do anything on a Windows that you could do on a Mac plus more. Also Macs are not compatible with very musch software.

17. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Mac must be umm made pc like

18. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Linux rocks. Penguins rule.

19. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

You should have spelled "balls" with a Z ---> ballZ.

It would have made the thread look more dorky.

By the way, for about twenty dollars, you can get a nice wireless mouse with two buttons and a scroll wheel, and it will work just great on a mac. Have one for my MacBook. Awesome, dude!

20. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I do all my serious stuff on a Mac I bought in 1994 and upgraded once.

It has a separate monitor, excellent keyboard (I don't mouse much when I'm in a hurry), and high quality b&w laser printer attached, all from the same year. It carries a good statistics package, a full service word processing program, movie and photo handling software, Norton Utilities, and Microsoft Excel. Back when it was connected to the net, it carried Java and Netscape and the like, since removed.

It has never crashed. I have never lost data on it, or had the slightest problem except two: my ISP (limited choices here) no longer supports the OS (and is unreliable with Mac stuff in general) and my wife needs an internet connection for her work, also Microsoft Excel and Word.

So I own a PC, running Microsoft Windows XP and the requisite software, and folks, it blows. For starters, it's grindingly slow - it takes four times as long as my fifteen year old Mac to boot, for example, despite launching less in the way of usable software. It's slower at opening documents, printing, etc.

I'm still trying to pare this thing down, and get it to quit changing all my Notepad documents to Word, and find stuff buried in the zoo of acronyms and file trees, and so forth. I had to buy a handbook for cleaning it up, just getting rid of crap for starters, and then finding and fixing stuff this insane software does without being asked, to files I'm not even looking at. The scroll wheel is a carpal tunnel event waiting to happen. The keyboard is ticky tacky, and the space bar already broken. It's much noisier.

The LCD screen I grant is nice. But I believe you can get those for Macs running OSX or better. Next upgrade, end of this job and we move, I will. Pah.

21. EntropyAlwaysWins TANSTAAFL. Registered Senior Member

The main reason that I dislike macs is that the majority of software is incompatible with them.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I've been using Mac products for 5 years now after using PC since the 90s. I have absolutely no problem with them and will not return to the horrors of the PC years.

I find it takes a certain kind of mind to understand a Mac. I've tested it with the iPhone. Some people take it and intuitively know how to use it, some people just do not get it.

23. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

SHEEEET! 94!?!?!? Upgrade to a 2001 and you'll smell the difference!
    What kind of serious stuff do you do, exactly?

A typical experience and response from someone who uses both.
    Buy a mac and pc both the same year, similar specs. In two or three years, guess which one will be acting like a bloated snail?

I know from experience, and the answer is almost always the one that is running Windows.

If you're really into computing, having a PC is inevitable. I like having both. The one real drawback for Mac is less software and compatibility. But both those issues continue to improve, I feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.