Why Romney Lost

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Nov 9, 2012.

1. billvon Valued Senior Member

Maybe the Obama fake birth certificate scandal? Or the death panels scandal? Or the Obama-caused-the-hurricanes-to-stall-Mitt's-momentum scandal? Or the mean-Obama-got-people-to-vote-for-him scandal?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

you don't know about any "scandal". Interesting, it's in the papers, in a thread here, and all over online, and TV. Let's see does Petraeus ring a bell, or sex, lies and emails lots of emails. Also a General Allen. And if the public knew all facts we would make our own judgment on how we feel.

Also Obama fan joepstole.
    I quote E.M. Easton here. A guy from near my community. He makes sense to me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Talk about mastering foul tactics! Say one thing, and then do the opposite.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

you went there...
    I went there with some of this with joepistole, he will claim things like. Its right wing propaganda, all false, you believe any of that...

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

For starters, there is no indication that President Obama kept anything regarding Petraeus secret, much less for political reasons. Obama didn’t even know about it until after the election. Two, how does Petraeus sex scandal reflect poorly on President Obama? It doesn’t. Was President Obama in someway derelict in this affair? I see no indication of dereliction on President Obama’s part. Are you suggesting that President Obama personally spend his time spying on flag officers to make sure they don’t have extramarital affairs?

Patraeus was a well-regarded general on both sides of the isle. President Obama is not Christ. President Obama is not responsible for the sins of all mankind. Obama is just the president. There is no indication that the Petraeus affair was suppressed by anyone, much less the president as you have alleged. The president didn’t even learn of it until after the election. So how could President Obama suppress something he didn’t even know about? And if President Obama had known, I don’t know why he would have even wanted to suppress it. It doesn’t reflect poorly on President Obama. It doesn’t reflect negatively on President Obama. It just doesn’t make sense, unless you are into right wing paranoia were nothing makes sense.

9. kwhilborn Banned Banned

Obama won because most people in America like him. Nice to see.

Kind of scary that Romney came as close as he did, although it might be nice to have a few wives. NOT! Every time I hear him speak it sounds like he is only saying what people like to hear. The only honest thing he said that I actually believe, is that half of all Americans are Moochers. I think there is a lot less Moochers in Canada. No wonder your Unemployment was so high.

Obama inherited 2 wars and waited until the UN sanctioned Libya. Those Million dollar bombs add up, and three wars cost every man, woman, and child $15k. It's not cheap to destroy 3 nations (who deserved it).

Imagine becoming president while: 3 wars are in the works, Bush was last president, Extremely high deficit and budgets aimed to deepen it, a recession was in progress.

Not exactly optimal.

Obama is smart and finished top 10% of his class at one of the Hardest Schools (Harvard) in the world.

Many dislike Obamacare, but should American citizens die simply because they forgot to get insurance. Your income taxes may increase, but you can drop your medical insurance.

My main fear is that Romney will run again in 4 years and win. He is scary.

10. navigator Registered Senior Member

I've been hearing that alot lately, 'the administration didn't know'... until a time that is politically suitable of course. I find it highly suspect that the POTUS was unaware of the FBI's eight month investigation into the head of the CIA's personal life because of an affair. Black mail is the first issue that comes to mind...

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

So, how does that reflect poorly on the president? Do you expect the president to spy on his flag officers, have a state secret police force to spy on individuals without probable cause and violate civil their civil rights? Is that your expectation of the president?

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Huh??? What are you talking about?

Obama didn't exactly win; Romney lost. By a really tiny margin, too.

I'm still waiting to see a tally of third-party votes. I'll bet the Greens, Libertarians, etc., got the biggest turnout in history.

14. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

In light of all that, I do find it somewhat disconcerting that the election in America was as close as it was.
    I mean, Obama vs Romney. Close.

You people are seriously fucked up, you're aware of that, right?

15. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

1. There is nothing surprising about it. When you have 2 candidates only, with 2 opposing voting blocks, just how big of a difference do you expect, specially when the economy is in the shit? It is the economy stupid!!

2. Actually, contrary to what the media has been reporting, it WASN'T close. Obama won the EC by a landslide, 126 electors. That is a 23% difference, huge. The popular vote's difference was still 3.55 million people, or almost 3%. Do you know what was close? Bush vs. Gore with only half million people making the difference...

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

3% is not a tiny margin, it is not huge, but still decent. And as you should know, it is the EC what counts...

Rosanne the comedian came in at #6:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012#Results

17. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Given the US voting system, it's not clear how adequately the results of the presidential vote represent the preferences of voters.

18. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

The establishment doesn't let anyone to run as the main guy twice. In the primaries, sure, but not as the chosen candidate. And next time the Rep choices will be better/more popular.

Now could he? Sure, but Reps would be pissed off, because he would make the primaries longer, siphoning money away from the main race....

19. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Now here is a stupid argument:

"If my elementary math serves me correctly, one must possess over 50% to claim majority of anything. 25% of eligible voters who voted for Obama (and 19 percent of the American population) is far, far from being a majority."

First, voter's turnout was around 60%, so Obama did 30% or so of the whole electorate. But anyway, why is this a stupid argument? Because:

1. Almost no country has 95% voter's turnout.Well, dictatorships do. Western democracies have usually 60-80%.
    2. It is the non-voters' fault not the candidates' that they didn't vote. They could have voted Green or Jesus, just to make a point.
    3. We can't really assume how the non-voting % would have voted.

So although I agree the system is broken, blaming the winner for not getting the non-voters to vote is just plain stupid...

20. superstring01 Moderator

Not to mention, that the voters that do turnout are roughly representative (in fact, completely representative) of the public's attitude as a whole. We can accurately poll the public's mood and preferences by polling just a few thousand people strategically across the nation. By polling 60% of the voting population, we are creating a statistical measurement with the smallest margine of error imaginable.

Those who do not vote are spread just as evenly across almost all political spectrums.

~String

21. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

some here don't believe in sin or christ. And I didn't say Obama was near as holy as Christ.
    I knew he would say that again...

I think you are right. He is supposed to meet once a week with the FBI and CIA directors once a week by phone at the very least. And the attorney general knew and Obama didn't? If voters knew we would judge ourselves. Obama is in charge of the US and those under him and is supposed to know things about people around him. Especially a investigation this large. And Petraeus had a hand in the Embassy protection failed that killed a ambassador. Was there anything that effected his judgment?
    Read above comments and above posts and if Obama didn't win how is he POT- US?

This thread is getting more posts than I thought it would. I can hardly keep up. And it started with opinions...

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Then don't hold him to Christ like standards. Obama is not responsible for Patraeus's personal moral failures any more than you or I am.

23. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Losing Petraus is the greater scandal.
    Competent people are rare.
    He should have been given 3 months paid leave to sort his life out.