Why Thread is Locked with no reason given?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Billy T, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

This thread is locked:
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2342772&postcount=834

Why and by whom?

Is it not normal courtesy to at least tell why in the final post by Mod taking this action?

IMHO there is no reason to lock this long standing thread, especially in the middle of a friendly and informative exchange between two different posters. Here are the authors of the last 10 posts:

Post 825 by Baron Max*
    Post 826 by Wesmorris
    Post 827&828 by Billy T
    Post 829&830 by Tyler, part time resident of China
    Post 831 by Kmguru
    Post 832 by Billy T
    Post 833 by Tyler, part time resident of China
    Post 834 by Billy T

These and earlier posters are among the most responsible posters at Sciforums. The subject of this thread will be of interest for several years more – probably more than a decade. Compared to many still running unlocked threads, locking this thread has no discernable justification. Unlock it.

-------------------
    *Even the Baron’s post is moderate and useful.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2009
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Final note for this thread: Thread on China & US relative growth progress etc has been reopened.
    I doubt it - this just locked thread has very little of the typical partisan posting found in the Politic forum and NONE of the name calling often found in other politic forum threads.

There is no excused for not even telling why the thread was locked. Certainly it is long but only a few percent of Paul's diatribe. This thread is filled with well referenced facts and quite an informative almost historical record of China's economic advances. Closing it, with NO EXPLAINATION, while leaving many much inferior threads open is an outrage!

I also note that I did not start the thread, but find it well worth positing in, especially now that Tyler is active and giving first hand information from China.

PS
    Even when the CCP censures internet information, they at least give a reason as cover.

---------------
    Later by edit: You are correct. All World Events & Politics forum threads have been locked. I hope they unlock soon those threads like this one. I see no reason for it to be locked. - Few come up to its long standing interest and freedom from the crap that does appear in many that have been locked.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.