Why U.S.A is the best country in the world.

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Duke Whittaker, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I dunno, ask a Vietcong veteran what he thinks of our army...

Duke, duke, duke, duke of earl....

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ellie Banned Banned

Budweiser (now owned by a foreign country) and T.V Land

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ellie Banned Banned

Sock of Duke?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I could be wrong...if I am I apologize. The mods can see IP addresses.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Oh? So you have something to say about my friend? He's come all the way from Wome, you know.

9. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

That's where we get the word scandal. It's a type of summer shoe they wear in Scandanavia.

The Scandanavians were all scandalized with how easily we beat their Scanda-Navy., so when we landed they threw their summer scandals at us and scampered away.

10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

lol this got cesspooled

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Duke is taking over the Cesspool, look at where every single one of his threads went

12. ScribJellyDonut Registered Senior Member

I know it's already been moved to the Cesspool, and the troll has been routed from beneath his bridge, but I feel compelled to point out a few things about the US and it having the most powerful military. While "the most powerful in history" may not be correct terminology, by today's standards it far and away does have the most powerful military.

A few people pointed out, as those who generally dislike American foreign policy do, the 'failures' of vietnam/afghanistan/iraq. I think it's odd how these are often called failures, while other historical military conquests devoid of a successful occupation are considered successes. Vietnam is perhaps a bit different from the latter two, and I suppose even the Korean war ended with only a cease fire, but to be fair both of those wars were not American born. The Afghanistan and Iraqi wars are even very different beasts but are often considered to be of the same vein. Regardless of one's opinion of the bush doctrine and whether the reasons for invasion of Iraq were just, the US military was incredibly successful at a complete dismantle of another very large army. The fact that the occupations now seem to be unsuccessful is argued vehemently from both sides of the aisle, but has nothing to do with the actual invasion and destruction of the opposing standing army. It should also be pointed out that liberties afforded to the Iraqi people during this occupation should not be confused with weakness on the part of the US military. In historical context, subjugated peoples have been treated much worse. And to be fair, even with nuclear armaments aside, I would wager that the US could perform a complete genocide of the Iraqi people. I would hope that the rest of the world would step in or the soldiers would not follow such orders before that happened, but simply by physical power I would put my money on it being possible.

If that's not enough to convince you then simply look at World War I & II. Again, not American born wars, but wars in which the United States proved to be very successful. I know much more about WWII, and the Pacific and European campaigns are textbook examples of successful, tactical warfare. The Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 also stand out as well. And let's not forget the Civil War

I threw that joke in there for anyone who has read this much at the tail end of a cesspool-ed thread. Enjoy.

As an American I find it insulting that we helped to liberate Europe twice and now are looked upon with such disdain. My grandfather was a medic during WWII and I know others who can say their grandparents/great grandparents only a few generations ago died defending the liberties of people who now pretend they don't even care. Don't mistake what I say, I don't believe the US should be at liberty to act however it wants in the world because of these past events. However, perhaps a little more reverence in light of historical context would be in order.

Oh and the troll is not an ambassador for America, nor does his silly post reflect the attitudes of all Americans.

13. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

14. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Scrib-
    According to an online acquaintance it was the civilian Bushites who threw Iraq into chaos by shutting down the civil service...and that seems about right...the military had it vaguely under control.

Next time, let's invade Morrowind.

15. phlogistician Banned Banned

I never really got hurt badly playing Rugby,... although I did break this guy's collarbone, and he looked a bit shaken, and there was the time one guy got the end of his nose stomped off,.... he screamed.

16. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Wow, I bet he just squirted everywhere.
    Spurters!

Then got a plastic nose, I expect, poor fellow.

Phlog needs to total more cars.:thumbsup:
    Although getting rearended on a bicycle hurt pretty bad too; I went to work the next day bent over like quasimodo...oozed enough serous fluid onto my shirt from the road rash I had to peel it off...
    Yeah...I asked to not work overtime that day, I was really sore.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  17. Pinwheel Banned Banned

The U.S.A is the best country in the Cesspool.

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

Luckily it wasn't ripped clean off,... it was still attached a little, so didn't get lost on the field.

It was a bit of a fluke accident,... he was a pretty good sprinter, and was chasing down this other guy, who was the best sprinter at our school. Just as he leapt to tackle, sprinter guy puts on a spurt, and the stud from his boot came up, catching the guy in the right nostril, ripping it over.

He got it stitched back on, and apart from a bit of a scar, it looked OK. Healed well, and he did get his own TV chef program for a while. Daytime TV on cable though :-/

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I saw a guy got their ear ripped off, I injured a guy's lower back and took him out of the season, and some guy in our senior team almost broke someone's neck during his last high school rugby game ever.

Those are the high school injuries,

In rep, I broke someones' nose and that was it...

P.S. What position do you play? I am Inside Center and the Captain of my rep team.

20. phlogistician Banned Banned

Hooker. Being average height meant I could hang off a couple of bigger props in the scrum, and use both feet to retrieve the ball. This was fine until I went to college, and then the guys trying out for the college team were just huge, and suddenly being in a scrum wasn't fun anymore, so I gave up at that point.

21. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Hmm...Phlogistician was a hooker...

Oh well, he's reformed...
    Guess if you were American and played our version of football you might have ended up being the "tight end..."

(sorry, brotha, jus' couln' hep maself, lawd'a mussy!)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.