Why we dont talk about the Jewish Talmud ?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Proud_Muslim, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

I noticed most of the debate here is concentrated about Islam, this is great thing because Islam continues to be the most talked about religion on earth and this talk about Islam ( even by some haters, liars and islamophobes ) will certainly generate great interest in reading about Islam, after all, Bad publicity is better than none !!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Anyway, I would like to discuss the JEWISH HOLY BOOK, the Talmud and shed some light on some unknown teachings of this book, I want critical analysis of this book and why it preachs what it preachs, so I will start with this:

SOME TEACHINGS OF THE JEWISH TALMUD:

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/talmud.htm#02

Please discuss wheather such book should be allowed in public libraries or in schools???

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. otheadp Banned Banned

my friend, "whore" is your word, not from the Talmud. "gloating" over Jesus's death is also a comentary.

it's not even your word or your commentary. you just copied and pasted it from some site without really comprehanding any of it

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

You're not getting good attention you know, if anything, you have suceeded in making Islam look more vile, than I initially thought it was. Have you noticed how so many of us are openly comdemning Islam now? You should be commended by the Islamic community for the service you've done for it

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

Isnt amazing you just commented on how the talmud treats Jesus (pbuh ) and his mother ?? I have been asking some jews about it and they dogged the question and instead started attacking Islam and the Quran.

Othe, I know you are a jew ( I can see that from your hate against Islam ) but please you either put an explanation for the above verses or you admit your holy book should be banned.

8. otheadp Banned Banned

The Talmud is Judaism's holiest book
    wrong. the Torah is the holiest. well, i'm not an expert, but i think different sects of Judaism assign different importance to the Talmud. some (other than the Falash Mura) don't even recognize it

Evidence of this may be found in the Talmud itself
    so the Talmud itself says it should be as a prefered source?.. u-huh...
    Talmud is full of opinions of different rabbis. today's rabbis are as conflicted about its interpretations and what is more important, as they've ever been.

Ethiopians have more knowledge of the Old Testament than the Israelis.
    uh-huh

tell me, ya ahabal, do you know anything else about the Talmud, or is this site (whose same contents you post for the 4th time already) the only place you've "researched" (if copying&pasting is considered research)?

9. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

The problem with you ''crazy'' is you dont know what is going on behind the seens ( through private messages ) !!

Anyway, let us concentrate on the Jewish Talmud for a while, shall we ?

10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

PM....why don't you just type the words, Kill, Kill, Kil,l Kill, 1000 times and not bother using any other words......because that's all you are saying

11. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

Wrong, read this from your own Talmud:

Erubin 21b (Soncino edition): "My son, be more careful in the observance of the words of the Scribes than in the words of the Torah (Old Testament)."

I disagree, many jews who I spoke with confirms that the Talmud is holy and must taken word by word ( I can refer you to www.paltalk.com ) Judaism section where some rabbais make public lectures about Judaism and the Talmud.

According to the N.Y. Times of Sept. 29, 1992, p.4:

''their religion is so ancient it pre-dates the Scribes' Talmud, of which the Ethiopians have no knowledge. ''

Ya Himar, look who is talking about copying and pasting !!

My knowledge of the Talmud is limited, I want to learn more ( you see, I am not like the typical LIARS AND HATERS here who claim to know Islam very well and offer a debate about it ! ) I like to read and learn about others faiths and holy books, I read the Bible, I am reading the Torah online and I am researching the Talmud.

You can join us on www.paltalk.com, we always run voice debate rooms, come and learn.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Incidentally, isn't it the Ethiopian Jews who allegedly have custody of the Ark of the Covenant?

13. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

PM, my hypocritical child. Do you remember telling me, "No, this is not the point, the point is you DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL you are copying and pasting !!! I told you, I can EASILY refute your COPIED AND PASTED LIES but the problem you wont be able to carry on after that because you dont know what the hell you have just copied and pasted !! got it ???? "

And here you are, knowing next to nothing about the Talmund, and shooting it down. Practice what you preach, son.

14. otheadp Banned Banned

many jews who I spoke with confirms that the Talmud is holy and must taken word by word
    as i said, some sects don't recognize the Talmud, some do ("The Jews" have sects too, with different directions and levels of observance)

''their religion is so ancient it pre-dates the Scribes' Talmud, of which the Ethiopians have no knowledge. ''
    so what? some of them couldn't even read when they came to Israel, and you're saying they know the Torah better than the Israelis merely because they're Ethiopian?

look, i'm having a hard time believing that you are a "senior economist", as it says in your profile
    and if senior economists from Syria are that ... 'backward', i'm scared to think what less educated Syrians are like

I am reading the Torah online and I am researching the Talmud
    reading the Torah is a good place to start
    but what you did was no research, ya magnoon

where are you reading the Torah online? are there interpretations and commentaries too?

you have to learn to separate commentaries on the verses from the verses themselves

what you provided in your 1st post was a translation (with many words in brackets, which are author-interpretations), and lots and lots of inciting commentary

15. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

Yup. Although it is now thought that Ethiopian Christian monks have it in Axum.

16. ConsequentAtheist Registered Senior Member

You are [deleted]. The Talmud was the product of the Tannaic period, by which time Judaism had been around for a good number of centuries. Since its Mishna was completed roughly 200 CE, even Christianity "is so ancient it pre-dates the Scribes' Talmud".

Now go crawl back under your rock until you come up with yet another way to expose your comical ignorance.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2004
  17. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

[deleted].....would you please comment on this from the jewish talmud ?

Baba Mezia 59b. A rabbi debates God and defeats Him. God admits the rabbi won the debate.

18. Maia Crimson Spirit Registered Senior Member

To me, the ignorant bystander, it just sounds like the Jews subscribe more to rational thought rather than "our religion defies all logic and no matter what argument we lose, we're still right and we still won".

Wouldn't that count as a good point of the Talmud?

19. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

If I concede that you won a debate, what is the big deal.? how is it going to change the fact that you are [deleted]?

Any specific reason(?) why you choose to scratch Talmud today.?

20. okinrus Registered Senior Member

PM, the Talmud is a series of commentary by many Jewish rabbies. To this regard, I believe that studying it is more of an intellectual effort in interpretation of the Torah for Jews. Some of the commentary may even be an attempt at humor, such as a rabbi debating God. A Jew would not be obliged to accept any passage of the Talmud without refering to the Torah and his or her own experiences.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No books should be banned in public libraries or schools, not the Koran, the Talmud, the Bible, The Diamond Sutra, or Mine Kampf. Most religions take their holy books with a grain of salt, knowing that they contain myths, which are only models of reality, and morals, which are useful in a society. None is truer than any other, since language can't contain real truth, only symbolic truth. Besides, you quote from a christian hate site.

22. otheadp Banned Banned

why not ban Mein Kampf?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Its important to know history, or we are doomed to repeat it.