why we need ghosts

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by birch, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Oystein Registered Senior Member

That sums up the entire world-wide ghost phenomena.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Write4U Valued Senior Member

From the link you provided.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I posted the link. I did not post anything from Twitter. Try again?

8. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Who is making the claim here and is required to provide evidence that can be tested by and with science. There is no other standard, other than *belief* which only pose the question if local or even general anecdotal tales may be taken as truth.
    That must have been the reason for Holland to grant the title of *religion* to FSM. But, as a Holander, that sounds crazy to me.

My test for truth lies in the mathematics we know and not some new laws of nature instead of the old *proven* methods which are firmly established and verified? The proposition requires an underlying principle for the mathematical ability and conditional *necessity* for even a probability and formula (a model) of a natural appearance of a ghost (such as a mirage) and if this cannot provided a ghost will forever remain a *ghost*, a theology.

Even if this could possibly be a *frozen* instant in time and somehow preserved when conditions are right, it certainly could not be sentient and least of all have *physical abilities*.

You need to answer these questions, not I.
    Just ONE testable example is necessary.
    Marconi proved his *belief* in his back yard. Now we use wireless communicatiom world wide.

Actually you can call a *selfie* a mirror ghost of yourself. Sometimes it can take minutes for your ghost to be observable half way around the world.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  9. birch Valued Senior Member

Wow, people took needing ghosts literally.

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Do you really? To find out what happened in the world yesterday you have only to consult the news, a compilation of videos and anecdotal reports. I highly doubt that you confirm the truth of that news with mathematical equations.

Noone needs a "testable example" to know when something happens. We accept the reality of events happening beyond our perception every day. The day we have to submit this basic readily accepted happening of reality to scientific testing let me know. lol!

11. birch Valued Senior Member

Exactly. Its like saying there is no proof of moon landing since i wasnt there and pictures can be faked.

The context of paranormal phenomena itself makes it hard to verify or prove - yet.

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

The lack of quality in paranormal evidence is more than made up by its preponderance. Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of accounts of this phenomenon from all over the world, photos and videos, and even audio recordings of voices and footsteps in empty buildings. To believe all this is made up is to posit such a huge and unverifiable conspiracy to deceive the public that it borders on paranoid delusion. It's far easier just to believe the paranormal is real than to believe everybody is always lying about it.

13. birch Valued Senior Member

Well there are plenty of people who know something is up and can only wonder but since they know it is hard to prove as well, they are in the same boat as skeptics who havent experienced it.

So this is why it just remains speculation for now though many people do know there are more possibilities to reality but they are left wondering and with just as many questions just the same.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I've had to come to grips with how science can be true and how the paranormal can be real at the same time. Short of becoming cognitively dissonant, I just acknowledge that there's more to reality than we know of. I suspect that time and space may be ephemeral properties of some deeper medium, something along the lines of tensor networks. What we see with the paranormal are manifestations of this quantum entangled substrate.

"There are two ways to live your life: one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle." -- Albert Einstein

birch likes this.
  15. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Yes, and those answers can be arrived at troughh mathematics.
    Correct, he merely summarized the difference between people who believe in Science and those that believe in Woo. That sentence speaks about people, and is not intended to prove anything about universal properties and functions.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal#Ghosts_and_other_spiritual_entities.

You need to read the definition of *paranormal*, to understand what it is you are actually saying.

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You don't even get that Einstein was supporting the miracle-believers here, not the unmiracle-believers. You need to rediscover the spirit of true science.

I don't derive my definition of paranormal from Wikipedia. I derive it from the photos and eyewitness evidence of those who have encountered it.

17. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Ah, yes, the spiritual side of science. We used to have that condition, it was called the "Dark Ages".

The Universe is full of wonders and I stand in awe of the potential inherent in the fabric of spacetime.
    But there are NO miracles, it's all mathematics. Even if ghosts did in fact exist, they must follow the rules of universal mathematical functions or else they cannot exist, other than in the imagination.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Mathematics doesn't determine what is real. It only determines the laws thru which the real manifests. Reality transcends whatever man can calculate in his quaint equations.

19. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Would you care to share this *new* definition of *paranormal*.

Make sure you also address this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal#Psychology

20. Write4U Valued Senior Member

And ghosts fall outside man's quaint equations and are therefore real?

21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Lot's of things fall outside of mathematical equations. Consciousness. And life. And love. And the struggle to be content in one's life. Why should the paranormal be any exception?

22. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Well, we agree on one thing; Mathematics determine the manifestation of reality. Do ghosts satisfy or defy the laws of universal mathematics?

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Who knows? Does your ignorance define the limits of what is real? I think not.