why we need ghosts

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by birch, Feb 27, 2016.

1. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

1] Have you never been in a high-rise building? They have very strong winds.
    2] You have no idea whether this hallway is closed up - or any other hallway on any floor that the shaft is connected to.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Further evidence it is paranormal. Notice the flickering overhead light. Ghosts are known to tap into nearby electrical sources when performing some of their more impressive feats. That's exactly what we see here. The light flickering while the door was slamming. And the light constant when the door stops.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Do you have sexual fantasies with ghosts (or aliens)?

Blunt Q FTW!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Notice also the piece of paper on the hallway floor. If there had been wind there, it would be blowing around. But the paper is entirely undisturbed. No wind in that hallway.

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

No, wind would just have to blow through it. We had this problem in the 1950's era dorm I stayed in. During windy weather the doors (these were just maintenance hatches, not fire doors) would rattle and moan. If you opened them they'd bang open and shut. It was easy to keep them closed - but after decades of opening and closing, the latches had some play, and they'd slam out a few millimeters and then slam back. We'd cover them with duct tape to quiet them down.
    Pressure differences on floors above and below = wind.
    Correct. The wind was coming from the pressure difference between that floor and another.

Can there be wind coming out of a vent in a hallway with all the doors and windows closed? Can that happen in your house? You tell me.

9. billvon Valued Senior Member

Nope, there was no wind in the hallway. Just from the riser.

10. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

What I find odd, is that it stopped when the guy started getting closer to the door. It doesn't seem like a hoax. (like the slamming cabinets video, for example)

But, where do ghosts get their ''energy'' from? Repeatedly slamming a door like that would require force.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

Had one of those in my garage. Went away when I replaced the ballast.

What is the wisest conclusion?
    1) The flickering was caused by a failed ballast.
    2) The flickering was caused by an angry ghost, and the ghost was not afraid of Magnetek ballasts - but is afraid of Philips ballasts.

12. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Shouldn't it be moving if a ghost was moving around? Personally I think God did it but if a ghost did it I'd expect that piece of paper move. I find that very odd. I just can't explain that.

Magical Realist likes this.
  13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No way. Air from a gap in the riser fitting, which you have no evidence of, would never be a wind strong enough to swing that door open as far and as fast as it does. There is a huge hole in door. The air would go out there, having no effect on the door whatsoever.
    '
    No pressure build up inside the compartment because of the hole in the door. And not enough air from a gap to move anything.

LOL! Noone calls a draft inside a bldg wind because it is never strong enough to be a wind. It's a draft, and certainly not enough to flow down a closed hallway to slam that door shut. It just isn 't.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

How was the compartment door slammed shut then? A mighty suction from your riser gap?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

From the overhead light. Notice it flickering only as long as the door is slamming, then it turns off and comes back on and stays on.

16. billvon Valued Senior Member

That's how most fire risers are installed. Take a look in any building.
    It was in our case.
    You think having a hole in a door will keep wind from affecting it? LOL!
    Drafts regularly slam our flue damper open and closed. And it's just a draft! LOL!

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

The chimney isn't inside your house is it? At least I hope it's not.

Not in any case. Air from a piping gap would at most be a slight puff of air. A mere whistle if at all. Certainly not a mighty gust of wind capable of swinging that door wide open and slamming it shut over and over again.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

A hoax or prank is just too implausible to even imagine. Who is pulling a prank in a school bldg at night on random cops? How is it being hoaxed, with 2 strings one on the inside of the door going into the wall and one on the outside of the door going across the hallway into the other wall? No..there is zero evidence for such a ridiculous scenario. This is a real paranormal event.

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

So you have in your mind eliminated all other possible causes?

I doubt that MR, and I doubt that any reasonable person would accept your rundown on this myth, as well as all the other myths and misunderstandings you so fanatically push.

20. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Outstanding

What is the name of the piece of equipment which detects this effect please?

What is the name of this effect and the name of the measurement units?

Megs would you be up for buying one of these units to add to your low frequency sound detector?

Who ya gonna call? Megbuster

wegs likes this.
  21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

22. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Is Meg, Weg's sister?

wegs likes this.
  23. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

My dyslexia bad

Seattle likes this.