Wicked thoughts

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by jpappl, Jun 12, 2009.

1. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Quran 24:3. Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry and but a woman similarly guilty, or an Unbeliever: nor let any but such a man or an Unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden.

This means that according to Islamic law, those proven to be engaged in adultery, cannot marry those people innocent thereof. This only applies to believers, Muslims, as Unbelievers are not governed by the laws of the Quran, hence an adulterer or adultress may marry Unbelievers, indeed they become of them.

The reason for this needs to be investigated. Why does the couple or one among the couple wish not to have children? Are their reasons valid, or does the Quran encourage them to take a different approach. According to the Quran, poverty is not an excuse, as God says he will provide for the children. Furthermore, a man and a woman wanting to live their own life is not a legitimate excuse either, because the primary purpose of marriage is to raise children and care for the coming generation. In short, the right of the child and the right of God govern the reasons for when is contraception legal or not, encouraged or discouraged.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Don't forget you need four witnesses to the act to prove adultery.

I think it was because the Meccans practised female infanticide. Girls were considered a liability and an expense.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jpappl Valued Senior Member

So in other words, if you had a relationship outside of marriage and you want to stay a Muslim, you can not re-marry.

If you had a sexual relationship outside of marriage are you still considered a Muslim ?

Ok, so in the end, contraception is not encouraged because of this. So if the couple wanted to continue to have sex while preventing a pregnancy they can do so as long as they don't get married, but they can't do so because having sex outside of marriage is against the rules as well, correct ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jpappl Valued Senior Member

This sounds like an excuse to watch.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No it means you cannot consider someone guilty if you cannot furnish four witnesses to the act.

The verse distinctly reads that it is directed towards those "guilty of adultery" and then "if they cannot furnish four witnesses" then the accusers will receive the punishment instead.

9. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

sweet escape clause... let me guess it was written by a man

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Actually its directed towards accusers of women.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But yeah, its a recognition that people make mistakes.

11. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

keeps the be-heading numbers down at least

12. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Are the accusers also the witnesses ?

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I believe the accepted punishment is lashes for adultery.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They can be, I think. :shrug:

15. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

Maybelline or Max Factor ?

16. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

I just don't see how anyone could call Islam some back-ass ward religion.. do you?

17. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Adulterers nor adultresses are not allowed to marry among chaste individuals. Adultery is a serious crime in Islamic Law [along with Torah and Bible]. "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death" (Lev. 20:10).

As for those who engage in the crime without marriage, known as fornication, the punishment is lashes and exile for a year. They may, however, get married after their punishment and after they have repented for their crimes and desist from it.

Yes, provided he asks for forgiveness from God. He isn't Muslim when committing the act and thus his faith is weakened as a result of this crime.

I don't understand the question. Contraception is permissible, but in certain instances it is discouraged. It is up to the couple.

18. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

He isn't Muslim when committing the act

.... another brilliant escape clause...:roflmao:

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Oh I don't know, it seems to me that it represents human nature quite adequately.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I disagree with that one. If he is not Muslim, then he would not be bound by Islamic laws and hence would have no need to repent.

21. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

I should clarify, when he is engaging in an criminal act, no one is Muslim. If they repent later for their crimes, then God can choose to forgive them or not based on if they are sincere and if they desist form the act.

22. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

It's must of cost a small fortune to have all those Jewish lawyers write this stuff up.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't think thats a valid argument. Its like saying, while committing crimes the troops are not American, however if they repent, then they are. But since they were not American while committing the crimes, they cannot be punished by the US Justice system.

Believing in God will not make you perfect as a human being. Being a Muslim is about believing in God, if Muslims did not commit crimes then you would not need laws to define what is right or wrong for them.

Most importantly no man can judge who is Muslim and who is not.