Wicked thoughts

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by jpappl, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

I thought I would mention something that occurred to me was relevant to this thread. I've had sex 2x in the past 8 years. By choice. I don't mind saying u practically have to beat them off with a stick (no pun intended). The 1st time (not my 1st time), I was walking into walls drunk after 3 yrs of celibacy and a guy that I would have otherwise never given the time of day touched me and before I knew what I was doing I was doing it, and when I realized I was doing it u stopped, asked him to leave, and cried. The 2nd time was last christmas with a man I've been in love with for 27 yrs. He was my 1st boyfriend when I was 15 and we're still very close. I had sex with him not because I was challenging my ideals, but the practicality of them. If I were to have a child I would want him to be the father. But I realized after what I knew before, that I don't want to have a child. Not the way the world is now. I'm very apacolyptic minded and I just don't think its the right thing for me to do right now. I don't want to use birth control. The idea of it seems hideous to me now, though when I was younger I was on it for many years. So given my ideals and desires I see no reason to get married or have sex so I don't. I want to be a foster mom, and though I'm not religious per se, I kind of consider myself a nun of sorts. There's a lot of kids and parents out there that could use my help and so I'd rather put my energy into that.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Sorry about the u's for I's, I'm on a phone here.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do you find celibacy easy? I've been celibate for some time now, since my last breakup, but its not by choice, I just don't do casual well. And I find it hard.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

I was celibate for almost 9 months. It was difficult for me, but sleeping with someone was even harder.

8. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

I have the greatest of respect for people who can choose to be celibate, whether that's for religious reasons or otherwise. I couldn't be celibate but I'd much rather abstain from an unhealthy relationship rather than use a mediocre relationship to quell my exuberant sexual appetite. Luckily I've never really had a problem with lack of either a satisfying relationship or lack of sex. If I didn't have someone I felt fulfilled me in terms of what I want from a relationship I'd wait until someone came along and masturbate until I felt I'd met someone I could have a fulfilling, healthy, sexual relationship with.

For those people who have had periods of celibacy was that self imposed and was it difficult? Also, was their any masturbation involved in these periods of celibacy? Because if there was I'd question if that was celibacy really. I understand some people don't have sexual urges or when choosing celibacy they abstain from all sexual stimulation, both physically, visually and mentally, but I think given that we are sexual creatures by nature I wonder how difficult that is for those who do choose it for whatever reasons they have. I know myself well enough to say I'd find celibacy too hard to abstain from sexual activity at all or even in limited ways.

9. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Yes. And yes. After the love of my life, though, I felt sex with someone else, at least for the first six months of singlehood, would have torn me apart. I'm like you, though, in the sense I have a voracious appetite.

Was there ever!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Celibacy isn't being dead.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I don't think it's possible not to think about sex once in awhile.

10. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

Rather than that being celibacy, would you just say that you were unready to enter into a sexual relationship with another person then? After all ceibacy is an abstinence of all sexual activity.

I think that's too much of a generalisation to say no one can not think about sex personally. I think some people do. I do think we as a species are governed by our sexuality but I couldn't say we all are, as there's always the exception to the rule.

11. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Says who?

I would bet my bottom dollar most celibate people are whacking off.

Amen. The only rule that ever held true is that for every rule, there are some exceptions.

12. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

Says wiki, youdictionary.com, Buddhist monks and nuns who have taken ordination vows, Roman Catholic monks and nuns who have taken ordination vows, Anglican priests who have taken a vow of celibacy, Hindu Sannyasists, vedic Brahmacharyats, Zionists to name a few.

13. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

14. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Adultry is having sexual relations with another persons husband/wife. So you can be a single person having sexual relations with a person married to another person. Therefore you can comit adultry when you are single.

After your married you can still comit adultry with another persons husband/wife.

If you have sex with a married person who is not married to you then you have comited physical Adultry.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

15. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Idealism in this world is the biggest waste of emotional investment ever made. Untold millions have been exploited and lead into destruction because they had Idealism in this world.

Get people to believe their idealism in this world can be realised if they do what you tell them. Then you can make them commit the most abominable acts of cruelty and turn their world into a nightmare.

Idealism has its place, that’s with God.

Realism has its place, that’s with mankind.

16. Adstar Valued Senior Member

See one who starts with idealism in mankind comes finally to the realism that mankind is faulty and it leads to hatred/ contempt of their fellow man, also i suspect the emotion of betrayal.

But if on starts from the position of realism in relation to mankind then one cannot be betrayed, one cannot be disappointed or angered by mankind. Therefore hatred does not happen. But compassion for the suffering caused by others fault's can develop. Also forgiveness of others and oneself is much much easier to come to.

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

At first yes and no. It was what was customary, but like what katandar says below. I got to a point where what was going on in my head and what was going on with my body were such 2 different things, that like a pavlov dog I didn't want to anymore.

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

I think there's somewhat of a physical withdrawal. I've gone through spells where I will become the master of my own domain, but afterwards, though I sleep easy, it makes me feel even lonelier. Like if I don't settle for anyone else, why should I settle for this? And like a pavlov dog...

19. Adstar Valued Senior Member

A Christian who commits a wrong is still a Christian.

A christian who commits a wrong and in their minds proclaim the wrong to be not wrong but acceptable behaviour. That person is not a Christian.

Being a Christian is about Believing Jesus.

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

I live my own ideals. They are only for me. God's ideals are obvious to those who are truly seeking.

21. jpappl Valued Senior Member

No problem Lori.

You know, why don't you just make sure they have protection or better yet, bring it yourself.

I had a girlfriend who had a really great sense of humor, the first time she and I made love, as we got closer she pulled out a condom, she opened it up and it was like 10+ inches long pre-stretched, and she said.

I'm looking for a man who can fill this ?

After a long very nervous pause we both started busting up.

It broke the ice.

Embrace your lustfull and wicked thoughts, lol.

22. jpappl Valued Senior Member

As I understand it, it's only adultery for the married party.

But either way, there has to be a married person for it to be considered. That term does not belong describing two, non-married persons.

23. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Ok I'm with you,

Ok, now I lost ya. Yep, nope don't understand that.