will the east fall to the west?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Agent@5, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

I have been studying orientlaism and imperalism... and its look to me that our increasing world of globalisation mean that the 'western' dominance will push all the way and wipe out the cultures of the 'east' ..... I really ope im worng

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

Culturally it will be a blend. Many thousand years ago, Aryans invaded India ...as the story goes, and China and India have been trading for thousands of years (Taoism, Hinduism, Buddhism)...India itself got exposed to Christianity during Jesus time....

So....it will be a blend....butterflies with many colors....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

I've always liked the idea that it can only be a matter of time before all skincolour is a mixture of white, black, red and yellow

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It will be hard for racists to get their jobs done then. They will need to start ask id cards to know if someone is a stranger.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

There is another way to solve this race proble. As our civilization grows, we may have enemies outside of our planet - when that happens, we will quickly unite against a common enemy...it could happen sooner than you think.

Those blue people may be back....

8. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Yes, I know.

A while ago I visited a lot of conspiracy and Area 51 sites and stuff.

I must say: there is a LOT of crap on them. I don't understand why people feel the need to tell lies in an area where truth and lie are so close together already. I guess it is disinformation

But what I wanted to say: maybe they are already here. If they could bend time (you know, to travel quickly, there's a theory about that), then why couldn't they bend the frequency field that we use to form our view on reality?

I am NOT a believer! I am a considerer

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

want to see the future of decrimination watch gatica

10. kmguru Staff Member

All things are possible but some stuff are improbable. Trying to find what is probable without concrete evidence is like figureing out what the terrorist will do next. Remember we thought they might use the plane as a missile but we did not think that is probable....

So, the best defense from being called a crackpot is to use a lot of disclaimers but discuss possibilities until we get some real proof...

11. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Well, I made sure of that by saying that I am a considerer, not a believer

12. kmguru Staff Member

That works for me....

13. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

So you think this aspect of globalisation is good? the only thing is, its the 'west' domnating the 'eas't its not like its a balanced mix

14. kmguru Staff Member

I think so (good that is...)

I am 40% East and 60% West. My personal life is East while my business life is West. That gives me an edge on performance. I can walk into any company, browse their database (10 hrs), talk to the COO, CFO for a few minutes and know exactly what the problem is and what it would take to fix it. But I seem to work hard for 3 months so that they will think they are getting their money's worth.

So, a blend of the two would help....

15. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

But would say it you would be better off havng more 'western' aspects about you than 'eastern'... do you think you could survive the lifestyle you live right now?

16. kmguru Staff Member

You mean, poping pills, affairs, coronary bypass, trophy wife....that short of thing?

17. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

Umm well what I meant was, you said your were 60% west... etc... if it were reversed do you think you would be treated differently?

18. kmguru Staff Member

In the west, yes. People in a certain culture have certain expectations. They will assume that I do not understand the idiosynchracies and hence could be a detriment to the way of making money for them.

Even 100% West but a female gender has a similar problem. The males think, the female will not hangout with them after hours and BS a lot while someone comes up with a way to beat the competition....they are forced to hire females in a male culture because the government says so!

19. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

Wow, tahts crazy... t me tanyway. I guess noone is ina position to judge, We are all as werid or as saina s each other lol

20. Zero Banned Banned

Awwk!!! Asguard, the Archspace council that exploited a bug in the game to win and force a reset!!! ARRGGHH!!!

Ahem. As for the current question...

I would say that I hope East and West combines to produce a new culture that has all the good sides of the both sides but without the drawbacks...lol we can only hope for such a good result.

The thing about East is...(warning some generalizations coming through BEEP BEEP)...that it tends to care much about the mind and soul, often to such an extent that it forgets about practical things. It forgets that you have to eat to live in its pursuit of mental and spiritual enlightenment. As a result, many Eastern countries stress education a lot.

The thing about West is that it is very practicall, and therefore efficient. But it is too worldly and it often finds voids in people's souls and minds (boy, you should see how dumb some Americans are...only half of them knew that humans and dinosaurs did NOT coexist!!!).

As a result, you see some Westerners taking interest in Eastern Religions and philosophy, and Eastern countries going for 'modernization' (a bit of Western practicality that would bring prosperity...). The trend is that...they will probably assimilate each other.

The only problem is the US. If all countries are equal in power the above scenario should work. But since the US is the only superpower (I know China is fast rising...but not yet) it has more control. America forces open foreign markets and dumps its US culture there to sell, and this is destroying Eastern culture. Also, since America has the prosperity to prove it, Easterners may be led to believe that its culture is also somehow superior. The situation is somewhat unpredictable but it is a bit gloomy. The American definition of globalization is 'making all others Americanish'. That is what the US is telling everyone by its actions.

Any comments?

21. kmguru Staff Member

Any comments?

I do...I do...I do...

boy, you should see how dumb some Americans are...only half of them knew that humans and dinosaurs did NOT coexist!!!

I did not know that...I thought Eastern culture puts several life cycles/civilization (Yugas) for humans on this planet for 120 million years!

Also, since America has the prosperity to prove it, Easterners may be led to believe that its culture is also somehow superior.

Well...during the idustrial revolution, most immigrants came from Europe. But today's Information culture, there are a lot of immigrants from Asia that are dominating that practice. So, east and west is already blended in America. And that is the new culture...being exported.

22. Zero Banned Banned

Correction. America is forcing open foreign markets and foreign cultures are in serious danger of being globalized (translation: Americanized).

23. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

most of them already are!