Will the meek Hinduism survive?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by UltiTruth, Feb 4, 2003.

1. spookz Banned Banned

HINDU TEMPLES - WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM

SUMMING UP

Starting with Al-Bilãdhurî who wrote in Arabic in the second half of the ninth century, and coming down to Syed Mahmudul Hasan who wrote in English in the fourth decade of the twentieth, we have cited from eighty histories spanning a period of more than twelve hundred years. Our citations mention sixty-one kings, sixty-three military commanders and fourteen sufis who destroyed Hindu temples in one hundred and fifty-four localities, big and small, spread from Khurasan in the West to Tripura in the East, and from Transoxiana in the North to Tamil Nadu in the South, over a period of eleven hundred years. In most cases the destruction of temples was followed by erection of mosques, madrasas and khãnqãhs, etc., on the temple sites and, frequently, with temple materials. Allãh was thanked every time for enabling the iconoclast concerned to render service to the religion of Muhammad by means of this pious performance.

HINDU TEMPLES

Last edited: Feb 10, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Of course not, i regard it as your point of veiw just as my reply was mine.
    Ignorance means not knowing or being aware of ones real position as a soul and taking the phenomenal, temporal body to be the self.

Srimad Bhagavad Gita;

na tv evaham jatu nasam
    na tvam neme janadhipah
    na caiva na bhavisyamah
    sarve vayam atah param

Chapter 2, Verse 12.
    Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

dehino 'smin yatha dehe
    kaumaram yauvanam jara
    tatha dehantara-praptir
    dhiras tatra na muhyati

Chapter 2, Verse 13.
    As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A self-realized soul is not bewildered by such a change.

Study the BG, you will understand.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Love

Jan Ardena.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Fortunately, I have the opportunity of reading the Bhagavad Gita in its original language, listen to it in the native tone, and can also recite a verse or two. (And incidentally, I started a Gita thread on this board!

)

But since you have internalized the Gita and know you are indestructible, would you watch in peace if somebody attacks your house, beats you up and ransacks all the furniture?

Reality check, Jan!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I too am fortunate enought to read BG in its original language and listen to it in native tone, and can recite a verse or two, so we have something in common.

What is the point of your question?
    Could you please put me in the picture?

Love

Jan Ardena.

8. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

Lord Krishna gave permission to protect yourself only against agression and at the same time tried maximum to avoid bloodshed.

He also told He resides in every living/non-living being.

9. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

The whole point of this question (and the thread) is whether softer religions and their followers should take any proactive/aggressive steps to protect their faith and themselves against aggressions by the more vociferous/monotheistic ones.
    Of course, resistance could be in a large number of ways.

10. Panther Registered Senior Member

Religious Isolationism

Should these eastern religions practice traditions and culture in isolation...

Yes they should be more aggressive; however, wouldn't it be better to convert than murder...if murder is the only answer and the excuse just happens to be that he/she does not believe in there "Deity"...isolation...meditation; however, who really wants to be a monk all the time; probably just the monks? right...not that there anything wrong with that...priest, monk, guru...whatever you might call it...

11. spookz Banned Banned

ulti
    did you notice how i morphed into a right wing hindu fundamentalist? lot of fun to be had!! check out the jesus in india thread!

12. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

It depends on what you think "religion" is, my understanding of religion has very little to do with mundane physical life, but because we are superficially physical beings we interpret religion according to our understanding.
    Religion is a set of rules and regulations designed to elavate man to the status of a fully conscious human being, i.e. to understand his true origin and the source of that origin. The scriptures, such as the bible and the Qur'an state these rules and regulations and how they should be applied at those times. The mistake the muslims and christians are making, imho, is that they are not applying themselves only to the rules and regulations in this time, as stated, but applying themselves to the methods, as prescribed in that time, now. This is why i think there is so much discontent.

Like any subject, if you do not see it (religion) through, you cannot in truth claim to be religous as set down in your scripture.

e.g. if i wanted to become a qualified doctor and therefore bona-fide, i would have to study for the required period, then take an exam, and if i passed the exam, then and only then can i be called, doctor.

Sooooo, your question is mis-directed, it should not be directed at "religion" as real religion is non-sectarian, it discriminates between different levels of consciousness as opposed to different organisations.

Reality check?

Love

Jan Ardena.

13. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

East is as far to the West as West is to the East!

wouldn't it be better to convert than murder...if murder is the only answer and the excuse just happens to be that he/she does not believe in there "Deity"...isolation...meditation
    Hinduism neither converts not murders!

... however, who really wants to be a monk all the time; probably just the monks? right...not that there anything wrong with that...priest, monk, guru...whatever you might call it...
    So you thought India had 700 million MONKS? Hindus are simple little humans, Panther!

I was following the thread and also made a post, spookz!

Poor Randalfo found an Indian Hindu on a conversion mission in LA, I guess! How did you enjoy being a Hindu and a rare aggressive one at that?

No conflict on your philosophy, Janardana, er... Jan Ardena.
    Did I direct it on any religion? But you didn't answer me on my question. What would you do if somebody barges into your home? be a Gandhi or resist? And what would you expect a Hindu to do when he finds a part converted temple?- there are hundreds in India. (did you see spookz' link on temples? I have seen a few dozen temples myself!) Is or isn't faith-protection a part of one's karma- since you are just "nimiththa matra"?

Thanks

14. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

15. Panther Registered Senior Member

UltiTruth

I was talking about people who murder hindu's for religious reasons; not the opposite

I have full respect for Hindu's....and many other religions...

Very funny I kinda do see Hindu's as monks...all 700 million of them... Ha Ha...

Much Respect
    Best of Life...

16. spookz Banned Banned

actually dude a sizable percentage of that figure are clerks at your local 7-11/cornershop!

17. Rick Valued Senior Member

Jan ,

You say you have read Geeta and you dont know what Nimith Matra is?...i am surprised seriously...

Btw.I didnt read the whole thread i confess.But Ulti,
    we talked about the tenth Incarnation isnt it?this Tenth one is going to do just great Job i am sure.it will be one of the most powerful one i can assure you...

bye!

18. Rick Valued Senior Member

And remember,
    MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

BYE!

19. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

zion,
    Guess that is right.
    If religious ethnic cleansing for a thousand years could not destroy the philosophy, the spirit and not even the rituals, I guess that itself is divine!
    It does pain sometimes, though!

Anyways

20. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Panther:
    Assuming you are an American, do you know that a third of all software engineers, a quarter of all doctors in the US, and a quarter of all NASA scientists are all Indian monks?

(including the lady monk that died in Columbia!

)

Easy one

Wasn't that Religious Hate than Religion, Jan?

So you would ask the murderers for some time to ponder and then decide?- you mean think without the head upto the throat level?

The question is not 'how they would', rather 'how they should'! (they never did anyway. Last month, an idol in a temple was destroyed. Did you hear that?- like you did about that dilapidated mosque being scaled a few years ago?)
    So you would appoint a lawyer to study the country's laws?

The Gita says you only act, the motive being God's. So if you resist, even then you are only following the Supreme. No?

Reality Check, Jan!

21. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

UltiTruth.

Wasn't that Religious Hate than Religion, Jan?

Between hindu and muslim.

So you would ask the murderers for some time to ponder and then decide?- you mean think without the head upto the throat level?

What a silly question, you never mentioned the intention of the intruder, that was the reason of all the possible scenarios, plus I mentioned nothing about dialouge.

Think without the head up to throat, what are you talking about?

The Gita says you only act, the motive being God's. So if you resist, even then you are only following the Supreme. No?

You’ve lost me here, what is this statement in relation to, and could you show me where it say we only act, and the motive is Gods, thanks.

Reality Check, Jan!

Errrrrrrrr……………..nope, this statement still means nothing to me, even the second time around, I’m afraid you’ll have to spell it out.

Zion, Jan ,

You say you have read Geeta and you dont know what Nimith Matra is?...i am surprised seriously...

There are a lot of things I don’t know, believe it or not sanskrit is not my first language.

I am interested in God, this is why I read Gita, I know some sanskrit verses by art, but I am not a sanskrit scholar.

But if you are prepared to inform me as to its meaning, then I will know what it means for future reference.

Love

Jan Ardena.

22. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Correct, and not Hinduism and Islam

Rarely do intruders display their statement of Purpose! But anyway, would you grade the intruder based on his intention, before proceeding with a Plan of Action that fits into your overall strategy based on...?
    Anyway, the intention is quoted by you elsewhere.

Did you follow the first part of the thread, Jan?

What? Isn't this central to Gita? Jan!!!

Philosophy...fine. How about reality, Jan?

Thanks

23. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member