Will the meek Hinduism survive?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by UltiTruth, Feb 4, 2003.

1. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

You mean I should have said, "15 people were killed by 4 people- the reason: not known"?

Are you sure no religion does that?

What about this, Jan?
    Is this the only center? And my point isn't from Gita?

So can Bhaktas resist aggression? And why did Lord Krishna ask Arjuna to fight and not be tolerant?

So one may act? finally!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The part that one should go philosophical and try to understand the true religion while being battered and taken advantage of!

Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spookz Banned Banned

there should be alternatives to state sanctioned violence against
    minority anything. having peasants armed with pitch forks roaming the streets should not be an option.
    lets hear some ideas. are there orgs working towards reconciliation?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rick Valued Senior Member

Hi Jan,
    Yes obviously your language is not Sanskrit.But please would you mind still using correct spellings on the board or may be verifying them before you say it here.Like for example You said Something about Kuru Dynasty,It Kaurav's and not Kurus.I'd be happy to correct you out.

thanks.
    bye!

8. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Thanks.

Love

Jan Ardena.

9. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Jan:

But the answer is an easy one, on a reality basis! And you need to face it.

So you take no offence if the intruder is an ignorant- or better still a mad man?

No
    Sri Krishna in Gita says He is everything, and everything everyone does is as per his intentions. This is equally central.

Kshatriya is a division based on duty, not birth in reality. And a bhaktha is not a special person- it means "devotee". So if I am a Kshatriya devotee, with a converted temple before my eyes, tell me what I am I supposed to do, Jan (and beyond the sweet philosophy, please)?

"religious principles"???!!!- I thought Gita talked about Dharma in the sense of Justice, and Adharma in the sense of anarchy! Isn't Gita one layer above religion, Jan?
    To the best of my knowledge, (and as zion pointed out similarly), kuru dynasty hardly has anything to with demonic population. Pandavas and Kauravas were cousins- the war was a family feud based on Dharma.

You are really being literal, Jan. I am not talking of ACTING in movies either!

Do I need to do that?

But don't get tripped off anyway (read the Gita if needed and be a "Sthitha Pragnya")!

spookz:
    State sanctioned violence is never the answer. Fortunately, it was rarely resorted to, in my understanding. Nevertheless, awareness needs to grow. Few Hindus or Muslims know or even care to understand about history and to empathise.
    For example, on the current temple issue, I am sure even a muslim would appreciate the plight that the Hindus went through in a certain part of time. If the leaders were not just loud vote-seekers, things would have been very different. Imagine the muslims themselves rebuilding the Ayodhya temple in place of the unused mosque, as a gesture of goodwill. That would provide enough charge for unity for the next 500 years, and make the Hindus permanently cease all further claims for any of the thousands of temples converted!
    I remember one muslim leader was in favour of this. And Swamy Sankaracharya is also working for some acceptable solutions.
    But for any of this to happen, I think monotheism, that automatically makes everyone else a traitor, is the biggest hassle!
    Thanks

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

11. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

But the answer is an easy one,
    Then tell me, and lets discuss it.
    If you are telling me that you don't know any monotheistic religions that rule out the possibility of other religions/God/philosophy being true, I cannot help you- either you are too ignorant (which I know you aren't) or are feigning ignorance that I cannot do much about!

Anyways, I don't want this thread to be another 'My religion is "rightest"'- there are enough you can check out yourself!

Sri Krishna in Gita says He is everything, and everything everyone does is as per his intentions. This is equally central.
    Now why don’t you give reference of your statement from the Gita regarding everything everyone does is as per his intentions.
    Here:
    O Arjuna, I am the Atma abiding in the heart of all beings. I am also the beginning, the middle, and the end of all beings. (10.20)
    I am the beginning, the middle, and the end of the creation, O Arjuna. Among the knowledge I am knowledge of the supreme Self. I am logic of the logician. (10.32)
    I am the fraud of the gambler; I am the splendor of the splendid; I am victory (of the victorious); I am resolution (of the resolute); I am the goodness of the good. (10.36)
    I am the origin or seed of all beings, O Arjuna. There is nothing, animate or inanimate, that can exist without Me. (See also 7.10 and 9.18) (10.39)

maya thathamidam sarvam jagadavyaktha moorthina
    mathyani sarvabhoothani na chaham theshvavasthithaha

mathaha paratharam naanyathkiinchidasthi dhananjaya
    mayi sarvamidam protham suthre manigana iva

And did you check out what "Nimitha matra" means, Jan? That answers your query in itself.
    ...and let me know if you need more on this.

So if I am a Kshatriya devotee, with a converted temple before my eyes, tell me what I am I supposed to do, Jan (and beyond the sweet philosophy, please)?
    What do you want me to tell you, I am not you, you will do whatever is in you heart and mind at the time.
    I asked you what I should, not what I would. Since you made some categorical statements on ignorance, I would like your opinion in the situation, of course sans pure phiolosphy again!

Dharma means religious principles
    Source?

How do you mean one layer above religion?
    Gita is not just religion. It is much more, of which religion would be a subset! And do I need to mention this to a Gita expert???!!!

12. spookz Banned Banned

o mother india

The air is thick with ugliness and there's the unmistakable stench of fascism on the breeze.' (arundhati roy)

13. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

14. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

So.. Ulti and Jana.. still both of u dodging each-other.. uhh.?

see u next week... lol..

15. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

EverNeo:
    Yes, we need some fun on the Eastern philosophy board too. Don't we?

Jan:
    Either I am making assumptions or your don't see the obvious, Jan.
    And I vote for the latter. And would love to see more votes!!!

Of course, friend. And if I sounded any other way, I apologize.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2003
  16. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Everneo,

So.. Ulti and Jana.. still both of u dodging each-other.. uhh.?

You are half right, there is some dodging going on, but none of it by me.

Either I am making assumptions or your don't see the obvious, Jan.
    And I vote for the latter. And would love to see more votes!!!

So let me see if I have this right, you believe that "religion" show enmity toward other religions, based on mans view of religion?
    If this is a correct assumption, then what do you regard as religion?

Of course, friend. And if I sounded any other way, I apologize.

I just got the feeling you were being condescending by refering to me as a "Gita expert" for which there was no need, but i do accept your apology.

Love

Jan Ardena.

17. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

So now you are dodging everneo?

No

Well, I thought you brought in the Gita bit into the thread and also advised to read it!?
    And since you brought in the word "Condescending", weren't you the one who used the term "Ignorance" very early in the thread?
    Greets

18. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

19. kmguru Staff Member

Will the meek Hinduism survive?

I think so. It has for 7000 years though a little muddy in the process from Sanatana Dharma...but then again, Hinduism which gave us Vedas, Ramayan, Mahabharat, Gita...is not meek, may be the people are.

20. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Oh kmguru,
    nice to see you back, after a long time!

21. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

What is hinduism?

Love

Jan Ardena.

22. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Hinduism is the world's oldest surviving religion. What seperates hinduism from most other religions is that other religions lay great emphasis on converting people of other faiths to that religion. Christianity and Islam spring readily to mind here. Hinduism will never die out. It is a fallaccy to suppose that hindus are meek and tolerate sacrilage to their religion.

Virtous conduct is an important tenet of hinduism. Reincarnattion is something most hindus believe in. Trying to convert people of other faiths to their religion has been the philosophy of christianity and islam, something i completely disagree with. Hinduism is not nearly as much a religion as it is a way of life.

Take the Godhra riots for example. A group of muslims burnt a train compartment full of hindu priests. The chief minister of the state of Gujurat spread false propoganda with the result that many many uneducated hindus believed the muslims of Gujurat were trying to destroy their religion. What followed was a nations shame. Hindu mobs burning, pillaging, killing muslims and muslim settlements.

Like any devout people hindus take offense to any threat to their religion. They are definitley not as fanatical as muslims or as eager as christians to spread their faith but as far as religion is concerned, don't trifle with them.

There's a guy in Bihar, a state of India, who after the Godhra riots believed that muslims were trying to convert hindus to Islam. So, now he rides with a motorcyle gang of around 40 like minded guys and beats up and muslim he sees on the road.

Hinduism will always survive. Whether it spreads to other countries and flourishes couldn't concern us at all. In India, it will always survive and flourish.

23. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003