Will There Be A WWIII. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by clayton, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Eventually, sure. Now instead of a huge worldwide calamity there could be a bunch or regional wars but in a decent size. let's say China vs. India where nobody else is willing to step between them. Once there is no topdog or a nation who is willing to keep order, smaller nations can feel the courage to take care of their neighbours...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Interesting hypothesis.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. clayton Registered Senior Member

I agree but what if all the nations were AT WAR what could/would happen.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. soullust Registered Senior Member

if china tried to hit America they would be devastated, damn just my nations Canadian navy would sink half there ships b4 they even got close to our coast, let alone the huge USA navy.

the worse thing china could do to the USA would be to call in there debt, which would rock the American economy, and even though Canada is very resilient, (I mean this so called global recession did very little to Canada's economy were at all most 7 percent growth all ready). and most of the UK nations, economies would be tumbled, so we retaliate we apply trade sanctions on china. oops, that causes china's economy to be rocked.

Now this is where it would get interesting, we all would suffer horrible famine every where, it would not matter where you're from or Werther you're rich or poor, because money will be worthless paper, thanks to France, and the Nixon generation America that said long live true capitalism, down with the gold standard, (if you don't know what the gold standard is goggle it, or Wiki it).

so our options would be to adapt fast, open our plants and Factories, change our pay system to work with a much smaller value currencies, and become self dependent again instead of relying on cheap Chinese junk that we depend on so much today.
    (which might i add is our own damn fault we do depend on the sneaky slink eyed....ever notice that most of our government, over the last 20-30 years was all big oil families, what a better way to hide raising crude prices for there benefit, buy garbage at our sake so they can get richer while keeping prices stable, with low Chinese labor sweatshops, greed have to love it.)

OR

we let famine set in, people are starving, our way of life collapses, Nations hog what resources they have at the fear of times to come, riots begin on our streets people are sick, due to lack of medicines, and nutrient rich diets all of our western bodies have adapted to live on.

world government's fall into anarchy once free sates and nations of the world are now rogue military states. because of this globally security dies, people begin to loose there sense of security, tensions begin to build among these states, to the point of little border skirmishes, to a point of all out war. WW3...

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

You are greatly overestimating the strength of Canada's military.......I KNOW our military sucks......Canada is one of the weakest countries in the world militarily ( but a great place to live ). Truthfully, if there is a World War III and USA is not protecting us, then we are probably one of the first big countries to go sayonara. You think Canada's economy wasn't effected much......well explain the symptoms that is happening? Explain why British Colombia canceled the Gifted Program and cut education budget? Explain a lot of things. Well there is nothing wrong with being a flag waving patriot, but there is so many things wrong with being overly arrogant. I think Harper should stop minding everyone else' business UNTIL AFTER we get stronger.

9. krazedkat IQ of "Highly Gifted"-"Genius" Registered Senior Member

Good and bad are based on opinions. To some Hitler was good and vice-versa.

10. soullust Registered Senior Member

I agree, harper is a moron, and as for our military, Canada is and has gotten much stronger the last few years, and will for the for see able future.

and the reason no one could touch us, is because no one could come close to mobilizing like us, on our soils. were an aw some country, very beautifully, but also very rugged and wild.

No nation is going to beat us in the Canadian North, so basically any nation coming for us would have to go through the Americans, from the south, Which would still be a daunting task considering land size and the fact practically every Canadian is armed with some kind rifle, 35 000 000 million guns plus. plus a relatively small but extremal well trained military, 75,000 personal now i believe, with the hopes to have it at 80,000 by 2012, plus we have purchased 15 new medium to heavy lift Chinook helicopters being delivered this year and over the next several years. oh and them new ice breakers that are being phased in over the next few years these are not regular ice breakers, there armed and there armed heavily. then we still have our 12 frigates,(which might i add are as large and as capable as destroyers, but some nations refer to them as frigates for some stupid political shit...damn politics piss me off.) Plus we do have 5 subs, four operational, Only dieasle, and being up fitted with nuclear engines.

We have a fairly small fighter jet force, i believe we have 86 working cf-18 super hornets at the moment, I could be off on that one 5 or 10 either way.
    but even though these jets are getting old, they are up to date with all modern tech, and capable of intrigating perfectly with any Allie air force. and if membery serves me right the bombing run in Afghanistan, and desert storm, Canada drooped and delivered 20 percent of the air strikes, the USA was around 36-37percent the rest of the allies had the rest. not bad for a small air force. oh and we do have new jets lined up as well. and as for our land assault vehicles Canada is second to none. and our heavy tanks, they are in the process of being upgraded to the next generation leopard 2, even though the leopard 1 is still formidable. with all modern tech under it's skin.

and Our snipers, or second to none, how many records, and what are the middle east statistics.

and then if things got really bad, our damn police force is trained better then most forean militarized.

Point is if some rogue nation wants to hit Canada bring it, I think you might be in for more then you bargained for.

Canada is a very strong country, ppl just compare us to the USA more then others, and i mean come on 300 000 000 million pop, backed army, 35 000 000 backed army.

i think were doing pretty damn good.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  11. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

True, we have geographical advantage. Also true about almost every Canadian HOUSEHOLD ( not every person ) have a gun ( that doesn't mean they are military grade sharpshooters or soldiers ). We have a tiny military. Don't even get to the police.....they suck, our RCMP suck as well ( At least better than the poor countries ). If we are that strong, then we don't have to enlist 16 year old kids from High Schools ( I KNOW it is true 100% because it is on the course calender for High School next year, I am sure as hell not taking THAT course, I don't want to be a grunt for the Canadian Reserves ). For the Iraqis War, almost ALL the bombs were dropped by the RAF and USAF, I don't hear about Canadians dropping ANY bombs at all ( I am sure we dropped some, but not enough to be mentioned ). You do realize that 1 missile ( or significant strike ) at each of the important canadian provincial capital cities plus Montreal, Toronto, Kingston and Ottawa will bring Canada down to its knees or maybe beyond....it is scary I know, but it is the facts. Canada is also a lot weaker then every other country in G8 and every developed country.

12. soullust Registered Senior Member

funny you mention that of course if 1 missile hit any country in everyone of its Major cities they would crumble. and you do realize where i live at the moment they are about to dredge out the Sydney harbor, to be able to accommodate the largest ships in the world, and the closest super port to the European Continent, plus a new military base, and there recruiting like crazy here now for new solders to work navy communications,and our coast guard college is getting a huge upgrade, coincidence, I guess that is in individual opinion, i say nope.

look through history Canada went into many wars where there shelves were empty, and everyone said good bye Canada, but out of no where, i mean with in weeks we are up among the top 5 armed militarized of the world, not many countries have the raw financial backing nore the industrial capabilities we have.

plus we have all the resources and tech to build top of the line modern military, and energy to out last prob ally every military in the world except possible Australia.

Oh and speak to other solders from other nations ask them what they think of the Canadian military, we have nothing but respect, you earn respect, it shure as hell is not giving away.

13. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Without Kingston, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto .ect the country can't function. The Royal Military Collage ( or is the Royal Canadian Military College ) is in Kingston with all the officer cadets, Toronto and Montreal are the economic centers, and Ottawa is the capital city. Vancouver, Edmonton and such are also on the list. We are definitely NOT the top 5, we are AT THE VERY LEAST behind every other country in G8....... The reason we have respect because we go around minding everyone else' business and don't start any wars.

14. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

The Fourth Reich dominates Europe. Lang Lieben Deutchland!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

No I am not referring to Nazis. I am referring to Germany itself.

15. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Reich doesn't mean Nazi, it means Empire. Holy Roman Empire is Heiliges Römisches Reich. In Asia I think it will eventually become one....East Asian Coalition, it seems very likely.

16. soullust Registered Senior Member

i am prob ally giving them too much credit, and i am sure you are under estamating them some what. but this is an argument that could prolly go on for days i will leave it at that.

but after the world wars etc, Canada did have the 4th largest navy in the world, and during the Korean war we ramped up our armed forces to a formidable force, that is written in history.

and i am not saying that we wouldn't get our asses kicked by most of the g8.
    except France, they haven't figured out how to win wars yet..

but what i am saying we would give them a run for there money to an extent, and there would be huge causalities on each side.

and were the lowest populated country in the g8, we should not have the millitary force of or allies the g7, nore russia.

17. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

True. France only won wars with Napoloen.

18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

France is actually pretty good these days. With the French Foreign Legion, Mirages, and nukes.....but they historically suck despite ALWAYS being one of the top countries in Europe.

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I like knowing what is our weakness, it is a valuable knowledge. I don't like overestimating the ability of Canada, that will cause us to make some VERY bad decisions.

20. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Really? I actually laughed when I heard that Georgia declared war on Russia. I laughed harder when I heard France was going to resolve it. Not to dis them but they are'nt much compared to countries like Russia and China.

21. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I know, but they are a lot better the most countries.

I bet the Japanese Self-Defense Forces can take them on...especially once they start ordering exoskeleton suits...

22. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

My moneys on Russia. (no i'm not betting on WWIII)

23. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

My money is on Japan

Everyone, bet your country, if you win you win money, if you lose you die

I am just joking.