Will we ever "outgrow" terrorism?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by GRO$$, Oct 15, 2001.

1. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

I was thinking: ...terrorism, hatred, and extremist religious followers... It all seems so childish.
    Will we ever grow up? By we, i mean us humans.
    Will we ever understand to accept each other's differences or maybe merge into one belief?
    Or will we just go on fighting and killing each other because it is part of our competitive nature?
    This can be argued from both sides: on one, people have been more and more peaceful thank in the past: the average civilized person does not rely on any violence to survive.
    On the other hand, "fake" violence is all around us... in computer games, television, and sports ( WWF, American football... ).
    What do you guys think?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Biggles Custos morum Registered Senior Member

No..

... I don't think that the human race will ever be totally rid of terrorism. I think that it's an unfortunate side-affect from Democracy... where the most "votes" wins the day. There will always be an element or faction whose opinions are ignored beause they represent such a small group. These smaller factions have to resort to the only thing that they think will give power to their cause.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

But of course those last resorts are not justified so we can't blame Democracy. The only people at fault are those who thought that terrorism was a way to get themselves recognition...or rather power. Those people are just sick.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

What is "sick" though? Is it the same as evil? We consider "sick" anything taht is different enough from us. Bin Laden and HIS bunch thine we are sick cuz we allow our women to show their faces...

8. Biggles Custos morum Registered Senior Member

You've probably seen this analogy, but..

If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of 100 people, with everything else remaining the same, it would look like this:

There would be:

57 Asians
    21 Europeans
    14 from the Western Hemisphere,
    8 Africans,
    52 would be female
    48 would be male
    70 would be non-white
    30 would be white
    70 would be non-Christian
    30 would be Christian
    95 would be heterosexual
    5 would be homosexual
    6 people would own 59% of the world's wealth
    80 would live in substandard housing
    70 would be unable to read
    50 would suffer from malnutrition
    1 would be near death
    1 would be near birth
    1 would have a college education
    1 would own a computer
    0 would play oboe

What's so democratic about a small number of people deciding the fate of the World?

...all I'm saying is that we got it good. The people that aren't so lucky haven't got anything to lose..? Especially the Oboe players!

9. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

WoW

I actually have NOT seen that before... very interesting.

10. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Yes!

We will outgrow terrorism! Soul after soul will wake up and smell the coffee and see that fear is not a preferable state of consciousness.
    Maybe when that is done, the soul will then leave the physical form of life totally and leave the physical world for those spirits who still must learn in this fashion.

So humanity will evolve. But the physical world as a learning ground will remain at the level needed for best understanding for the spirits in growth there.
    But I´m predicting that the even the physical world will benefit from the massive illumination of human kind that is upon us. The last futile earthly battles are being fought, just for the sake that EVERYBODY should get a last chance to survive the transformation from the shift from a "human-fear-majority" state of mind to a "human-love-majority" state of mind.
    War is a major demonstration of fear and who doesn´t see that already?
    Yes, those who needs to experience another war to gain that knowledge.
    That is why we are experiencing another war. Our souls needs this knowledge to move on with its education thoughout the universe.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. SeekerOfTruth Unemployed, but Looking Registered Senior Member

Re: Yes!

Bebelina,

If war is an expression of the human-fear-majority state of mind, what would the expression for the human-love-majority state of mind?

12. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Peace.

What else?

And of corse all the positive effects that a peaceful society would bring. Creativity, harmony, friendship.

13. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

Under what pricetag?

What will be thew price of peace? Will there be a WWIII and will people be disgusted so much with war after that, that there will be world peace?

14. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

The price of peace.

Is to let go of the beloved and comfortable feeling of fear, no more, no less.
    And the struggle of keeping it is taking place now, WWIII.

15. kmguru Staff Member

I was in the library today. Isaw a whole rack of books on terrorism. I guess it is too much work to eradicate it, same way we still have Mafia and smuggling poor people into the country. When society gets rid of double standards, then you will get rid of terrorism, once for all. Politics and Terrorism are both sides of the same coin - I think.

16. Biggles Custos morum Registered Senior Member

Well said!

17. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

War and terrorism exist only because there are some who want their ideas to dominate over another group. When the second group does not submit then a war results with each needing to defend their own way of life.

The long-term solution is for all to agree on a common set of goals and ideals.

One way to achieve this is for one powerful group to destroy all the opposition. For example if Christianity was able to take control of the US government and Islamic based terrorism dramatically increased then I could envision a scenario where Christians would nuke the Islamic world to protect their own extremist way of life. Unlikely you think, well they tried it once before in the crusades and we ended up with a group of united Islamic nations more powerful than ever.

The dispute between soviet communism and capitalism generated a great deal of fear but eventually dissolved and now the Russians are becoming increasing supportive of the west. As democracy and capitalism spread across the world then we will find ourselves increasingly bound by common goals and ideals. Free enterprise and trade would then dominate instead, with every group standing to lose too much to risk war.

If there is a more equitable and even distribution of wealth in the world then there would be little reason for any single group to object to another, essentially there would be only one group – a world civilization and a single governmental system. Utopia perhaps, yes but that should be our target no matter how difficult the path.

The greatest obstacle at the moment is the Islamic world, where religion and politics is the same thing. We saw this failed partnership in the past where Christianity dominated the political power in the world. Under such regimes prosperity, personal freedoms and knowledge are severely stifled. This in turn prevents human progress. The founding fathers of the USA could see these dangers very clearly and did their best to ensure the two powers of religion and government were not the same. Once the power of Islam is broken and true democracy and personal freedoms are introduced then we stand a good chance of removing war and terrorism in the world.

This will take some time but hopefully, like Christianity the political power of Islam will fade into the same level of impotency. Once the political power of such religions are chained and suitably shackled then a rational secular world will result where war and terrorism will be seen as irrational and stupid.

Cris

18. Neb Registered Senior Member

"Compassion does away with the distinctions between self and other,when one see's the illusionary nature of man, true compassion arises."

19. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Well said, Neb!

Whas that a quote from someone?

20. Neb Registered Senior Member

Yeah its a Buddist Qoute, i'm not sure where in there religon its from but I really like the ideals of their religon so i'm glad I found it.