Wingspan required for flight.

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Icarus, Nov 20, 2010.

1. joeflo Registered Member

icarus dont give up. im thinking in ur direction too, but im going more along the lines of a "suit" [supported over the chest] with a small fuel generator to make electricity for; a) the spark plug and b) the motors that move the wings.

but, instead of just solid ( so to speak) wings ive been studying and researching birds, their wings, and their flight. my wing suit design has joints and artificial feathers which are controled (flapped) by gloves and parts along the arm (the elbow, wrist and shoulders) along with the fingers that have switches that send the electricity to the motors.

i started my plans, designs, research etc. at the end of my 9th grade year, now im in the middle of my 11th grade year. the more and more i work on this the clearer its getting, i havent made any models yet ( due to my lack of tools and machinery) but while im in college me and a few of my buds, and hopefully some new ones along the way, will be working on getting a working prototype made.

if you wanna hear more on this message me. dont quit, no matter what you may hear from people, u finish what u started even if its only in your head so far. as for history, just because something hasnt worked in the past dont mean it wont work in the present, weve changed a whole lot since the early ornithopter days (think i spelled that right). hope to hear from you soon

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.