Winston vs Attenborough "judgement day"

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Dr Lou Natic, Nov 12, 2003.

?

Which did a better job of documenting human evolution?

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 6:28 AM.
  1. The entire series "walking with cavemen"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The final episode of the series "the life of mammals"

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Which do you think was more informative on the subject of human evolution, the entire series of Robert Winston's "walking with cavemen" or the final episode of David Attenborough's "the life of mammals" ?

I think its a landslide in favour of attenborough, which is quite sad when you consider that in an hour attenborough taught us more about human evolution than winston did in however many episodes of a series completely dedicated to the subject.
    Have you seen both of these series and would you agree?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I can't remember Robert winstons series, but the last episode of life of mammals was really impressive. I don't know what we can learn from it, but I fondly remember the sequence about man as a endurance hunter.

In the end we all have our own vision on the future of mankind. I am not under the assumption that the human species suddenly becomes 'smart' and starts doing some long term planning. Our brains are not made for that. Something is probably bound to happen sooner or later. The lack of fossil fuels might be the first 'disaster', although it might be a blessing in disguise.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.