Wire Tapping a Political Opponent.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bowser, Mar 5, 2017.

1. geordief Valued Senior Member

Is Trump (or his cronies) hoping to manouver the CIA to take his side against his opponents? Is Obama just being used for this purpose ?

He has gone quiet since this accusation. Are there threats being made in the background to the cohort of the CIA and an ongoing attempt to learn what information they have on him and his political associates?

Was this accusation perhaps part of a campaign to flush out elements of the CIA that he believes are his enemy?

Obama perhaps has good standing/support in the CIA on account of getting rid of OBL.

EDIT: Mensch seems to be claiming that journalists are being intimidated

https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/839079900111900672

"I was middle out ** attacked. That means Russian hackers are or were physically near my house"

Plus "Learned fm very reliable IC sources that Trump WH, w/help fm Russian intel, is targeting US journalists. Rough road ahead. Get ready, peeps" -from the same feed

https://twitter.com/20committee

**"middle out" apparently should be "man in the middle" (technicaleze)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

My god say the truth and look at the trumpettes come out of the woodwork in the comments:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

The right wing is losing it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

It occurs to me that for people who are allegedly dispaying some manner of confidence, these behave as if they feel tremendously insecure.

There comes a point at which I joke that American conservatives are the reason chatbots can so easily fool humans. It would be quite the day when the difference between one and the other starts chalking up merit in Wellwisher's column, but compared to KarenMansker and a couple others we might note a pretense of at least putting some effort into the act of typing.

But you know how there are various superstitions about online demographics? I mean, the one thing is that online polls are unreliable, and as self-reported data, even if you could guarantee one person one vote, it's still unreliable. And I think in this case back to the nineties, the first time I remember seeing an online poll result in a television show; Bill Maher went to commercial on ABC with an internet poll, and reminded upon return from intermission that, well, it's an internet poll and cannot be taken to represent pretty much anything because who the hell answers internet polls. There is a certain degree to which his point holds true today. That, though, is the other thing; over the years I would have agreed that the "Republicans" and "conservatives" I met online were not a proper representation of the larger movement. The Wrap↱ recently had a few minutes with Rachel Maddow, resulting in this short paragraph near the end of their report:

Maddow explained that people seeking right-leaning opinion content are "not the majority of the country but a huge, consolidated chunk of the universe of people who are watching cable TV at any one time."

It is a very similar idea.

Thus, what if it's not so much that the conservative dunces I've known over the years in online settings are representative of conservatives in general or not, but, rather, a bloc to be compared to conservatives actively participating in the political discourse?

Yet squeaky wheels and grease; whine and cheese; &c., ad nauseam.

It seems nearly (ahem!) natural that the conservative political market should respond to its participation.

The election of Donald Trump marks, among other things, the arrival of internet culture as culture proper. Even Pence, in his debate performance, presented a form sounding like arguments I've heard here at Sciforums over the years.

Rather than dealing with the actual results of the Donald Trump presidency, his supporters are acting like internet trolls.

At this point, all the conservatives are doing is trying to disrupt the discussion; it's pretty much all they have left.

Notes:

Flood, Brian. "Rachel Maddow on How She Doubled Viewership Under Trump: 'I Stopped Covering the Twitter Feed'". The Wrap. 3 March 2017. TheWrap.com. 7 March 2017. http://bit.ly/2lAukoy

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

This morning Trump tweeted:

“122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield. Just another terrible decision!”

To bad it is false. 113 of those 122 people were released by a republican POTUS not Obama.

Doesn't matter, half the US citizens will file away another Trump lie as the truth. What a mess this country is becoming...

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

The HUD secretary recently was giving a speech in which he refered to the Africans kidnapped to be slaves as 'immigrants'. Later in the speech he stated that he could put an electrode into your brain and 'zap' you so that you could recall word for word a novel that you had read 40 years ago. That is false, but so what? The trouble is the damn liberals in this country continue to rant and rave that the difference between truth and lies is some big deal. Our President has freed our minds so that we do not have to determine if something is true or false it is just not relevent!
    Trump has said that he had a health care plan that will cover everybody not to mention it will be better and cheaper than the ACA. That is some great news! But you just watch, I bet the liberals will start complaining when it covers less people, is not as comprehensive and more expensive than the ACA. They will again show their preoccupation with the truth VS fiction.
    It is a new world; fact or fiction - irrelevent!

exchemist and spidergoat like this.
  10. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

I know - hard to believe but true. Or is it? Wait, I'm so confused now...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Oystein Registered Senior Member

Carson is a wacko, which makes him perfect for the Trump administration. He also has some very weird religious and archaeological ideas -- like the pyramids were used to store grain by David (from the bible). Sure.

12. geordief Valued Senior Member

He is making Trump seem plausible. Deflector Shield at the ready Scotty

exchemist likes this.
  13. Oystein Registered Senior Member

origin likes this.
  14. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

So . . . . I guess it may be a "word" . . . . kind of . . . . best that you really get a life, however . . . .perhaps you were oft assinated in your youth? (HAHA!):

assination
    to extensively abuse one with the bare ass of the assailant, therefore causing the victim to endure the true effect of incomprehensible disrespect
    A mega assination took place when Nick's entire ass engulfed the whole face of the unsuspecting Matt.

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yep, losing it.

I suspect it's due to continually trying to support a pathologic liar. That's going to get to anyone after a while.

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Can you imagine the stress of the Trump surrogates waking up every morning? "Ok..what steaming fresh bullshit from Trump am I going to have justify today?"

joepistole likes this.
  17. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

Not sure where to place this, as there are a million Trump threads, so I’ll just toss this out here:

What is/was the appeal of this guy?

I’ve honestly never understood this. One might think he’s a successful businessman, but a modicum of “research,” i.e., a simple google search, will reveal that he’s little more than a shady slumlord who has routinely bilked contractors and he’s a mediocre businessman, at best. He has never really formulated any real plans, other than “build a wall.” As far as “telling it like it is,” he consistently contradicts himself—which is kinda the antithesis of “telling it like it is.” As far as being a “man of the people” and a Washigton outsider, how the fuck can a born-rich billionaire with a Hollywood (SAG) pension be a “man of the people” and an outsider?

On top of all this, he’s a xenophobic racist, a sexual assailant and misogynist, and does not come across as terribly informed or knowledgeable about, well, anything.

Personally, I can’t see how anyone would find anything admirable about the person described in the former paragraph, but I can see how some, erm, unsavory sorts might appreciate an overtly racist, rapist simpleton. If there’s something I’m missing here, I would greatly appreciate it were a Trump supporter to clue me in.

Kristoffer likes this.
  18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Is it cheating to predict the outcome?

19. billvon Valued Senior Member

He's a republican, so republicans can say "we won, you lost."

20. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

You have described the Trump supporter almost perfectly... that is why he has so much appeal. He is indeed a man of the people....a man that offers nothing more that the septic tank he and his ilk are stuck in.

21. Oystein Registered Senior Member

22. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

Went up to New York, saw Superman flyin',
    They said it was The Donald, so I knew they weren't lyin . . .

Heard he took a walk, across the Potomac,
    It isn't hard to see that shit when you be smokin' crack.

23. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Add a funky bass line and a decent not too computery drum beat and you got the sketch for a rap song.