Wire Tapping a Political Opponent.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bowser, Mar 5, 2017.

1. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

Ride the free rap train, get my licks where I can,
    Ain't never gonna be yo' African American.

I got no intentions, what's the use, cain't bitch or gripe,
    Fuck muthafucka, pass that muthafuckin' pipe.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oystein Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

There's an alternate one of those floating about:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oystein Registered Senior Member

Actually, I've seen at least a dozen memes that use that same picture. Then internet is rich in crap.

8. geordief Valued Senior Member

The story now seems to be there is (no longer) a claim of investigation but that the claim of wiretapping has not been explicitly disavowed.

What to make of this? Is someone or some people deliberately winding up the Trump entourage knowing how they will react to any hint of a story ?

Or do they think this is some kind of an unauthorised eavesdropping? Is that why Watergate has been mentioned by them?

Can Trump not rely upon the CIA to get to the bottom of its activities ?(or feels this)

Are we going to see a night of the long knives in the CIA ? USA the new Turkey?

Is Trump refusing /unable to learn his new lines? Is "sorry" the hardest word ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/08/us/politics/white-house-trump-wiretap-obama.html?_r=1

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well, they cannot have it both ways. Trump is either the subject of a criminal investigation or he isn't.

They said the FBI had a FISAL warrant and that's only issued when a criminal investigation is underway.

It's interesting to note that before they issued the denial, they asserted Trump was the subject of a criminal investigation.

In making this absurd assertion, they unwittingly implicated Trump in a criminal investigation.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  10. geordief Valued Senior Member

Is there as grey area in that there may be an investigation against (foreign) individuals and that got people in Trump Tower's conversations recorded "indirectly" ?

Also might Trump's people be back tracking on advice from the people actually involved in the investigation under pain of obstructing the cause of justice if they say (or repeat) any more?

Would that be impeachable in itself?

Perhaps this will all end up with Trump being the hero who saved USA from a nasty cabal working against great dude Putin in the Gremlin

EDIT passing interest?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/n...uilty-dark-web-money-laundering-a7606686.html
    One of Trump's buddy's top aides sentenced to 8 months for drug money laundering on the dark web....(only according to the Mainstream Media ,of course

)

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I think the more likely issue is Trump's reliance on fake news. He sees something in the fake news, and he believes it. Trump's not a thinker. He doesn't think, and that has repeatedly gotten him in trouble throughout his life. Trump's people could well be found guilty of obstruction. But at this point, I don't see any evidence of obstruction. What I do see is evidence of collusion with Russian intelligence operatives. At this point there is no "smoking gun", but there it's pretty damn smokey. His associates certainly went to extremes to cover up their many Russian associations.

Flynn, Trump's former national security adviser's conversation with the Russian ambassador were recorded as part of the ongoing surveillance of the ambassador. I wouldn't be surprised if more Trump associates were similarly recorded. But that's not the issue here. The issue is whether Trump's phones in Trump Tower were tapped, and there is no evidence of that. I expect this will be quickly resolved. Trump asked congress to get involved, and I expect it will. Congress will request evidence from the Trump administration. Then Trump will need to produce the evidence, and it has none. At that point the administration will need to explain why it doesn't have any evidence. I look forward to seeing how Trump responds to the congressional subpoena.

It's difficult to say what is impeachable, because an impeachment offense is whatever Congress says it is. How much will it take for House Republicans to impeach Trump remains to be seen.

Yeah, Trump has a lot of associations with unsavvory characters around the globe, and I expect we will learn more and more about them as time rolls on. There is evidence which shows Trump may have violated the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

12. Oystein Registered Senior Member

Not only that but he has violated the President of the US Must Have Some Decency Act.

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

And then there are his problems with the emollients clause of the Constitution. I suspect that when or if Trump's tax returns are made public, it will be the end of Trump's presidency.

While Trump has many friends in the House, he has some Republican enemies in the Senate.

Magical Realist likes this.
  14. Oystein Registered Senior Member

Yes but . . .

15. Oystein Registered Senior Member

Well, it's out now:

Trump didn't mean "wiretapping" when he said "wiretapping".
    He didn't mean "Obama" when he said "Obama".
    And he didn't mean "Trump Towers" when he said "Trump Towers."

joepistole likes this.
  16. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Ok... Trump didnt mean "wiretapping" he ment he was bein survaled... an he didnt mean Obama... he ment Obamas people.!!!
    So Spicer explained Trumps tweets an changed some words but the accusation that Obama illegaly survaled him still stands... an he didnt answr as to what Trumps evidence is.!!!

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

Well, not really. Spicer can't come out and say "don't listen to Trump when he tweets ridiculous stuff" because then he would be fired. So he comes as close to that as he can.

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It's funny how that works. Trumper's minions are out there trying to "fuzz-up" reality again. It's an ongoing thing with the Trumper. Trump said what he said, plain and simple. Trumper's minions will have their hands full in the coming days. There is the Trumper-Russian investigation and his Trumpcare plan which doesn't do what he has promised it would do, and then there are all his many conflicts of interests. There just isn't enough bandwidth to broadcast all of his many scandals.

19. Oystein Registered Senior Member

Trump is a pathological liar. He proves that in a major way every couple of weeks. Let's face it, we have a dick for president.

Magical Realist likes this.
  20. geordief Valued Senior Member

Amazing that anyone can take this clarification seriously -that it even gets reported. That Spicer didn't gag on his words.

Banana Republic is too grandiose a description of the USA's predicament.

Is this the aim ,to devalue words and meanings to the extent that the press loses the will to hold him to account for fear of giving this nonsense credibility?

Imbecility is the new normal?

21. Oystein Registered Senior Member

joepistole likes this.
  22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

And remember: Kelly Ann Conway isn't Inspector Gadget.

23. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Trump mental health issues have raised their ugly head once again. His administration is scrambling to hide his paranoid impulsive actions yet again... How many times must we witness this cycle of craziness before congress/cabinet says "Enough"?
    Trump knows his tweet about Obama was out of his control due to his illness and as usual in these sorts of cases he can not possibly admit he had lost control as that would be a self-admission of a serious mental health problem. ( and probably force him to voluntarily step down a POTUS)
    He, himself , has no idea when the problem will surface again... could be any time and involve anything...