Wire Tapping a Political Opponent.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bowser, Mar 5, 2017.

1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

This is all standard for the Bigman of a banana republic. It's one of the standard ways those guys roll, and has been for as far back as there have been banana republics:

" If I say Solomon
    will be Minister of External Affairs
    and you don't like it?
    Get to Hell out of here!"

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. geordief Valued Senior Member

Others can also play his game if Trump is seen to prosper For instance a Mexican leader could be tempted to reply in kind and use racist epithets against US political figures (or their own opponents) so long as they have a spin doctor who says that is not quite what they really meant. Every one can have two or more bites at the cherry just to see how opponents react.

Gravitas can go into hibernation as surplus to requirements.

How do we know that Trump is not using his own disability as a way of kite flying? (do we see him learning any lessons from any or each of his faux pas ? )

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Congress has given the DOJ another week to present evidence of Trump's claim that Obama wiretapped his phone. I guess they're having trouble pulling it out of Trump's ass.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

Kinda funny how some born rich, racist, rapist piece-of-shit--and a private citizen, at the time--could make demands upon a President to provide a birth certificate, repeatedly, and yet again, even after such documentation was provided; while Congress gives said piece-of-shit all the time in the world--you know that extra week is gonna turn into a month, and then a year, and so forth--to provide non-existent evidence for his libelous and idiotic claim.

Magical Realist likes this.
  8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I've got a few bridges I want to sell you comrade.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Then again Parmalee, he just may be a stupid as he acts. He read it on an right wing website and he believes it. I don't know if the guy is pure evil or just as stupid as he acts or some combination thereof. I think it's probably a combination of evilness and stupidity.

As you point out, Trump is stalling and his spokespeople are trying to walk his declaration back...fuzzy it up a bit.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

Trump in 2016:
    =============
    Donald Trump said on Friday he plans to change libel laws in the United States so that he can have an easier time suing news organizations. ...

"One of the things I'm going to do if I win, and I hope we do and we're certainly leading. I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money.”
    =============

Today:
    =============
    U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions today said that he never gave President Trump any reason to believe the Obama administration had wiretapped Trump Tower.
    . . . .
    The Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, who has been one of the few defenders of Trump's claims, made clear on Tuesday that there is zero evidence to suggest Trump Tower was wiretapped.

“I don't think there was an actual tap of Trump Tower,” Nunes said. He added that if you are taking Trump's tweets literally — which he said you shouldn't do — then “clearly the president was wrong.”
    ==============

So can Obama sue Trump for lots of money under Trump's looser libel laws?

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Trump never passed a law.

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The irony here is that Trump would be the biggest victim. Trump has slandered more people than he can count.

13. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

The man said "Baby, you can drive my car,
    You gonna go far, gonna be a great big star.

Gonna be back in the U.S.S.R".

Couldn't go gettin' no buyer remorse,
    Then he have to invoke that no-returns clause,
    Says: "This is your Haitian Divorce".

14. Oystein Registered Senior Member

After this stinkburger of a lie has been fully debunked, I think Trump owes Obama an apology. In one of those four now famous tweets Trump called Obama a "Bad (or sick) guy!" Do I think Trump will offer up an apology? Of course he won't. He never apologized for the lies he told about his "birther" investigation in Hawaii.

The infamous tweet: "How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!"

15. sculptor Valued Senior Member

So, now, Trump and Merkel do have something in common.

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Except they don't. Trump's phone was never bugged.

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

GOP. The "G" is for "Gullible".

Never used to be. One of the real tragedies of American politics since Nixon has been the erosion of adult competence, mental maturity, grown up thinking, among American conservatives. Whatever else one could object to about last generation Republicans, they used to be adult men and women.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  18. Oystein Registered Senior Member

joepistole likes this.
  19. sculptor Valued Senior Member

And you know this to be a fact because............?

With cellphones and cordless phones, you don't actually have to "bug" the phone, just lock in the frequency and listen = no evidence...............unless some dumb agent actually kept a log of the conversations.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Because after investigating Congress has found no evidence of same, and Trump has been unable to produce any evidence of same. Now if you can produce the evidence, I'm sure Trump would love to see it. The fact is that neither you nor Trump can substantiate his claim that his phones were bugged. Nor is there any evidence his microwave oven or his TV was bugged.

21. sculptor Valued Senior Member

OK
    Let's look at the evidence that Angela merkel's phone was bugged.

22. Oystein Registered Senior Member

I liked the way Angela Merkel gave Trump those sidelong glances during the televised press meetings. You could almost see her thinking, "You are one weird mama jama. WTF is going on in America these days?"

23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The NSA had a record of her private number, kept in a file with other phone numbers known to have been surveillance targets. The Obama administration refused to deny the accusation of NSA surveillance. Some subsidiary evidence suggest surveillance took place, and was known to Obama.

That was shorthanded to "Obama tapped her phone".

If the NSA was tapping a phone Trump was calling, or the FBI was tapping Trump's phone, the question becomes why and how - and for how long. Trump has been setting himself up to run for President since 2012, and presumably making deals with foreign interests with that in mind.

If Trump wants to know, he could always ask - he is the President.