Wisdom

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by wesmorris, Dec 28, 2002.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Cris,

Changing... I don't know... I really don't...
    In the 60s, when the desarmament movement begun, people also said that things were changing... certainly they said that!

And... no, I don't agree that is religion. i would say that those wars are about money and power. They all begin with one person in power, that wants to have more and more power and money. Religion is just one excuse that is many times used. Not much different then "mentally unstable" excuses in court judgements...

Bush is not a Christian, he is a moron. He doesn't know the most important Law: "Love one another" (yeah, yeah... I wlready said that before...). Love is greater then tolerance. Tolerance is "I don't go against you, and you don't come against me, but I still think you have a stupid opinion." Love is "I respect your opinion and I like you since you help making this world much more interesting by being different then me. Your different skills even help me for my survival. Thanks. "

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I won't become an atheist, but perhaps I'm going to do something different then I'm doing now. I'm thinking of having no opinion at all and tnot searching for the Truth. It seems that as much I search for it, as far away it seems to get. So I'm probably stoping having any opinion whatsoever (I just don't know how to do that!!

)...

spookz,

I know you didn't intend to offend me. Why do you think I asked you to be more creative...?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

What a little prick.

Let's all ensure we go out of our way not to dissapoint T. It's important. You know, he's not afraid to use the bugeye. It's true!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Nelson,

I enjoy/respect your tenacity, if perhaps not your ideas. I will not offer advice, as I think a very important aspect of discovery is making ones own choices on how to proceed. If you take someone else’s ideas then that dilutes the whole process and the outcome is less satisfying.

You’ve changed quite a bit compared to when you first started here. That gives me great hope that you will continue to grow.

Take care and have fun with whatever you choose next.

Best regards
    Cris

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

spookz, wes,

Personal abuse is very unsubtle and unimaginative and I think unnecessary. You can still show respect and have strong opposing arguments.

8. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry Cris, but I've lost all respect. I think he's a little bitch and somebody needs to make sure he knows it such that someday he might gain from it. One cannot change until one realizes one has a problem. Oh, and I'm not Ghandi either. I'm not a pacifist. I'm a don't hit first guy, and "words can't hurt me guy". Try to take my life, harm someone in my presence, or take away a substantial amount of what I term "freedom"... and I'll fuck you up (if I'm able). He is an intelligent kid with a lot of potential, but if he fails to realize he is a little bitch, he is a detriment to society, where he might have been an attribute. It is in that interest that I'm an ass.

I'm a noble bastard, dude. I swear.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2003
  9. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Oh, I know it is more civilized to "turn the other cheek" or whatever, but when someone makes a post which contains the following:

now mind you, he was NOT being sarcastic. I therefore assume "goddamn prick" and I don't know how to come to any other conclusion. Childish is probably a more civil way to say it, but I don't have the patience and "goddamn prick" is much more amusing to me. He is old enough to take responsibility for his attitude.

10. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Personally I think Truthseeker is almost on a good path. The world would be a much better place if people would put all the energy they devote to war and greed into love instead. He just needs to stop reading scripture and concentrate on that main idea and how to achieve it.

11. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

*Foresees that one coming back to haunt him.*

12. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Sure, the world would be better if everyone were in love. Well, probably I guess, it would likely be more pleasant at least. Regardless, I've seen little to demostrate that Truthseeker's path is more than intellectually stunted megalomania.
    I don't know if that would help. I would say the best beginning would be a short term failure as cause to mentally regroup, re-evaluating himself and starting over, this time attempting to make sense. It would likely be a fruitfull endeavor, because he is obviously intelligent, just tragically mislead at this time... and tragically close to never returning to reason.

13. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

And hey, why doesn't anyone get into name-calling anymore?

I thought words could never hurt us? Oh, and when the jackwad cuts you off in traffic, you don't call him a jackwad? Right. You're repressed.

Hehe.. kidding. Anyway. I called him stuff cuz I believe my descriptions to be accurate. I admit I'm a jackass too, so enough said. If you need me to ignore his posts so as not to offend anyone, I'll do it. Otherwise I have to speak my mind. Sometimes, the mind isn't pretty.

14. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

The more that one appears to be wrong then the greater the need to be patient and explain the errors even more carefully. You might never be thanked and most people will never admit they are wrong. But you can be content that you have held yourself out of the gutter and may have done some good.

The name calling tactic tends to spiral downwards like a destructive feedback loop. The result is either dubious or just bad.

15. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

wes,

Don't beat yourself over it. Enough said.

16. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

You forgot entertainment value. Sometimes the result is entertainment. Maybe a little morbid, but entertainment.. you gotta like it.

17. spookz Banned Banned

bah
    nobody appreciates my humor

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

wesmorris,

I was just playing with him, oh my!...:bugeye:

Adam,

I do concentrate on the idea. And in fact, when I read the Bible I always read it in the light of "Love one another"....

19. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Bugeyed once again. :m: I'm calmer now, and it did not seem like you were playing, it seemed like your usual unwarrented condescending attitude to me. It that was not true I apologize.