Wondering if there's a way to increase my weight

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Semon, May 2, 2004.

1. Semon Howdy, hi and hello. Registered Senior Member

My BMI is just slightly above 14. It doesn't seem healthy at all. I eat very much still don't help the problem.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

BMI? What's that? I only have 6% body fat, and compare that to my height, I'm vastly underweight. But recently I have been gaining some.

Here's what I have been doing. I hope this helps.

I'm aiming to get fit for something (RAF) so I am cutting out all motorized transportation, I am walking everywhere. I mean everywhere. Even if it's 30 miles away! I am eating whatever I feel like at the time, be it healthy or unhealthy. I've heard that pasta helps raise your body weight to it's adequate level.

So basically, exercise lots and eat lots. It's working for me. I'm now 10.5 stone. Three months ago I was only 9.5 stone. And I'm 6ft 2!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Just go for it, you know you wanna!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Semon Howdy, hi and hello. Registered Senior Member

Body Mass Index. How can u count your body fat %?
    If only I have such a long path to walk. I am going to eat everthing in front of my eyes!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I have these cool scales that does it all for you. You have to exercise as well as eat!

8. shmoe Registred User Registered Senior Member

Cardio exercises like walking, jogging, stairclimbing etc. aren't going to add much mass unless you are seriously undermuscled and inactive. Instead, lift weights.

Eat more. What you consider "very much" food might not be that much, so keep careful track of how many calories you are taking in during a day. If you aren't gaining weight, up the intake.

9. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Wow, I´ve got a BMI of 17.2 and I am pretty thin. (Just about 2.02 meter and have got about 70 kilos) Anyway, I have been gaining weight with training, like lifting weights and so on. I do not put on weight very fast, but at least it stays.

10. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Semen:
    *places Shiniqua's dried up vagina in front of your eyes*

Eat.

Last edited: May 3, 2004
  11. Semon Howdy, hi and hello. Registered Senior Member

Digesting....(10%)

(what is Shiniqua?)

12. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

"(what is Shiniqua?) "

The chick's name, and she's black.

13. Semon Howdy, hi and hello. Registered Senior Member

Vommiting......90%finished

14. Semon Howdy, hi and hello. Registered Senior Member

Good advice

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

all you guys here quite tall. I had never see any 2m man on the street.

15. CarrotCake Registered Member

Eat fat= get fat... wow seriously ???? I had no idea doesnt take a genius to figure that one out

16. CarrotCake Registered Member

Oh, and a 14% BMI is perfectly healthy too.

17. CarrotCake Registered Member

Oh, and a 14% BMI is perfectly healthy too.

You really don't need to raise it anymore.

18. orange Registered Senior Member

Eat alot and lift weights. That's the key! The best thing is you don't have to worry about the amount of fat in what you eat, the important thing is that you eat as much as you can, specially after you've worked out. Good luck.

19. orange Registered Senior Member

This is not entirely true. A low BMI may be desirable if you're an athlete, but it lowers your immunity to desease.

20. phlogistician Banned Banned

Low BMI also equals low stamina. You need some fat reserves.

Walking will lower the amount of muscle you carry, as your body will adapt to do what you want it to do, with minimum energy use, so carrying muscle it doesn't need is pointless. To gain weight, you have to lift weights, eat lots of protein, and keep an eye an fats and carbs. You need both if you are going to be exercising.

21. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

I need to gain fat, in a healthy way and in a healthy amount. Any advice? I eat plenty, I devour such huge plates with such juicy content people don't know where it all goes, but my metabolism is fast and I work out regularly. Is there any healthy food that is also full of fat?

22. orange Registered Senior Member

What kind of work out? If you are already lifting weights, eat more. Check out weightgainers, it works. If you're doing cardio, try combining it with a few days / week of pumping iron as well. GL!

23. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

whitewolf, it sounds like you might have a hyperthyroid. you should probably see an endo.
    healthy foods with fat: nuts, seeds, avocados, olives. eat them with carbs to keep from burning away.