Banana
Dresser
Grammar
Potato
Revive
Uneven
Assess

Yes,
like all the words are all written in post one of this thread; or they all begin with capital letters.

But not the answer i have written down.

The first letter when moved to the end of the word, spells the word backwards. My real question is what is that called?
I'm not sure it has a name. How many words like that are there, and how long did it take somebody to notice them?

Palin-drome is just the Greek equivalent of Latin re-current: "running back." So maybe these are pseudopalindromes.

What do these words have in common?
(Credit Countdown)

Banana
Dresser
Grammar
Potato
Revive
Uneven
Assess

While eating a french fried potato, I slipped on a banana peel on uneven pavement and before I could assess the situation and be revived to my senses, I blurted out an expletive in improper grammar after hitting my head on the dresser.

Isn't English one of relatively few languages where "true" (letter-by-letter) palindromes are even possible? In Russian it is all but impossible to write a sentence which spells same backward and forward, because endings of Russian verbs and adjectives are very asymmetrical, and their reverses simply do not exist in that language, even on word boundaries. When a Russian says "palindrome" he usually means word-to-word palindrome -- a sentence or a paragraph with same word order forward and backward. I don't think true palindromes are possible in French either, for the same reason.

Inside the dresser there was a banana that was unevenly shaped like a potato. After eating the fruit I slipped into a coma, the doctor assesed that I had to be revived: I awoke with poor grammar.

Back