World Balances

Discussion in 'World Events' started by WANDERER, Mar 15, 2005.

1. WANDERER Banned Banned

These are interesting times.

The rearrangement of alliances and the massive changes being attempted are the result of the US’s need to consolidate its power around the world and a way of finding leverage against the up-and-coming threats that it may face in this century.

The Chinese phenomenon and its growing reliance on fossil fuels, as well as the gestating European Union and its dependence on imported fossil fuels makes the current events in the middle-east and the risks involved therein for the US, more understandable.

But the greatest threat to US power is the absence of a viable adversary that would justify a presence, military intervention and a hungry internal military-industrial complex.
    This is where Islamic fundamentalism and their resistance to Americanization come in as a handy proxy satanic entity, against which America can display its strength and its righteousness.

The US may complain about being burdened with the defence of western civilization but what it is really complaining about is the lack of support from its old allies when it looks after its own interests around the world.
    The US bitches about how Europe isn’t pulling its weight in defence spending but then tries to prevent European militarization that does not fall under the umbrella of a NATO alliance that it controls and has a veto within.

Europeans are thought of, more and more, as adversaries rather than allies and this trend forces the need for the US to find other sources of support and other ways of getting its way.

The most viable global challenge to US world domination seems to be China and its vast potential.
    But China has historically, never been a nation of hard power; exuding its power more due to sheer mass and soft power than military intervention and threat.
    But past behaviour doesn’t always predict future behaviour and the growing westernization of China might bring with it a more aggressive world view.

Another challenger might be a more cohesive Europe with its own army and with a single foreign affairs office.
    But that seems like it’s a long way off and constantly disrupted by US influence and pressures.

And then there’s Russia, now wounded but trying to regain its past glory by warming up to both China and Europe, while it tries to keep US influence at a distance.

What do you think?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

No America is trying to stave off its inevitable economic retreat from the European Union which is becomoing the centre of global finance.
    America is having to loot its own welfare chest to now pay for the war in the mideast . America could in no way afford another arms race .
    What a pile of American paranoid class A shit .
    No the European union sees America as an annoying has been interfering with their turf .
    China a nation which doesnt weven possess an Aircraft Carrier and relies totally on imports of foreign military technology is Americas threat . I dont know mate but you really ought to think before you write .
    Funny Europe doesnt pay any attention to America as evidenced by their involement with Iran and Syria .
    I think you should stop believing what your US propaganda media tells you .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Raven Registered Senior Member

I don't really think that it matters very much as very little will change so long as there's a mentally bankrupt wannabe cowboy as president of the USA (excessive pointless war and stupidity is forcast in the future). The only thing that may change things is the conflict between Taiwan and China. Even then it will only cause great change if other countries take sides and join the conflict. As for the USA whining about not having the old allies, perhaps if they wouldn't play cops and robbers with the "Axis of Evil" and go inventing reasons to pick a fight with weaker countries that are little threat(if any) they would be better respected and liked.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. WANDERER Banned Banned

Brian Foley
    And yet…so true.

And you really must decide whether to shut up or speak your stupidity before you open your mouth.

Are you taking current circumstances as evidence for future ones, moron?

Yea funny Ha…ha….ha.
    But the US does pay attention to Europe.

My dear goofyfish, if you have something to say, say it directly by posting instead of using what tiny power you feel as moderator to push your personal stupidity around.

I guess if I didn't have a life I would volunteer to moderate another's forum and post innane editing comments where nobody asked for them, as well.

I leave your editing as evidence of how dense you are.

For the life of me, I've watched you post and can't find one reason which would qualify you as a moderator, except for the infinite time you are willing to spend here and the hardon you get doing it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

And big businesses just keep getting bigger with more and more power. They will be the downfall of the worlds economy for once they become omnipotent they will just keep raising prices on everything until no one but them have anything.

9. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Have you taken an Economy class in your life? You can't raise prices higher than people are willing to pay for them. Ever. And a company is entirely dependent on keeping the business of its consumers. Poor people aren't very good consumers.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

If your paycheck rises at a rate of 2 percent per year but the economy grows at a 4 percent rate, who's going to end up the losers?

11. psikeyhackr Live Long and Suffer Valued Senior Member

This does make one wonder what effect the internet is going to have on the GLOBAL CULTURE WAR.

Make accounting mandatory in school so people concentrate on NET WORTH instead of paychecks.

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I'm sure he was talking about China's rapidly expanding economic power, rather than its increasingly irrelevant military power. With a population soon to be four times the size of ours, it won't be long before China's GDP exceeds our own.

13. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Military power is always the last word. All the money in the world won't save you if someone has a fist and the will to use it... if you are dumb enough not to have an equally sized fist or be the best friend of someone who does.

14. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

When your on an economic leash held by another country you cant strike against them, precisely the type of control china is developing over america.

15. towards Relax...head towards the light Registered Senior Member

"When your on an economic leash held by another country you cant strike against them, precisely the type of control china is developing over america.", Odin'Izm

I think the leash you speak of may be two sided. If the United States stops buying Chinese goods, the Chinese economy will stop expanding. If China stops supplying cash to prop up the dollar and pay for increasing debt, then the U.S. economy will crash. This is why I feel the prospect of war in Taiwan is laughable. Neither nation could afford the consequences...

16. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

Its a only a matter of time before everybody is put back in its place. Russia is recovering, but lets not confuse recovering from licking your wounds. President putin is one of the best thing to happen to Russia in a long time, and as long as they have people like him in power the sky is the limit for them economically. I personally don't think Russia has recovered from its civil turmoil and segregation. Today, we see it still has problems responding and regulating Russian republics in its region. Perharps this is not as detrimental as the communist system they had in place, wish them the best all together. As for Europe, they still have a superiority complex being that they used to dominate the playground years ago. They know, which is true, that Americans are people from Europe who scattered for a better life. Leaving the rest who stayed behind with a strong nationalist mind set. Coupled with their fascinating and impressive history they may feel a bunch of uneducated but rich cowboys are a threat. They love America, but what they really can't stand is the booming economy and currency, which they have isolated with the introduction of the Euro. Depending on what America's potential and motives are we may see an even more united Europe in the forefront. Basically, whatever happens, Europe doesn't want to be missing in the action. What can you say about China, A country with enough people to repopulate the earth, a booming ecomony, and sheer dominance of Asia. Certainly any economy increasing by 8 % each year is worthy of recognition and investment. However this is no news, China dominated the world market hundreds of years ago on seceral occasions as well. It was once a leader in the world free market, but curruption coupled with regressive policies like the "iron rice bowl policy" bursted this free ride. Lets wait and see if its for real this time, and what changes are to come.

"China, there lies a sleeping giant for when it wakes it would shake the world" -- B. Napoleon