World trade centre collapse, 9/11 conspiracy

Discussion in 'Conspiracies' started by someguy1, Nov 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billvon Valued Senior Member

?? As far as I know it did very little. Why?
    Probably true.
    Exactly. That's why it took 25 seconds and not 9 seconds.
    They were slowed down by over a factor of 2.
    So it should be even easier for you to do it. Get cracking, and stop yer bitchin until you get it done!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. psikeyhackr Live Long and Suffer Valued Senior Member

And we can find how the 100,000 tons of steel was distributed in each tower where?

Curious how this "scientific" site manages not to ask obvious questions.

Along with the location of the center of gravity of the tilted top portion of the south tower which the NIST admits tilted at 20-25 degrees.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

This seems contradictory.
    Are you suggesting it was a bona fide disaster, as reported, or are you suggesting it was rigged?

How fast is too fast? What other 110 story towers that suffered catastrophic collapse are you comparing them to?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

In the plans which I am sure you can get. After all, you claimed that any engineering school could do it. Get to it! What are you waiting for?
    Interesting how you are refusing to do the work to answer your own questions. Looks like you are afraid to learn what the results will be.
    Yep. So what?

8. psikeyhackr Live Long and Suffer Valued Senior Member

My opinion is that the entire building should not have collapsed. The falling portion would have to accelerate the stationary mass and destroy the supports for that mass. That would take energy and the only available energy would be the kinetic energy of the falling mass. So why shouldn't modeling it be standard procedure at engineering schools.

The Tacoma Narrows Bridge is a regular.

50 skyscrapers over 1000 feet tall have been constructed since 2001. The steel distribution of skyscrapers should not be difficult for the schools these days compared to bridge aerodynamics. Try finding that distribution data on any skyscraper.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Whether or not it is standard procedure at engineering schools is irrelevant.

Are you claiming that no engineers have modelled the collapse? Because if that's the case then you would be wrong.

10. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I'm not interested in your beliefs. I want to see your calculations.
    See above. It's intellectually dishonest to form a conclusion before the calculations are made or the simulation is done.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

That's great. Everyone has opinions. Some people have opinions that the Earth is flat and that vaccines cause autism, too.
    Correct. And resisting that energy (i.e. a falling dynamic load) is something that the building was never designed for,
    This is the third time you have complained that no one has done the work for you. Do the work or stop complaining about it.

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I think I'm seeing a reason why you're struggling with this; I don't think you have the facts quite right.

The floors pancaked. They didn't destroy the vertical supporting structures; each floor was sheared away from the supporting structures, as they fell, leaving the supports standing with nothing left to support.

Seems like a weakness right? How efficiently the whole building came down so fast? Because it was never meant to deal with this kind of damage.

The amount and type of damage that the upper floors received was simply inconceivable.

Prior to 9/11, there simply was no way that a section of a dozen floors or so could collapse on top of each other, and - along with the undamaged floors above them - form a huge vertical battering ram, that built up both speed and mass as it fell, taking out every floor below it, one by one in quick succession.

There is - quite simply - no precedent.

And that, by the way, is the fuel for so many skeptics. They had literally never seen any such destructive attack before. So they assumed "something" had to bring it down.

In fact, it's simply that the buildings were never meant to withstand such an attack.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    sideshowbob likes this.
  13. psikeyhackr Live Long and Suffer Valued Senior Member

I did not say I had a belief. I said I DO NOT BELIEVE. Now YOU are being intellectually dishonest with semantic games.

Calculations based on what data? I have already stated that we do not have the distribution of mass data on the buildings. That is one of the funny things about this "scientific" site. It is OK for people to BELIEVE aircraft impacts and fire could destroy the buildings without data on said buildings but if I doubt something and want a scientific analysis then I get bombarded with pseudo-intellectual trash.

The NIST reports the "collapse" went from 11 to 25 seconds.

https://www.nist.gov/topics/disaster-failure-studies/faqs-nist-wtc-towers-investigation

If you watch the videos you can see most of the building come down in less than 15 seconds. What remains is referred to as the Spire which is the remains of the core which takes another 10 seconds. So most of the mass is down in less than 15.

Since I had no mass distribution data I wrote a Python program which did calculations on the collisions of 109 floating masses.

http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81888

That old version uses 1/100th of a second intervals. I have one somewhere that uses 1/1000th of a second. Using nothing but the Conservation of Momentum 109 masses hitting one after another takes 12 seconds. But a real collapsing building would have to destroy its supports which would require energy which would have to slow things down.

So how is it you BELIEVERS don't need data and calculations to support your side?

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

psikeyhackr,

Numerous detailed analyses have been done by many experts. Why do you want the people here to start from scratch? Why don't you consult the expert reports?

15. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

You drew a conclusion. Based on what data?

Use that data.

16. billvon Valued Senior Member

So in other words your simple simulations have confirmed the official story. Congratulations! You have done a little research and verified that what we observed is indeed likely.

17. psikeyhackr Live Long and Suffer Valued Senior Member

How you can come to that conclusion I have no idea. My simulations do not take into account the energy required to destroy the supports that held up all of that mass for 25 years. But then no official account even tells us the distribution of mass. So anyone that does not believe in "magic" is stupid, crazy and/or intellectually dishonest.

18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

And well they shouldn't, since the supports were not destroyed.

Here's some still standing, with no floors attached to them:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. psikeyhackr Live Long and Suffer Valued Senior Member

Doubting something is drawing a conclusion?

The bottom stories of a 1300 foot skyscraper must support more weight than the upper stories of a 1300 foot skyscrapers. When it is commonly admitted that the building weighted 400,000 to 500,000 tons. But then I have never seen anyone specify the weight of steel and concrete below ground level. Is that what you call data?

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I've got a couple of boxes of Christmas ornaments stacked in my basement. Each one has 3 or 4 layers - or "floors" - for ornaments. They'll stand up forever - even if I put somethin large and heavy on top - because their vertical walls are designed to withstand vertical weight - as long as the whole structure is intact.

But if I set an small anvil on top of the stack, the anvil will go straight down through the layers, pancaking them all, one by one - without ever touching the walls of the box.

The cardboard box walls do not get crushed from the top down. Instead, when the layers compact, the falling debris pushes outwards on the walls - in the direction they are weakest.

A box - and a building - is designed to withstand a lot of compression from above, but it is not designed to withstand lateral forces very well. The walls of the box easily just fold.

I think it's high time you admit you don't know enough about structural engineering to doubt the experts.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  21. billvon Valued Senior Member

Correct. In your simplified simulation it took ~12 seconds for the collapse. Since you did not include the energy required to destroy the supports, it would have had to take longer than that. It did take longer than that. Theory confirmed. Congratulations.

22. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

In Message #312 you said, 'I don't believe that airliner impacts and fire could have destroyed the buildings and made them come down that fast even if they were "fully fueled".' That looks like conclusion to me.

23. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

We kinda let someone ask obvious questions and lead them to obvious solutions...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.