World War 3?

Discussion in 'History' started by tommo8993, Oct 6, 2009.

1. tommo8993 Registered Member

who do you think world war 3 will involve in my history class 8/20 thought it would be UK+ Russia vs US. i thought maybe UN/NATO vs china and/or north Korea.

what do you think?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

There is always war somewhere. And there is a war now. Which was/is supposed to be the 3rd?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

i cant see another world war happening. most people dont even realize that ww2 was due to one person alone - Hitler. no hitler, no ww2. tbh, i do not see any reason fo ww2, iow's hitler never had to declare war because he had no real reason to. i am certain he was mentally disturbed.

THEN with no ww2 we would not call ww1 ww1. it would have to have a different name so basically i cant see it happening.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

I think North Korea is going to pull the trigger with the backing of China as the sugar Daddy.

8. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I dont think so, I agree that North Koreas gonna do it, but for a completely idiotic reason, I figure that when they do theres a 50% chance that China will aid them, and a 3% chance that Russia will. Think about it, if someone just launched a nuke for whatever reason, pretty much eevryone would hate them and their allies, and Russia smart enough to cut off dead weight, and China may be itnelligent enough not to get involved.

9. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Why would the UK ally with Russia and attack the US?

10. baftan ******* Valued Senior Member

Hopefully, humans will use more science and sense in their interactions and will prevent any form of violence as a mean of getting what they want. The technology which ended the first WW (tanks) was the starting level of WW2. The "possible" WW3 would start with nuclear weapons and even more. However the level of engagement in our times categorizes such a possibility as very unlikely: Everybody knows what everybody else is doing, who is making nukes, who is spending for army. Nobody can "accidentally" trigger an atom bomb. And if anybody does, I am sure every single person on earth will forcefully be taken to labs and their "sense of humour" will be removed out of their brains, and our kind will have to continue to exist as Volcans.
    Now we know that there is no resource left to fight for, nature does not provide a free ride anymore. We have to create harmless type of energy and make sure that everybody else is doing the same thing, for the sake of this fragile planet, we have to look after our spaceship. Any WW3 would not make any sense in terms of handling real obstacles, problems, future issues, or anything else. There is no point to establish colonies, or be the king of the world.

So it's not that "we can not do it"; but it's rather "better not to do it"...

11. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

There is no prospect of a third World War any time in the foreseeable future, so speculation about what parties would be involved in it are necessarily idle.

Although, that said, by definition a world war will involve essentially everyone.

12. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Is this really part of...history? Maybe Free thoughts, or some other place would have been better for this topic.

13. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

lol, war fantasies of kids, that have no real clue of whats going on