Wormholes

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Enigma'07, May 29, 2004.

1. Enigma'07 Who turned out the lights?!?! Registered Senior Member

So, how likely is it that they exists? What kind of curcumstances would dictate were they occur at?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gbz Unaq Registered Member

I don't know to much about wormholes. What I Think wormholes are is a gate through a world between all alternate universes from that world it would be possible to reopen an other portal to any where in any of those universes at any time. By this idea you could travel the same diatance to any place. time and possibility sense there is an alternate universe for every possibility.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enigma'07 Who turned out the lights?!?! Registered Senior Member

So they're just at random places throughout the universe?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gbz Unaq Registered Member

My reply

I think you can make them. You see when you put to plates together they attract and stick together because at that point and time there is escensually zero-space between them do to an anomaly that may be a rift in the space-time continum which by enhancing and enlarging you could (should this be a rift) make the rift bigger into a portal size that a human can walk through and jump on in. Anyhow thats how I get it. I'm not really that experianced in the field so if anyone can correct me if I'm wrong. Then again its all Theoretical Physics so I'm not sure you can be wrong. :bugeye:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  8. eddymrsci Beware of the dark side Registered Senior Member

supposedly yes, wormholes are just tubes of space-time connecting distance regions in the universe. some, like Stephen Hawking, say that it may link to baby universes and could provide possibility of time travel.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

an example would be the assumption that universe is like U-Shaped, and a wormhole would connect between the two sides of the "U" shape, allowing objects to travel a long distance, in a short time.
    some others also say that once you go into a wormhole, you can't come back through it.

9. Enigma'07 Who turned out the lights?!?! Registered Senior Member

Well, what would make it so that you can't go back through it?

10. Gbz Unaq Registered Member

1.) You can't come back through the same wormhole but you came then create another wormhole to come back sence the polarity would need to be reversd and a wormhole can not have 2 polarities.

2.) Why can't you create them?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  11. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

enigma 07, if you want to find out what science thinks of blackholes, whiteholes and wormholes are the this site is good. easy to understand and no bullshit.

http://casa.colorado.edu/~ajsh/schw.shtml

this is the index page so you can pick and choose what to read. the whole lot is worth reading though.

12. Gbz Unaq Registered Member

Hay Boris are you saying that I was saying bullshit?

Well Alpha agrees with me as far as the posssibility of creating wormholes. Although he did say that you'd need to do something to Jupiter.

13. Brandon9000 Registered Senior Member

Could you please cite your source? Wormholes arise as solutions to the equations of General Relativity. In 1916, physicist Ludwig Flamm first realized that they are present in Schwarzschild's solution, and physicist John Archibald Wheeler later coined the term wormhole to describe the phenomenon.