Would you consider this? Passing the Turing Test?

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by WilHolland, Feb 12, 2005.

1. WilHolland Registered Member

Would you consider this? Passing the Test? For over ten years, I have been working on a method of semantic interpretation that applies in any situation. Using this method, I believe that a software program can pass the Turing Test. The book, "How to Design a Universal Artificial Intelligence," is currently online, in its entirety, and I am requesting your review of this work. This is it; this is real; this is a working counterpart program.

<A HREF="http://universalartificialintelligence.com">Website</A> <Br>
    <A HREF="mailto:wilholland@universalartificialintelligence.com ">Email</A>

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Why should anybody bother to review your lengthy paper? When you write the program and have it take the test, publish the results.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Well, I skimmed it, and from what I can tell unless you have a reason for excluding math its just a bunch of pseudoscience that builds itself up like a deck of cards. Your 'theory' will collapse under any real weight.

Take for example this:
    " In the first twenty years of life, a human assimilates information and information-handling functions from elders, so that he or she can begin solving life’s problems on his or her own. "-pg 69

First, an attempt to quantify something that continues to baffle scientists, followed by a semi-legitamite conclusion(think deck of cards). The argument just isn't concrete.

Hate to say it man, but your paper reads like a glamourized run-on sentence.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

"I have been working on a method of semantic interpretation that applies in any situation."

That will never happen for there are to many variables in any given situation.