Wouldn't it be for tyrants Stalin/Mao Would Communism succeed as a noble idea?

Discussion in 'History' started by Scifine, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Scifine Banned Banned

Please summarize it if you can.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Scifine Banned Banned

if so then it is never practical, humanity & authority figures are only natural.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Scifine Banned Banned

Unfortunately, history wise, communism in the classic sense didn't have a chance for any humanity-society to be experienced with.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Scifine Banned Banned

As I said, in practice it was hell on earth, not in ideology.

8. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Draqon:

It isn't cold war propoganda. It is substantiated history, made even more substantiated by the fact that after this "utopic" period, Communism died.

9. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Scifune:

Summary: Communism is a double evil as it not only removes merit (by placing need above earn) but makes merit impossible (by making it self-defeating to be meritorious).

From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs enshrines need above merit which essentially means "steal from the great to support the wretched". This leads to a system where if you are part of the wretched, you benefit far more than if you are part of the great. IN fact, the great will litterally bleed themselves to death trying to support the wretched.

Accordingly, Communism is unabashedly evil.

10. draqon Banned Banned

Prince James...like LOL...I and others cant change you...you got this thing "communism is evil" and will probably die defending this statement...

11. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

The problems of ego-maniac leadership affect all governments. the advantage of democracies or republics is that they at least attempt to keep these assholes in check.

The power-driven egos of Bush, Mao, Stalin and Hitler are all essentially the same. The difference is, Bush is kept in check sometimes or at least slowed down before he can crush his enemies under a tank tread, goose step march people to death camps or starve undesirable nationalities.

None of these men truely believe in the ideology they are in command of. Even Hitler jacked an ideology that served his purpose only because of it's quickness.

It is perhaps as plato said, philosopher kings would be best, even then the benevolent dictator cannot live forever.

Right now consumerism is king...but not forever.

12. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Draqon:

Well Draqon, showing me where I am wrong is a-okay with me.

13. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

A very good point.

A couple of questions. In regards to your statement. Say I was living in China... and I was a "great" person, I could still achieve a status as a wealthy businessman or political leader... and be "great". Do the chinese do Communism different or how does that work?

14. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

China has adopted some meritocratic/capitalist principles of government.

During the Cultural Revolution, intellectuals would be sent to the fields to toil as common labourers and actually held to be inferior to the peasant. This was the ultimate example of "true Communism". Today, you have an okay chance, so long as you tout the party line, to make it a bit better, as the system has significantly shifted.

HOwever, as it remains a Communist government, it can at any time revert to its purest form, and its policies which routinely stiffle greatness (the possibility for great success is low and in most positions working tremendously hard avails you nothing) are Communistic in nature.

Despite significant liberalization, it is not a paradise to say the least, or even a workable system, really.

15. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I don't thnk communism is evil, I just would never be able to be anything better than what I am if I lived in a comunist state. Communism is for people who are satisfied with mediocracy.

16. Scifine Banned Banned

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks that the "naked" comunism idea MIGHT be noble.

17. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Naked Communism is the worse Communism of all. It is based on a whole scale acceptance of the unequivocally evil stance.

Stalinist systems at least provoke people to outright disgust.

18. Scifine Banned Banned

prince james China has adopted what is vital in practical terms to it's economical ambitions, nothing about a change in principal ideology.
    I still await to graps what you meanm by "evil", Is it like facsism that is attempting to be "superior" over other races, creeds or religions?, What is diabolical about the main idea of equality?

19. Scifine Banned Banned

That comminusts Russia, China, or even today's Cuba are all hijacked by tyrants - Mafia type leaders? Old news, As I said, it is the practice in a curruptive matter that made it so, not the idea in itself, which I called "naked" communism.

20. Genji Registered Senior Member

The title of this thread is indecipherable. Must be another kiwi.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Accepted?! Accepted? I'll bet the people being forced off their farms and shipped off to Siberia or the farmers who saw all of their food siezed by the government as they and their families staved to death were so grateful to have been accepted by the benevelent USSR. The millions murdered, tortured, jailed. All so lucky to have been accepted.

22. Genji Registered Senior Member

The Baltic states were tiny little impoverished Euro bantustans absorbed by a superpower and dragged into the 20th century. BTW Latvia is majority Russian.

23. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I agree with PJ. Communism, even if it could be practiced in its pure (or naked, as you say) form is evil. Nonetheless, in practice, the absolute power given to the government under communism leads, inevitably, to horrendous corruption. And since communism goes so much against the grain of human nature, the only way to maintain it is thru brutal repression. This has been demonstrated again and again and is beyond dispute.