Wouldn't it be for tyrants Stalin/Mao Would Communism succeed as a noble idea?

Discussion in 'History' started by Scifine, Jan 22, 2007.

1. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

There will always be Stalins and Maos and Hitlers and GWBs ready to "Lead". Others will simply follow. Democracy attempt to put these assholes in check...communism does not. Thus it fails....faster.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paulfr Registered Senior Member

Communism is pure and simply the abolition of private property. It thus becomes all owned by the state instead of millions of individuals.
    Great idea ??
    NO it just turns history backwards to the time of czars, dictators and kings.
    In fact it is worse than that because bureacracies with unchecked and unlimited power are far more irrational than the whims of a dictator.

Au contraire ...... this is secular intellectual arrogance with a touch of ignorance. Without a moral code to follow, any society will collapse in to chaos in less than a generation when the worst discover might makes right.
    Laws are insufficient to keep the people in check. Just ask anyone in the legal professions.
    Without religion or a secular moral code to replace it, we are all doomed.
    Aristotle made a first try. Ayn Rand made one too that has failed so far.

I personally think it is possible to have a universally accepted secular moral code, but it is a long way off in the future.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

hahaha...

in the usa... we dont own the land anymore.... we rent it.

we buy the right to use it.

then we pay rent to the real owner.... the government.

PROPERTY TAX.... and if you dont pay.. they take your land, and they dont even compensate you for your supposive ownership.

why??? because you never really owned it.

-MT

(IN MANY COMMUNIST COUNTRIES... RENT IS FREE)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

How "many" of 'em are left ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. paulfr Registered Senior Member

Not bad for a renter .....

MT
    You need to find out about equity.
    I did not own my home in CA ?
    Well .... I sold it for a cool 200K$ profit after 6 years.
    [I did pay property taxes which funds the schools for my children.]
    And there were NO taxes on the sale under current law.

9. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

there is tax ON THE SALE..... in CA.. unless you use the money to buy more land.

and you sold it... sure...

sold the right to use it... to build on it.

not the right to mine it.

the actual dirt.... is owned by someone else.

-MT

10. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Mosheh is quite right in this case. Canada is the same way. You are paying for a deed to use the land. When U.S and Canada was developing, the deeds were often given without any fee. The land was "free" to use. Hell you even got mineral rights back then. No mineral rights even in Canada anymore.

The government is free to take your land anytime it wants it. Right now, they will give you fair market value for your home, however they do not HAVE to do that. Well they might in some states, I don't know. Anyone whom has had an interstate or some developer with a lot of pull with the government want to build through/on their land, knows exactly what we are talking about.

11. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

The main problem I have with communism, as I understand it, is lack of accountability. Under capitalism, there is at least some relationship between work put in and reward garnered. Under communism, if a worker is guaranteed payment regardless of effort, I fear natural human laziness will kick in.

In terms of education, I've heard the USSR had great technicians and engineers, but scientific research was often stifled by politics, e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism Or is that also just propaganda?

12. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

And that comes as a surprise to you? The United States of America, a Federated Republic, is the Republic's sovereign territory.

Property owners are not sovereigns. The Republic, through the States, leases its land for private ownership of the surface and structures resting on it. The sub-surface mineral rights, and the above surface airspace rights are not subject to private ownership (merely different leasing arrangements.)

As with any lease, if you fail to make the payments you're lease expires early, and then you get evicted.

If you owned rental property you'd already understand the basic concept.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But citizens are not. Bummer.

13. paulfr Registered Senior Member

So Mosheh
    I have 2 questions for you.
    1/ Where do you live right now ?
    2/ If you were totally free from the responsibilities that have put you where you are now, where in the world would you choose to live ?

14. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

FREEDOM BUFFS... ALWAYS speak of the evils of communist states.

but they forget...

if they get pulled over... they had better show their papers... in the usa.

otherwise.. they can arrest you... just for not having id.

ALSO... HOW CAN ANY AMERICAN SPEAK OF FREEDOM.... when he... a supposive free man has to follow 66 MILLION FEDERAL LAWS.?

all... ALL... AMERICAN CONCEPTS OF FREEDOM.. come from the freedoms that americans ''''''''used''''''''''' to have.... before 1933.

no american has constitutional rights anymore.

no american has freedom.

all americans are 14th amendment citizens now... read it.
    it says you are under the jurisdiction of the state, and are GIVEN PRIVILEDGES AND BENEFITS... why?

because you americans... lost your freedom.

THEY JUST DONT TELL YOU... AND THE MEDIA WORKS FOR THEM.

you are fools.

cry freedom all you want... but dont j-walk... or posses an herb... or speak an insult at a federal statute enforcer... or your going to jail.

we, americans.. are given just enough freedom... and the police force is kept just small enough... so that we feel free.

due to the odds of getting caught.

but they are watching... and they can come for at any time.

freedom?? what freedom?

we used to be free men... now.. only your mind is still free.

and some of you... have already given yourselves up as willing slaves.

-MT

15. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

Cough Cough

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

w1z4rd, Communism was practiced as it should be by the early Pilgrims, and it failed there to, they almost starved to death, everybody was waiting for someone else to supply their needs, and their was no incentive to work harder than any one else, no profit, the Pilgrims were a Religious Commune, and everybody was suppose to work and did, but none put the effort in to excel, as there was no recognition of the excellence, and if you did excel the product of your labor was taken from you, so no Communism doesn't work even when practiced as it should be, human kind isn't that altruistic.

17. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

NOSENSE.... THE MOST BASIC FORM OF SOCIETY...
    is the communal tribe.

and they all work... to survive.

the pilgrams... almost died... because they didnt know the land.
    they didnt know what to eat.

and they didnt know where to find it.

the indians... did... the indians... saved their lives.

-thats what thanksgiving is for.

-MT

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Mosheh Thezion, do some more reading on the Pilgrims, and their system of governance, and the fact that they moved from communism to property right, and capitalism, and communal tribal living is not Communism, there still are property right in the tribe and tribal members benefit personally for their extra work, the communal tribal system is a barter system, which is a basic form of capitalism.

19. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

DAH...

i wasnt talking about the pilgrams living in communes... dah.

for 1000's of years before recorded history..

the communal tribe... was all there was.

then came despotism.

-MT