xev vetting posts that are critical of her position

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by spookz, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Wraith... keep spamming other threads. You're next.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Oh shut the fuck up. When I trodded in shit, you followed, wallowing like the fat pig you are. Again, I merely seeped as low as the context allowed; and those instances were limited to certain peoples. There is nothing poetic about that 20 page piece of crap you engaged in with the Tiss. All the nonsense removed, he called you a dumb bitch and you called him a pretensious prick. BS be damned.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

where??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

The thread you linked to.
    Duh.

8. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

I do not see how you can classify this thread as abusive to Xev. This is a complaint! Spookz also responded to a thread that Xev started. For chrissake, did you read her responses to Spookz in that thread or other threads???

9. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Stop your whining. Please.

10. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Where is the whining? Cite specific instances that can labelled "whining". I see an injustice, and I am voicing my opinion. Do I get banned? For surely I will not stop as long as this is fresh in my head.

You are being unfair. Xev's behaviour is no different from Spook'z and yet he gets banned. @#^$@%

11. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

OK, here's one:

12. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

boo.

You call that whining? Was the previous statement whining too? What is whining is to label a complaint whining simply because yourefuse to recognize its value. Why that is, I have no clue. Xev mishaved, and abused, and Spookz gets punished? Come on Porf, you are better than that.

13. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

No I didn't. I said tried, as in past tense. Minor point, but becomes more important later.

No, I am not basically telling you anything of the sort. I am telling you that when I first came here I tried to be nice and civil to everyone. Perhaps I should have said everyone I had a conversation with. None of you are the same person, and, again to be honest, I wouldn't have much to say to any of the group that you listed.
    Nowthen, that being said, if i were to be in a conversation with any of those members, then yes, i would try to reach a conclusion.I am not claiming that I would try to have the same conversation. I am not claiming that all of them are the same. I am stating that in the begining, I would have attempted to treat them all in a same manner.

Becuase who i talk to doesn't determine my interest. It's fairly simple really. They are not all interested in the same subjects, nor am I interested in same subjects they are. That being the case, the chances of my being in a conversation with all of then simultaniously are slim at best.

Too sincere for what exactly?

Nope, I wouldn't. Nor have I any idea what gave you that idea.

You been posting here far longer than I.

All of it, eh? So nothing changes in this world and no new thoughts are thought? For one so overflowing with knowledge and apparent wisdom, he sure is rather childish.

Flores, remember the bit i said about that past tense being important later. Now is the time. Tried: Past tense. I stopped perhaps a month or two after I started posting. It doesn't take great experience to be an ass, Flores, just a wish to try. Perhaps you see wisdom, experience, and knowledge in spookz's "style" and "mastery of the english language", but alot of us just see an immature little punk with too much free time on his hands.
    And for the record, flores, I am not here to make judgements on the character of the people i am talking to. At most, i am here to pass judgement on their ideas and their words.

Now I am currious how you came to that conclusion. I've seen little of this experience that we should appreciate. Perhaps we should read his "how to be a troll" thread and learn from his experience?
    Regardless of whatever experience or knowledge spookz might have, if he chooses not to share those and instead carries out little hate wars, I don't see it as useful. What good is a teacher that doesn't teach, but instead mocks you for his own amusement?

You know that is quite possibly the most warped thing I have read in a while. Ever considered a career as a novelist?

I'll agree that alot of what Xev says is shit too. Personally, I think there has been enough outcry against her that something should be done there to.

However, what Xev has done doesn't change what spookz has done. To be honest, I see more instances of abusive posting from spookz than xev.

Firstly: That doesn't make sense.
    Secondly: What the hell does religion have to do with banning some one from a internet forum??

Did you forget your pills today?

14. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

that's spamming?

lol. Aren't these Canadians sweet, with their quaint takes on the English language.
    I would term that as mere cross refferencing.

15. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

donĀ“t give him a reason to kick you !
    please ...

16. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

well since were on the subject i will make a couple of small points
    one
    the psudoscience area has been trolled and destroyed
    most of not all seriouse posters have left it to the ego maniacs that mostly post sarcastic crap in there now along with the odd newbie comment or question where they get quickly harrassed by those same people
    same for para forum mostly
    same for the human science / psychology area that has gone to the crappers with
    most posting being made by highly negative disfunctional perpetual looser type people
    wishing to reinforce reasons to not bother with anything out of the normal victim mentality
    its like watching teenagers argue over philosophy instead of swap cards...
    moronic.. nothing less
    well it is mostly teenagers making stupid moronic comments thinking they know such things . and as soon as a seriouse question is asked or posted in that area you will note that no one has a clue about it
    the entire site seems to have gone the way of free thoughts
    two teenagers having a contest to see who is more popular than the other
    it is realy pathetic to see the site go this way
    if it is not some freaked out religouse loony then it is some ego maniac running some attempted covert game of poppularity
    ive lost all confidence in the science part of the name
    maybe there are some interesting threads in the computing section ..
    but quite frankly all there is on that i can read off a free help web site.. and is nothing to be discussed

ohh well
    so it goes
    lets hope some of the posters grow up fast

those of you that can not obviousely see what a certain mod has been setting up for a few months now have obviousely missed the entire game
    now it has been completed
    Porfiry
    i get the distinct feeling that some people have been miss leading you
    if the mods are going to use sexualy explicit phrases in abusive context toward people as Xev has on more occasions than i could possible count .... then you are setting up a no win situation to ban people for posting in a similar manner
    if you wish to make an example you must lead by example

what is the trade off that has been made to get to where it is now with this particular issue?
    that is something you might want to think of when you have the time and energy
    look at the post count of the long term members compared to what it used to be
    you will notice the majority of posts is now with personal bickering or people saying "hello nice pair of shoes in a science thread"
    "thanks they are nice"
    blah blah
    it would be nice to see the site take more a a move back to the science nature in the name and what it use to be like before ir turned into a puberty-emotion head-butting post
    i wish you good luck

not easy by any standards i agree

17. Flores Registered Senior Member

You didn't like my religious appeal at the tyranny of sciforums?

And yes I did, I forgot my pills. I forget them everyday, because I don't take any..

Banning spookz is a mistake, that's all I have to say on this useless discussion. afterall, nothing we do here is likely to change Dave's mind....End of discussion.

18. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

"afterall, nothing we do here is likely to change Dave's mind"

That my dear, is highly irrelevant. In the event of an injustice, it is not in the hope that the injustice be reverted that drives opposition. Afterall, were Spookz to get unbanned, it changes not the fact that for a day and a half, his ability to login and post uinder has moniker has been taken away.

19. Bells Staff Member

I'm sorry but that's made me laugh hysterically until I cried hysterically. I have said that the ban on Spookz was unfair and I shall always say it. But in light of what I witnessed today this statement has brought tears to my eyes. I was at an accident scene today and found myself giving first aid and performing cpr until the ambulance arrived and after helping the paramedics work on reviving this man, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

So I come home, have a couple of stiff drinks, shower to get the blood and pieces of glass off me and now I read this and you're saying that Spookz lost his ability to log in and post under his normal name. I mean for the love of all that's holy. I'm sorry but I find that funny considering that I watched someone die today and now I'm reading how horrible it is that someone can't log onto his normal name for a couple of days and how this is a terrible tragedy.

Is the fact that he can't sign in under his name the end? No. He can create another name and persona and post amongst us. Spookz is not dead, just his moniker in this forum. He can come back under another name. Spookz if you're reading this I'm sorry but I find this whole situation ridiculous after today. I do hope you come back and grace us with your presence again.

Now I think I need to get away from this forum before I scream. I do apologise for preaching but this is making me cry because it is so ridiculous in the whole scheme of things.

20. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Everything exists within a specific context Bells. The worst that can happen here is that a member gets banned unjustifiably. In the real world, the situation you just mentioned is amongst the worst, and my condolenses and sympathies to that family and to you.

But again, this is a forum, and we are discussing events that took place under this forum. Simply because Spookz can re-register under a different moniker changes not a thing. And the fact that you witnessed a tragic event, or that some of us, have also witnessed tragic events, exist solely outside this context- sciforums.com

21. static76 The Man, The Myth, The Legend Registered Senior Member

There is no injustice here. Spookz got banned because Porfiry had enough of his antics with the moderators and himself. You guys (mainly Wraith/Hed) need to drop this already, because many of you weren't around here when he had his issues with Goofyfish and Asguard as mods, and really have no idea how long this stuff has gone on.

I liked Spookz as a poster, I really did. BUT I also like Sciforums, and the contributions of time and effort, that Dave and the various moderators have given to this forum. This banning wasn't about "XEV vs Spookz", or "Spookz vs CC", it's about "Spookz vs the people who spend their free time helping this forum prosper".

Well said.

As with most forums, many posters take things WAY too seriously.

22. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Actually, if he was IP banned; he can't come back. Unless he buys a new modem, or uses a different computer or something.

23. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Actually CounslerCoffee, I think it would just be a username ban, since anyone connecting with a Dynamically allocated IP from their service provider would keep coming back with a different IP.

It's only the few with a static IP from their provider which would be permanent if based on an IP block.