Xianity declining worldwide

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Medicine*Woman, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

With xianity declining around the world, what will the xians do when the myth is finally revealed?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

What is your evidence that Xtianity is in decline?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. May I answer !

this is the evidence :

The percentage of Christians is in rapid decline in Canada, dropping at 0.9 percentage points per year. This rate is identical to that of the U.S.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/can_rel.htm

-American Religious Identification Survey:

the proportion of the population that can be classified as Christian has declined from eighty-six in 1990 to seventy-seven percent in 2001...

http://www.gc.cuny.edu/studies/key_findings.htm

European Christianity: A Bleak Picture :

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8099.html

-In the Land of Christ,Christianity Is Dying:

http://admin.muslimsonline.com/babri/halsell5.htm

Finally, I recommend this book, it is realy very informative:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/075967826X/bridgebooks/103-3721135-8435802

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

My view

One of the main reasons for Christianity's decline, I feel, rests in the final words of the bible whiich I think state that no more words are to be added. The new testiment being the last testiment.

The religion is basically too old and reeks of superstition and unfortunately reasonable people are having a great deal of trouble coping with the obvious logic paradoxes that prevail in religious teaching.

If Christianity modernised and developed in to a more universal view then it may survive.

I wonder what The Christ would do flying on a jumbo jet watching television, sipping a drink with ice in it, whilst surfing the internet.. sitting next to a Hindu with his Buddhist friend on the other side.

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

<i>With xianity declining around the world, what will the xians do when the myth is finally revealed?</i>

What Christians?

9. spookz Banned Banned

poison woman

i'll go pagan and curse you. it will be horrible. you will suffer the most unimaginable horrors.

thanks for soliciting my opinion

10. okinrus Registered Senior Member

You would only be fullfilling a prophesy M*W. Why don't you go ahead and "reveal" the myth to us.

11. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Paul created the grand delusion, and it's been revealed repeatedly on this forum. Don't you read the posts?

12. okinrus Registered Senior Member

Paul? In reality most of what you consider myths in christianity such as the divinity of the Son of Man were already predicted in the book of Enoch. Paul did not create what you consider myths because they were already there.

13. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

14. ConsequentAtheist Registered Senior Member

See any Sumerian UFOs recently?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. VitalOne Banned Banned

So basically, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam are more logical (They're growing religions)? Hinduism and Buddhism are way older by the way.

16. spookz Banned Banned

i just converted a bunch of heathens
    the trend has reversed

17. Nehushta Registered Senior Member

18. okinrus Registered Senior Member

Hinduism and Buddhism are not more logical. Hinduism's caste system is particualarly loathful.

The article follows that <i>After Newton the Church found itself in a world in which the concepts of magic, miracle, and divine intervention as explanations of anything, could no longer be offered with intellectual integrity. Once more people were forced to enter into and to embrace a reality vastly different from the one employed in the traditional language of their faith tradition.</i> The inner order of all things created by God was always observed; Paul writes that we know God exists by the order in his creation. All Newton or any scientist, for that matter, has done is clarify the laws of the physical world.

19. christianity is in decline because education levels are rising. it's very hard to follow something so contradictory. people might be turning to islam, but really it's all the same babble, just a new guy, and a slightly different version of the story.

the best religion is your own religion, i.e. no religion. buddhism is a good one, but unfortunately few people follow it properly, what with all the temples and idols and rituals, they only detract from the real message.. look within, the answers are there. fortunately with buddhism, unlike a few other (particularly monotheist) religions, you can read the scriptures, decide for yourself what is true, take what you want from it and be on your merry way with your gained knowledge and perspective.

there's no need to worship or pray to anything (gods, idols, etc), we know better than that. we know that natural disasters occur because of natural processes in the earth, we know that storms happen because of disturbances in the atmosphere, there is no point in praying to something you can't truly understand because it can't help you. true freedom lies in realising that nothing is worth the proverbial 'getting and being'.

we're all together floating on this rock with every other piece of matter in this universe, and the countless others. just enjoy the experience, you never know what's going to happen tomorrow.

:m: peace :m:

20. okinrus Registered Senior Member

Buddahfish, your religion does not give us too much sense of hope. If I might say, we'd be better without it because then convince ourselves of knowing something.

There are quite a few well-educated christians. But what your saying is true; christians have to become like children and it's even written for us. You obviously haven't read the complete Quran so to respect both parties, I think you should admit to your vague speculations.

Yes, but that's one rock were floating on.

21. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

22. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

There, caste system prevails even among the christians. It is not the problem of religion. It is a socio-economic problem rather.

Caste systems are there all over world in one name or other. It is a tendency towards social groupings. The problem comes when discrimination takes place as to who is higher or who is lower by birth or race. This is against any religious doctrines. These discriminations often not only just satisfiying the ego itch of the elites but mainly have socio-economic exploitation as their real motive. The holes in religions were utilized by vested interests for the sustenance of such un-just discriminatary systems. That is the reason why scores of religious-social reformers could not succeed completely to eradicate this cancer.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  23. Pakman Registered Senior Member

I'm not sure about Hinduism or Buddhism, but I can tell you that Islam is a religion of logic and reasoning. Stuff people can agree too. I'll give you an example.

In Christianity, it says that those who don't believe in Jesus Christ will go to hell. A guy can be the nicest guy in the world, but he never came upon religon. So he will go to hell. That is why Christians have to spread the word of the Son of God.

According to Islam, a man can have no religon, but if he has lived a life of good deeds, then he will go to heaven.

I'm not sure what the case is when man has come upon religion and refused on it. Perhaps Proud_Syrian or Ghassan Kanafani can answer that.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong on any parts about Christainity above. Thanks.