Yahweh, the baby killing God.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Someone7, Aug 21, 2000.

1. Tony H2o Registered Senior Member

T6,

What's QED???

Also thanks for the rest, we are not very different from each other in reality.

Difference being that I had no faith and found mine in Jesus, well you know most the history from Overview and Dreams and visions, etc so I won't be a bore and recap

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Keep seeking T6, seek and you will find, a bent reed He will not break and a broken and contrite heart He will not despise.

Basically by being honest with yourself and seeking honest answers God will see the integrity of your search and He will if you ask Him be a part of it. Sorry couldn't resist a bit of preaching

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Allcare

Tony H2o

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Tony- It stands for Quantum Electro Dynamics.

666- Death is an experience no one has had? So why hasn't Jimi Hendrix staged a tour since the 60s?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greenwood priest Registered Member

Unfortunately, I had a problem reading page 4 of this thread. It showed up on my screen as about twice as wide as what my screen will display. Makes it kind of hard to follow a long post and create a suitably rational response. Oh well, here goes...

At the end of my last post I mentioned an explanation for many of the events in the Bible that would be compatable with a vision of Yahweh as something other than a sociopath. By recognising that the Bible was writen by humans, trying to give their best understanding of what was going on and why it was happening, by accepting that it is not literal, we can see that 1 Sam 15: 2 is Samuel BELIEVING that Yahweh told him to murder innocents. This would go a long way in reconcilling other atrocities as well. It becomes the difference between an act commited in Yahweh's name versus an order directly from Yahweh.

You mentioned karma. I have often wondered if it was karma for acts such as the genocide of the Amalakites that led to Hitler's "final solution", that gave rise to the pogroms, that inspired all the acts of persecution the Jews have suffered in history. Has all this pain and suffering jsut been the harvest of what the tribes of Israel sowed back then?

Regarding original sin. Well, I do not accept the creation myth of Genesis, but within its context, it was Adam and Eve who sinned. It was Yahweh who decided that everyone would suffer for that sin. I can conceive of no valid system of justice that could condone such abuse. I mean, we're not just talking about A&E's kids, or grandkids or even greatgrandkids. How many hundreds of generations have passed? Oh yeah, and consider this: before eating of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, how could A&E know that disobeying Yahweh was bad?

Regarding the covenant with Abraham. Abraham, out of how many millions of people alive at the time? If we were all created by this God, then all people deserved to be given this covenant. Directly. Not mearly by the happenstance of a Jewish missionary wandering into the area, but each and every tribe and people of the Earth should have gotten the same message at the same time.

If I can convince my computer to let me see the whole text at one time I will address other issues that have been raised, until then TTFN!

------------------
    Greenwood priest

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greenwood priest Registered Member

By the way, Q.E.D. is latin for thus it is demonstrated, quid es demonstratum (if that's spelled right...)

------------------
    Greenwood priest

8. MoonCat Registered Senior Member

Hardly surprising, I suppose, but Greenwood Priest's post is right along my own trail of thought.

Though, I hadn't ever thought of the holocaust as being karmic retribution for biblical slaughters, very interesting idea!!

I too believe that the bible is flawed, I've posted that here over & over I think. It's written by people, after the fact, and by the winners - therefore it's all in question as far as I'm concerned. Makes it a lot easier to understand what sort of a god Yaweh probably is/was.

Oh, and I have the same trouble with page 4, that seems to happen here every now and then, dunno why. Ya' just gotta deal with it. Sometimes I'll cut it out and paste it into Word to read it, with varying degrees of success. *shrug*

9. 666 Registered Senior Member

Tony,

Qxy. was right I was refering to Quantum Electro Dynamics. I do more reading of post and asking question then taking part in lengthy discusions, mostly due to time constraints, but feel free to ask any questions of my beliefs. I have no problem sharing my ideas and thoughts.