Yes, Bush Is Spending A Lot Of Money…

Discussion in 'Politics' started by goofyfish, Jan 28, 2004.

1. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

...but a report by the National Taxpayer's Union indicates that Democrat candidates would spend much more.
    Lack of solid answers by Democratic candidates about spending cuts by does throw my support to present administration’s spending practices. In fact, this piece by Jonah Goldberg, George W. Bush, Preservative, pretty well summarizes my sentiments.

:m: Peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

now what a dipshit

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Undecided Banned Banned

I don't think anyone could beat Bushes record, what around $500 billion or so increase in spending while decreasing taxes by around $1.2 trillion! The tax cut is so bad that Americans are feeling it's effects now, when it doesn't even come into full effect until 2012. With the democrats you would have most of the tax cut gone, and they would over time be able to afford those programs, consider:

and the US still had a budget surplus in 2000-01. The problem is not the spending it is the lack of revenue that is going to trickle into the US coffers over the next 8 years. I would opt now for little spending, but I would also opt for the tax cut to be stopped. This thread’s premises is a bit of a misrepresentation of the issue.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Undecided Banned Banned

And that Jonah whoever it is loses all credibility when he says this:

Sorry, but I do not enjoying reading in the comic mode when dealing with serious issues. Unless of course that was supposed to be a parody of something serious?

8. Don Hakman Registered Senior Member