Yin and Yang

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by seekeroftheway, Feb 7, 2006.

1. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Didn't we establish that we can't comprehend nothing? So how can you possibly think that you deny if you have no idea what nothing is? Or have you "transcended existence", as it were, and now make nothing whatever you want it to be?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Viva la heads up our asses...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nameless Registered Senior Member

Just because nothing cannot be intelligently comprehended (as nothing is beyond our bio-processor's coding) does not mean that nothing cannot be experienced. For example; consciousness is no-thing, not a 'thing', yet is fundamental. It is my present understanding that the great 'nothing', the Void, is not that. It is quantum Mind/Consciousness. There is no brain to excrete it's (waste matter) 'excrementation' (thought). There is also no memory capacity (that is strictly a temporal function), so ideas, thoughts, etc... are fictions within the dream.

Back to the 'nothing' that I make into my 'existence'. The 'nothing' is, as I mentioned, Mind. Mind equals the quantum field of potential/possibility waves. Bindu, the 'undifferentiated potential' of the Hindu sages. And quantum physics.

Consciousness (Will)(immaterial, no-thing) 'touches' upon these waves of 'potential' and one of all possible 'futures' manifests as a particular 'code'.

Our sensesory apparatus are receptors for this code. From receptors to brain where the information is 'decoded' into an internal hologramic mental image of our universes. We see, touch, hear what the information waves send. We use memory to decode and color and evaluate and judge and imagine sequence and linearity and time.
    This is existence.
    'Transcending existence' is becomming that Consciousness/Truth through the diminution of egoically isolated self image. This site has some interesting reading and links. Ego Death and Self-Control Cybernetics
    Transcending existence is no more difficult than becomming 'lucid' within a dream. Ever have a dream that you were aware that you were dreaming? All of a sudden you had choices, eh? You could fly if you liked, have the neighbor choke on a bone, visit distant galaxies and cultures, etc.. Transcending (becomming lucid) the dream of discrete 'existence' in our day to day 'dream' (Enlightenment, salvation, liberation...), we become, once again, One Consciousness/Mind, beyond the dream of 'existence' and its attendant delusions, such as 'temporal existence'. One can 'deliberately' focus Consciousness on 'potential waves' (Mind) and affect the 'existence' thus produced ('the' universe). Exactly like the night dream! All the time knowing, of course, that the 'something' that I call forth from 'nothing' (Mind) is still, ultimately nothing (Theurgy, QM, Mysticism, Metaphysics, Creative Arts..)

Now, to tie this into the topic;
    Yin/Yang represents the illusions and delusions of 'existence'; when 'existence' is transcended (when Self is realized experientially as OneConsciousness) the fictitious duality of Yin/Yang becomes, once again, merely a metaphor of the 'dream'...
    Just a mental game where we can play in 'god mode', or slave mode, or....
    *__-

I really wasn't intending to go into this here and now. Well, this is my current perspective, anyway, for what it's worth... and I just ran out of words tonight.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nameless Registered Senior Member

Oh, lighten up, Francis

8. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Again? I don't wanna lighten up again! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....

That didn't feel like I thought it would....stupid school...

9. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

I totally agree with you there. To me, when one transcends existence, they see everything we know in THIS perception for what it really is, but then we see everything else there is to see in the next perception. So it's like a video games in this perception, we know how the whole game works and we're in complete control, but the "real" world is still greater. When one transcends, it is as taking one more step up.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

It's a simbol of the perception of multiple perspectives. The dual unified nature of the simbol implies that the existance of a given perspective implies the existance of an opposite one. Hence why the Taoist encourages the lack of intellectual reasoning, as it creates an infinite stream of opposites to compare against. The Taoist focus on the essence of being in order to find the peace and stability of the neutral aspect of the Tao.

The dualist mind is an illusion created by perception. The illusion is created by th existance of one when the existance of the other is not necessarily consciously experienced. For instance, one might see a glass as half-empty. Thus, that person perceives what we call sadness related from the abscence of something desired. On the flip side, the person is also capable of perceiving the glass as half-full thus perceiving contentment rather then sadness. The perception of the opposites is a trick of the mind created by the comparison of separate variables. That separation is also an illusion created by the analytical mind.

The mind is what causes the illusions and limitations. By consciously perceiving and analizing the wolrd, we become tangled in a web of illusions and constant analisys, as well as a pursuit of the fulfillment of intangible and unrealistic desires.

11. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Very well put...to add to that, another aspect of my particular philosophy concerning the "great" illusion. Nothing we can see, taste, smell, touch, or hear is real. It can't be.

Why is the sun that bright? Why is that marijuana leaf green? Why does my friend Maiya appear Okinawan? Because that is how I PERCEIVE it. Everything we sense is based on the perception of our minds, they are images and stimulus created by our minds for us to react to. If our minds are creating the images for us, how can anything we sense be real? And if it isn't real, how do we see past it to whatever "truth" there is out there? If any?

12. nameless Registered Senior Member

'Existence' is inversely proportional to 'Truth/Reality'.

Nothing you sense is 'Real'. Nothing of which you can conceive is 'Truth'.

We can never 'see' or 'find' Truth/Reality.

Abandoning egoic 'self' and all 'knowledge', the 'chains' that we have forged snap and thrummm from the tension as we hit the end at full throttle!
    As we break free, our whole universe shudders from the sudden and violent 'release'...

We BECOME 'Truth/Reality'.
    We become 'universal',
    and more...

We can not 'know' Truth,
    we can not 'understand' Truth.
    Truth is infinitely beyond 'conceptualization'!

Our 'life' either 'shines' or we are still deluded and asleep...

13. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

If we cannot conceptualize truth, then how can you conceptualize what will happen when we are "released" from this illusion?

14. nameless Registered Senior Member

I cannot conceptualize Truth/Reality. It cannot be done.
    The only way to 'find' "what will happen when we are "released" from this illusion", is to become 'released from this illusion'! (Consciousness 'expanded' beyond 'ego/body-centric'.)

The only 'carrot'? Truth!
    The only stick? Ignorance!

15. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Mostly ignorance...heh, a friend of mine really had her head up her ass today...she's christian....and ignorant beyond all belief...Christian or not...

16. nameless Registered Senior Member

Hmmm, let him with zero ignorance throw the first 'judgement'? Hell, I am personally familiar with her 'perspective'! Hahahahahaha......
    *__-

17. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Zero is almost a myth, if you think about it...philosophically speaking, of course...she is ignorant in the sense that she cannot bear to even think about other points of view, if they aren't her religion, they're wrong and she won't tolerate them. It's disappointing and rather disgusting....

18. nameless Registered Senior Member

Seeker, it is never about 'her', it is about you!
    If you find yourself 'disappointed', it is because you harbor 'expectations'.
    She is pointing out that error for you.
    If you find yourself 'disgusted', that is overabundant 'ego'. You MUST be BETTER than something or someone to be 'disgusted'. Judgement is error.

Please allow me to relate an experience that I had once...

I walked into a Thrift Shop and saw someone giving the employee a hug (it was mutual). When they looked up, I mentioned, playfully, that no one gives ME hugs when I come into the store.
    She said something nonsensical.
    He was silent.
    I noticed that when he looked up and I could see him, that he was the proud recipient of rather severe Down's Syndrome. All the 'earmarks. He didnt speak while I was there.
    I walked around the corner in the store, was looking at something when 'he' walked around that corner, stopped a few feet away from me, held his arms open stepped up to me and gave me a hug. At that very moment, with tears of bliss streaming down my face, I realized that this simple, deformed, 'innocent' was an 'angel'! After the hug, he turned and walked away. Needless to say, I was deeply moved!

I think that these 'angels' (and I am not being literal here, I don't think..) are ordinarily in a 'form' (deformed, 'ugly', discomfitting, stupid, ignorant, cement-headed, wrong religion, whatever...) that would be repulsive to the 'common person'; disgusting, something to make one avert one's eyes in discomfort or offer a pitying smile and move on quickly.
    Another egoic response might be 'there but for the grace of 'Dog', go I'! (implying that they are something 'less' than I am)

Why are they 'presented to us' in these forms? I suppose it might just be to weed out the 'riff-raff', if you follow what I mean!

'Compassion' (knowing that they are going through exactly what they need to be going through in their lives and just being here for them, with love and understanding.) seems to be a rather 'transcendent' quality and is worth nurturing, IMHO.
    Beginning with 'Oneself'!
    Peace...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  19. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Nameless, I don't believe in status, as far as I'm concerned, if you exist, we share the same ground. But I do, however, believe in respect, of which she has little, so I'm giving her space. I don't condemn her (regardless of how that last post may have "sounded"), but I can't be around her without spawning conflict.

20. nameless Registered Senior Member

I'm not understanding what you mean by 'status'.
    We are all on the same 'ground' here.
    Knowing whom to avoid, and when, sounds like wisdom to me...
    Timing is 'everything'!

21. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

And not to be "egotistical" but I happen to believe I have good "timing".

22. nameless Registered Senior Member

I don't think that it is being egotistical to be aware of your strengths. Ego distorts and inflates...

23. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Too much ego distorts and inflates. Having an ego and confidence in oneself is not a crime.