You Don't Need God...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Orleander, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I was really surprised at the support of this billboard that went up in our area. I didn't know there were as many agnostics and atheists here. And surprisingly some believers support it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Yea, and you dont need government to live in a civilized manner.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. murdoch Simply Psychic! Registered Senior Member

Rightly said. I wonder how much money and energy people spend just to promote their belief of non existence of god.

It will be better to spend some time and money from it over the welfare of suffering humanity.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@murdoch --

I wonder how much money and energy people spend to promote their belief in their imaginary friend. It will be better to spend some time and money from it over the welfare of suffering humanity.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

9. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

Yeah, who needs shared resources like roads or emergency services, or regulations over things like food safety and aircraft.

10. RuneSpider Registered Senior Member

Generally speaking, much less than those who promote their own religion, especially those ones who pay to support an old man in a palace.

10% tithing, remember?

How about you, how much do you spend one unnecessary good when you could be helping kids in Africa, do you spend nothing on yourself?

Did you even take a look to see what charity groups these people work with?

11. Arioch Valued Senior Member

The RCC is the largest landowner on the planet and worth untold billions. What are they doing with that money?

Are they perhaps shipping tons of food into countries suffering from drought and famine? Nope.

Are they maybe spending it on AIDS research to help alleviate(and perhaps save the lives) the suffering of tens of millions around the world? Not at all.

Are they building more churches? Yup.

Are they engaging in a malicious and dishonest smear campaign against birth control? Of course.

Are they spending it on producing lies about abortion and excommunicating anyone who gets one? Sure as shooting.

Are they spending it to eat like kings while many of their laity are starving to death? It's a good bet.

Are they giving payoffs to victims of sexual abuse by priests and then spending more hiding the priests from justice? We all know this is a yes.

Hmm, seems to me like atheists are doing far more, percentage wise, for the poor and needy around them than the largest religion in the world is.

12. kx000 Valued Senior Member

We are more than capable to have all these ideas and implement them without an authority. Its called the power of man. One stick snap, but when stick bundled stick strong. And who needs wars over land that was here long before we were?

13. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Sounds like were on the same page, wether you want to believe it or not. Question; who is the RCC?

14. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

If you don't know that, how do you know you're on the 'same page'? :shrug:

15. arauca Banned Banned

I wonder who provides more money to needy people in the third world ?

The religious organization
    or the atheist organization or the nondenominational atheist ?

16. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I get the jist of what he's pointing out, it doesn't mater what corporation it is, religious, or not. But, I did a search on RCC and came up with a lot of possibilities to who he is talking about.

17. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

RCC = Roman Catholic Church

18. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Despite many believing this to be the case, the Catholic Church is nowhere near the largest landowner on Earth. By a very wide margin, the world's biggest landowner is Queen Elizabeth II, who legally owns around 6.6 billion acres of land -- 16.6 percent of the Earth's land surface area (she is the only person on Earth who actually owns countries).

Religious groups together, meanwhile, own around 7 percent of the world's habitable land.

19. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Interesting.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What's the difference?

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

the religious organization does it but there are strings attached. The atheist, not so much

22. murdoch Simply Psychic! Registered Senior Member

In fact they spend more time over serving the society than cursing god only.

Please keep here support to Christian organizations out of picture while considering my views. For they are ethically corrupt organizations running religious organizations as a professional business. Religion never ask nor need any promotion as practiced by Church and missionaries.

Forget 10% thing until you find a reliable organization that just don't spend money over building huge churches but on serving suffering humanity along with social interests.

Charity begins at home for me, one can find many needy people around your area itself without having any need to go far away to other continents. I spend upon myself to the limit I can live properly. Its like having proper food, clothes and living space. I think that's what we work for to at least to live like a normal man. Without fulfilling the personal basic need one can't think much about others. Yeah! I keep good watch over these organization's working and keep space from corrupt ones...
    You will be amazed to see in third world say for in India people spend more on social activities and most religious organizations take good part in it without any personal promotional activity for it is considered cheap there.

Regarding comparison thing I don't have any good reliable stat to put forward. But all I can see is some big companies as part of their social initiative have started taking part in social welfare acts and I don't think they alienate such things from any religion they follow in fact it is considered a cal by religion itself.

If you want my viewpoint over this whole social thing. Than I consider serving humanity is itself a service of god for he don't need anything accept your real love in heart. So anyone serving best social interest be it believer or non believer is doing good serving to him to find space in heavens.