You Must Know This Man !

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Proud_Syrian, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

The difference being that smokers today made a conscious decision to do something that would result in death. Who in the World Trade Center, Pentagon, or the four hijacked planes agreed to be human sacrifices for those 19 "peaceful" Muslims?

You think shutting down powerful, established companies producing and selling a legal product will be easy?

Get real.

The legal costs would be frightening, not to mention the huge amounts of money the state and federal governments would lose from all the taxes it imposes on cigarette sales.

I can't even begin to guess how much it would cost the government to enforce this ban against smugglers and the black marketeers.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Halcyon Guest

With what power? It's Congress' decision first of all who gets to have power over that sort of thing. The FDA just lost a supreme court ruling in an attempt to gain unfettered authority over the tobacco industry. Cigarettes are a consumer product, and the constitution protects them from such attempts.

Not very many people in congress will vote against tobacco, anyway, being that a HUGE amount of various party's campaign funds come from that source. Even if they did, the blow to the economy will be crippling, with hundreds of thousands of jobs eradicated, and just like Galt said, the state and federal governments stand to lose a HUGE amount of tax revenues.

President Clinton himself announced a Justice Department lawsuit against tobacco companies, these lawsuits are not new, they've been quite common. If the president can't win a lawsuit against the tobacco industry.....

Besides, why is it the tobacco industry's fault anyway? Aren't people responsible for they're own actions? If you make the conscious decision to start smoking, knwing the potential effects, and no matter what the influence, be it social or otherwise; there is not one person responsible for it's repercussions other than yourself. It's easy to say that with the tobacco industry annihilated, this could all stop, but it won't. If cigarettes become illegal, they'll just go the way of marijuana, cocaine and heroine. People will still make a conscious decision to use them, and cost the country even more money to punish them.

Don't get me wrong, as an ex-smoker, I wish to god the things were extinct, but it's just not going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2003
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. You may be an atheist or an agnostic; or you may belong to anyone of the religious denominations that exist in the world today. You may be a Communist or a believer in democracy and freedom. No matter what you are, and no matter what your religious and political beliefs, personal and social habits happen to be - YOU MUST STILL KNOW THIS MAN!

He was by far the most remarkable man that ever set foot on this earth. He preached of hope, founded a state, built a nation, laid down a moral code, initiated numberless social and political reforms, established a dynamic and powerful society to practice and represent his teachings, and completely revolutionized the worlds of human thought and action for all times to come.

HIS NAME IS HITLER, peace and blessings of Almighty God be upon him and he accomplished all these wonders in the unbelievably short span of six years......

Changed a couple words . . .

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. . . I wonder . . .

You meant to write "What have Muslim nations to do with Islam?"

Just helping you out with your writing skills . . .

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

As for shutting down the tobacco industry, I've got to tell you: SMOKES AIN'T GOIN' AWAY . . . EVER! As Halcyon indicated, the Constitution ensures this.

Flores, Galt's avatar has nothing to do with cigarettes and everything to do with anime, which is something you'd probably poohpooh as iconoclastic, blasphemous, and gaudy anyhow . . .

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2003
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.