Your beloved Scifi Guru posts his review of Episode 2....

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 17, 2002.

1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Some parameters for this review:

For those of you who do not wish to see spoilers, I will start with a review of the movie without any of them, then move on to the aspects of the film that will definitely give things away. I seriously recommend that you do not view the spoilers until you have actually seen the movie so you can discuss them with me [and us] yourself.

And...

GEORGE LUCAS IS GOD!!!!!! Check my signature...then go see the movie, go see it NOW!! He has redeemed himself for Episode One, more so than ever. This movie is incredible, spectacular, it is the dream star wars movie. Take it from me I know what I'm talking about when I say this.

Now for the spoilers, and why it's so damn good....

First off let me say that Jar Jar is only in the movie for a few minutes (as you've no doubt heard) but his role actually plays incredible signifigance in the movie.

JAR JAR BINKS STARTS THE CLONE WAR...THE WORST CHARACTER IN THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR IT'S ENTIRE STORYLINE. Yes, it's true, Jar Jar casts the vote that gives Palpatine emergency powers, gives him the ability to do whatever the hell he wants. This is when you sigh to yourself and say 'it has begun.' Anakin's acting is good in some places, very good in others, but his lines can be weak and there was a bit of too much love here. They could've removed fifteen minutes of the lovey scenes and the film would've still made sense.

Yoda kicks serious ass and you see a lot more of him in this movie than in any other, and what I mean by this is the other sides of Yoda, how he trains all of the jedi, when they're just little children.

Ewan Mcgreggor is definitely the best character in the movie, he plays is role very cool-like, you can see that this guy is in charge and he always knows exactly what he's doing. Natalie Portman is, well, not a very good actress, but I will giver her credit for showing her nipple briefly (that's right, fellas). Her lines are poor as is her acting. She is just so gorgeous though...

Anakin Skywalker has definitely improved now, Hayden, like I said, can really do a damn fine job of acting in some places and really mess it up and be robotic in others. You have to give the bastard credit, even if he does mess up sometimes.

The movie is arguably better than ESB. I really can't decide-it's that good. Hope to hear your opinions soon.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dracula's Guest Twisted firestarter Registered Senior Member

Well if you want my thoughts on Episode 2 then you can just read my other posts I have put up, but to summarise... I enjoyed Episode 2, but I dont think its the best Star Wars film by a mile, its very entertaining, but its also very lightweight. Hopefully Lucas can make the story more meaty for Episode 3, but there is still some flaws in this film. I've said this before, but "something" is missing. There's a certain spark which just isn't there.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I've settled down a bit...right now I rank it second to ESB. Action-sequence wise it's the best ever (that chase through Coruscant was INCREDIBLE) and I have seen what you've said in tiassa's thread, that Anakin could really do a damn fine job of acting and screw it up in others. I agree with you and think that for the most part he did what lucas wanted. He's coming back in the third film-and I believe that this is a good thing.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

the caricters of the jedi were a let down

all powerfull beings who can see the future and they can't stop a dart or keep there light sabers?

STUPID