Your favorite Star Trek Captain

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Mr.Spock, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Kirk is my personal favorite even if he wasn't the best captain at least he had an active libido. Picard is too civilized for my tastes.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Picard.

(surprise)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

No wait, Captain Beverly Picard. Nice medical ship... and Worf will help us!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

because in real life they amazing actor skills would prove useless. As a real life spaceship commander, Archer comes the closest.

8. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

It should be perfectly obvious that we're not basing our opinion on how close the real life actors come to being a captain. What if an actor with real world captain experience portrayed a captain on a TV show that gets his ass blown off in his first battle? You still going to say he's your favorite?

9. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

No way.
    Janeway! Episode 4x07 - Scientific Method.
    This scene, and others like it, really show she's not one to be toyed with.

I also love the episode Torres needed an alien removed and the EMH created a Cardassian hologram, and Torres didn't want his treatment. And Tuvix didn't want to die to have Neelix and Tuvok restored. And Janeway needed infornation and her interrogation methods (2:20) were pretty intense.

I really like how Janeway can be so many things to so many people. Like when Kes was crying because she wanted Neelix back, Janeway is one captain that can comfort her without the situation being all awkward. But she can also stand her ground in the face of danger... and I love when she gets somebody's face, like she did Chekotay in Caretaker when they first officially met. For some reason, when it's a guy, it looks like the writers want him to look all macho, but when its a chick, it just looks badass. lol

[edit] Watching Scorpion again. And as Chekotay tells Janeway he thinks they're making a fatal mistake, she replies, "Then I guess I really am alone." There's a hint of sadness in her voice. I swear, this Captain can stir so many emotions, and that's why I choose her, mostly from my place as the observer watching the show because its a more fulfilling experience to enjoy a full range of emotions. But I can't disregard the fact that there's also a 'woman's intuition' that could play a crucial part in decision making, and much like how a mother cares for her young, there's also THAT killer instinct.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009