Your reasons for being athiest or christian etc...?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by answers, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Yes Registered Senior Member

Since you used my post as an example of new age I feel I have to explain myself further.
    I don't call my belief new age, I'm not into any withcraft of any kind. But I do think your perception of both new age and withcraft is totally opposite of the perception of those who practise it. So who is right? I don't know, and it really doesn't matter. But your perception of my beleif doesn't align with mine if you think I'm channeling demons or whatever.
    You can fantasize all you want about what other people are doing , but unless you in fact are them, you can never know for sure, so why are you attacking another beliefsystem like this? Are you afraid that demons will come and get you if you don't act like an exemplaric christian and call everything that does not follow the bible for the devils work? Thou shall not judge?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

But witches are good - they roam around vanquishing evil demons. Doesn't anyone watch TV anymore?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Yes Registered Senior Member

Well yes, those witches are good, and entertaining.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So, the problem with witchcraft and new age teaching isn't that they are wrong and useless, but that they actually WORK, and the work is caused by a demon????

So, what about new age beliefs that heal people, are you saying that demons can heal people? So, they must not be that bad then.

9. answers Registered Senior Member

I only know about New Age and Witch Craft practices from what witches and new agers have told me. Eg. meditation, crystals that have 'power', channeling, reading auras, etc. I read a book on it, but it was old, and didn't mention any of the newer stuff like the cyrstals, channeling, etc. I'll have to read the other new age book I have before I can go into anymore detail.

But I really should read more about the new age and all that, seeing that there's a new age crystal shop next door to the christian book shop that I work in, and there is a wicc shop over the road, and then on the sunday markets there are 4 new age stalls on the street outside

Nah the area around where I live is well known for its witches and new agers. But I'll definetly learn more about them, maybe in a month I'll come back and post some more on them when I'm not so ignorant. Any helpful links would be good, if anyone knows of them. Thanks

CyA's

10. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I have listened to christian radio alot recently, and there is a great interest now in alternative medicine - the same things that have been called "New Age" in the past!

12. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member