Your time upon this earth is ending...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lawdog, Jun 29, 2005.

1. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Cris

Once again, my plan:

Attack!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jadon Banned Banned

Chris,

I have to correct you there! Lawdog is not a religious fundamentalist - rather he is a Religious Fanatic, yeah you read me!!, he is no different from the Muslim Fanatics of this world.

I am a religious fundamentalist and bible bashing is certainly not a scriptural inspired doctrine.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Jadon,

What good can you point to that comes from religious fundamentalism?

What good do you expect to come from it?

What makes you so absolutely, universally, certain that you are right?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jadon Banned Banned

Since you guys are so Philosophical and Wise, let me tell you a reality!

Not a single mature person in this planet does not have a religion. Atheism is a religion - hello!!!! Evolution is a religion!! Patriotism is a religion!

8. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Listen you complete morons. All the definitions agree. Religion is about supernatural shit. Get a fucking dictionary.

God damn you're stupid. Can't we get some intelligent theists in this forum? You're all fucking morons!

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

God gives people the freedom to disbelieve in His Church, though they take serious risks in doing so, because outside the Church a christian is left alone, among the wolves.

Then it appears either you or lori will be going to hell - which one, I wonder?

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Atheism is a religion - hello!!!!

You might want to understand the definitions of the words you through around, so that you don't look like a complete fool. Goodbye!!!

11. Jadon Banned Banned

Superluminous,

The fact that we are communicating using all this technology is a product of religious fundamental.

For two thousand years, it has been the work of Christian Fundamentalists that have put Mankind where it is today. Leading scientists are beginning to realise (even though they will not publicly state it), that during the periods 1600's to the 1800's, nearly all Scientists were Conservative christians or had been influenced by Christian principles. The great Isaac Newton, who kick-started the Modern Age, spent almost 80% of his time dedicated to the interpretation of the Scriptures. His christian views would be called Fundamental, or a much better term would be Conservative.

I think the problem is that many people do not really understand Conservative or Fundamentalist Christians?

People fear what they cannot understand - this is because everything in todays society is attached to a Physical Reality.

For a Fundamentalist Christian, the essence of our strength is Faith, and unfortunately many will be able to "see" it because faith is a Spiritual Reality!!!

I hope I didn't get any of you confused.

12. Jadon Banned Banned

Semblence,

I know the meanings of the words that I used, what I was hoping was that your so called Philosophical Mentality would make you see what i was meaning.

Obviously, your "wise" words are borrowed!!
    Nevertheless, I hope you get this one - "Which third Eye are you Using?"

13. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Jadon,

All those you mentioned were products of their age and interpreted religion much differently than you do today. They were theists, yes.

Today, most scientists reject religion. The most brilliant reject it the most. And before you bring up Einstein:

14. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

Here you are not seeing clearly. God consented to create you as part of the human race, which because of Adam's sin needs salvation.
    You mean like "swim forward and grab the rope" and "this helicopter is real and can fly away with you" and "hold on to the rope, have faith, you'll make it, dont let go or the storm might carry you off" or "dont doubt, the pilot's a good one""

15. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

why is the rest of humankind punished for Adam's sin?

16. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Or,

"Promise me you will cease looking into scientific explanations for things"

"Promise me you will kill your children if I ask you"

"Promise me you will try to convert people to my way against their will"

Lawdog,

Don't you realize that you are exactly what the next Hitler, Mussolini, or Stalin are looking for? Your mind set is one of slavish, ignorant, following without reason.

Why do you do it?

17. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

Its a spiritual disease, passed on generation after generation. God partially heals this disease with grace.

18. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

You just dont like what I am saying, and since you cant disprove it, or argue with any credibility against the Truth, you rely on reactionary and sensationalist comparisons that are absurd. Will you next call the Pope's teachings the same, or compare him to Hitler?

19. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

It's a thought disease passed on from generation to generation. You are afflicted.

20. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Why does God allow this disease to be passed on in order to inflict people who would otherwise be in his good graces?

21. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

Once a spiritual state is assumed, it can only be changed by a miracle of God. Every sin has repercussions in this life, which God does not take away but may alter if you ask him.

For example, someone caught for stealing a car might easily gain forgiveness if he asks God to forgive him. However, God will allow the state to punish him. Alleviation of temporal punishment can be asked for.

In Adam's case, his disobedience effected his descendents badly, that was the price of his sin.

God makes something good outof a bad thing: Out of Adam's disobedience mankind is brought immeasurably closer to God by knowing the person of Christ.

22. Yorda Registered Senior Member

It's natural. Theists defend their specific religion. But it's not just theists who are battling... HUMANS are the ones who are battling.

Of course they're morons, otherwise you couldn't remain yourself.

It doesn't matter.

There is no God but me. I punish myself, I send myself to heaven and hell. This is just a movie.

Einstein hasn't seen much yet.

It doesn't matter if he looks like a fool.

Yeah.

23. Jadon Banned Banned

Superluminal'

I was not gonna mention Einstein. This is because his record as a believer in The Creator could be likened to the fluctuations in the Oil Prices. During his young days , he never hesitated to qoute the Scriptures. Then when he became the Phenomenon that he was, he started to say statements that you have quoted.

But one thing is for sure - towards the end of his marvellous life, dear Einstein gave credit to the Creator. When the question was put to him if there was a God out there, Einstein simply said, "That Old One, he still has a few tricks..."

Sorry, I have never been good at quotes, because I think its petty.

Note: "A man may say many things in his life. But hi's true feelings are hidden in his last words" - Jadon