Your time upon this earth is ending...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lawdog, Jun 29, 2005.

1. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Or just his true fears.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

" it is only your fear of me that keeps you apart from me"
    anon

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

just as an aside:
    It's a bit like my relationship with my pet budgie called Buddie. [ a small bird a little bigger than a Finch]
    If only he could get past his fear he would be my friend. Yet he hides in his open cage like a frightened rabbit scurrying this way and that at every sound I make, timid and in fear, never knowing the falacy of his fearful existence. [or even aware of the friendship I offer]

If he over come his fear both his and my life would be greatly enhanced.

To fear the one you love is no love at all....

So Lawdog, can you honestly say you have love for your God or is it a fraud of devotion driven by your fear of your God?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

What do Adam's actions have to do with me?

Can you provide a rational ethical justification for condemning a child for the sins of the father? Perhaps we should follow his example and throw the children of convicts in prison with their fathers. How do you justify such a bankrupt morality? Might makes right?

The difference between you and me, Lawdog, is that I am a strong swimmer. I don't need rescuing.

You're here in the water, clinging to your Bible and hoping that it'll serve as a flotation device when all that it will really do is get soggy. I spent my time learning how to swim and I am no longer afraid.

~Raithere

8. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

Thats Pride, Hubris

9. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Worse. There is no comparison in humanity for the physical and intellectual evil that the pope and his office have inflicted on humanity. I wish nothing but to have a moderately sized asteroid vaporize vatican city with the pope at ground zero.

Can you, for just a moment, reflect on the history of religion and justify it as a compassionate and caring human being?

10. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

Christ never promised peace in this world.

Why dont you learn his teachings before you condemn them?

11. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Lawdog,

I know his teachings, and they're stupid. Jesus was not very intelligent gauging by the scriptures. I assume that this is why the common man is so easily duped by them.

12. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

I sense that you are lying.

13. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I sense that you are afraid.

14. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

I am afraid...of Hell, but not of you.

15. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

No. I sense your intellectual fear.

16. Jadon Banned Banned

Lawdog and Raithere,

Okay, Lawdog can you stop distorting the meaning of condemnation as stated in the Scriptures. When talking about Condemnation you have to go back to the Origin - The Garden of Eden. In sinning our Forefather Adam was removed from the Presence of The Creator. When this was done, a vital component for our Survival as Human Beings was lost. You see, being near the Presence of The Creator is a vital ingredient to our body. It is like a food - without food we die, but in this case, the Presence of The Creator is a food that makes us Immortal.

This should come as no surprise since the Original Plan was for Adam, his wife - Eve, and all their descendants, to have Everlasting Life.

Will we ever come again into the Presence of The Creator? Well, that is what The Christ is offering. Why deny yourself (and therefore condemn your body) of the food it rightfully deserves - The Presence of The Creator.

We all will get back what is rightfully ours after the Second Coming of The Christ - there is still time for you Skeptics.

Hurry!, the End Times is almost at hand.

17. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Jadon,

Please explain to me the origin of races (negro, asian, indian, native american, eskimo...) as explained in the bible.

18. Jadon Banned Banned

Okay, now I have to assume that Superluminal has not been exposed to basic scientific teachings. (I could be wrong)

Haven't you heard of something called Genetics and Natural Selection?
    Before you claim that these are Evolutionary elements, let me clarify that Evolution requires the third element of Mutation. Without mutation, there can be no evolution.

But the racial diversity that we have today is the result of Genetics and Natural Selection - these agree with the Scriptures.

Note: Did you know that it is a foregone conclusion that 99.9% of mutations result in Death or Sterility?

19. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Jadon,

How old are you?

20. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Damn, this is getting almost surreally funny.

21. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

i have said before, people choose Hell, God only ratifies your own self condemnation. You should read the original post.

22. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Hey Jadon! Ohh, Ohhh! Did you know that basic scientific "teachings" completely disprove the bible and any idea of a god?! Did ya?

23. Jadon Banned Banned

As a Christian, I always have to give the benefit of the doubt to Misled Ones