Your very own country.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mariusring, Oct 19, 2004.

1. mariusring Registered Member

How would I go forth if I wanted to make my own country? My own state, my very own nation. What money would I need? Which means would be necessary, and who's ass would I have to kiss?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Because I know that it is not as easy as raising a flag on your property and saying: Henceforth I am my own President.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DarkMadMax Registered Senior Member

Good luck finding unclaimed land now .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

How much of Antartica is already claimed?

Couldn't you buy some land and make it independend? I really don't know if you can get an own state this way. Wait, I think there is a way, you search for a spot in international waters (five nautical miles from the coast or so) and dumb an enormous amount of earth in it until an island piles up. You could then claim it as your land. I think that also works with artificial islands (like oil drilling platforms, but it may be that things like that do not count) or you wait until an underwater vulcano creates a new island.

Alternatively, you could go into some African territories where different tribes/states fight over land, you just have to gain control of it and hold it. Perhaps you can get acknowledged as an independent state.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20040930.html

Thus to start you own nation
    1. Buy land or island from a nation
    2. Declare it a sovereign state
    3. Successfully fight off any military from that nation you bought the land from.

8. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Well, cheapest island I found costs 94.000 US$... I like mine idea better, if you actually make an island in the middle of international waters it should be yours.

9. vslayer Registered Senior Member

some randoms in austrlia claimed a couple of kms to be its own country, nto sure waht they do other that smoke weed tho