your vote in 08?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cato, Jun 12, 2005.

?

Hillary Clinton, John McCain, or third party?

Poll closed Jul 12, 2005.
  1. Clinton

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. McCain

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. 3rd part nut-job

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Give me a party that is secular, isn't afraid to open up a can of whoopass outside our borders, and will take care of the basic matters inside the country but otherwise take the minimalist approach most of the time. However, in places of necessity, I wouldn't mind something like the CC or even the TVA.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jlocke Registered Senior Member

We call mephistobane, he's ours, stay away from him Jack!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Always good.

Shortest book ever written....

Yes but Bush lied about pot, so really his admitting that he was an alchoholic was because he knew he couldn't get away denying it, but he took a chance with the pot thing, and turns out...

Anyway, well why don't you tell us what YOU think, what do you believe in? Do you support the war in Iraq?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mephistobane Registered Member

i dont know much about it so i cant have much to say about it but i dont like war, war is bad...as long as they dont have a nuke i think we should just leave them alone and let them kill each other.i mean no matter how hard we try, if they are going to martyr, they will, and i dont want any friends or family in the way when that happens.bush i think should send our troops home and let iraq squabble. we have hydrogen cars we can switch to when they stop selling us oil so they can make more molotovs.

edit: bin laden and saddam should both be set loose in a populated city(say...new york) for crimes against humanity in the 1st degree and see whether they can get 10 feet or 30feet before being killed, personally im thinking 23ft

.and bush...i...*sighs* i dont have a clue

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Anyone but me have a problem with just Bushes and Clintons being presidents for so many years? Hey, let's vote for so and so, they're a Bush.. or a Clinton! I don't care what they do or how they are, but if their papa or husband used to be president, that makes it a-okay with me! Ya sure this isn't a propogandized monarchy?

- N

8. mephistobane Registered Member

lets talk about bush since he's still president... what does he believe in, like abortion and stem cell and iraq and stuff....anything and everything that comes to mind i'd like to hear it,maybe some pros and cons? i dont watch the debates and dont pay attention to the news stations, and dont ever listen to the radio, so....this is the only (and probably best) place to find out about world events. therefore,maybe some explanations would do everyone good,for a recap.1) he said "this" while being elected and has done "this";2) believes in "that" and common sense believes in "this" 3) "these" issues came up in presidential debates etcetc

9. jlocke Registered Senior Member

Oh so you're definetly on the anti-war side, good.

What I mean is that you will most likely be siding with the liberals in most discussions in this forum. I like to think of myself more of a moderate (I hold ideals from both parties, and some from the green), but because the war is so often discussed in this forum, I have been labeled as a hard-core liberal, which, in time, will be revealed that maybe not as much as most think. I am definelty anti-war and most definetly anti the Iraq war. The facts that will be brought up against the war most often will be something like, "well Saddam was not connected to 9/11 and did not have WMD's, so why are we over there?" We have yet to have someone actually answer the question.

JLocke

10. jlocke Registered Senior Member

Ahhh, I totally agree. I am totally sick of both the Bush and the Clintons. Let's have someone new. Don't get me wrong, I would much rather have a Dem prez after this Bush regimine is over, but Hillary kinda scares me in some of her views. But yeah, I definetly agree that this whole family relations president thing is a little scary. It's kind of like they are the familys (Bush, Clinton, Kennedy, etc) that are the representative US families, which scares me most of all...

JLocke

11. jlocke Registered Senior Member

CONs:

He is anti-environment (drilling for oil in Alaska, refusing to face the Global Warming issue, refusing to invest in alternative sources in energy) <--No one's going to argue with this one...but the next one....

He is pro-illegal-killing. Hehe, don't take that one the wrong way. As I'm sure most of you have guessed, I'm talking about the Iraq war. It's illegal because it's not approved by Congress and it's killing because that's all we're doing over there.

He is anti-freedom for his people. He is slowly taking away American's rights and we are doing absolutely nothing about it. Ex, it is now, and I don't know how many of you actually know this, totally legal for the FBI and CIA to tap our phone lines, watch our email etc without our knowing WITHOUT COURT APPROVAL!!!! So basically, you are, for instance, ranting about how Bush is taking away our liberties, and one of them sees it, and they can just come to my house and keep and eye on me and well...you know what happens then. Hey, what's that noise?

I'll leave it at that for now because I'm sure the hardcore-Bushies are gonna want a chance to respond. But I'll give the pros too:

PROs:
    He is human (we hope).

Ok, I won't leave it at that, because we all know everyone has their good points. Um...let's see....anyone? Ok, I have one....At least Bush doesn't stand up and bash on Liberals, further dividing the country, while being only miles from ground zero, and talking about 9/11 and misquoting liberals and organizations like MoveOn.org who only said we should find out more before invading Iraq (you know because they thought that they may not have WMD's, they must feel stupid now). <--For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about see my thread on Rove's Comments.
    PS. Sorry for the rant.

JLocke

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  12. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

Clone Reagan

13. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

Yes, do. Hasten the apocalypse with another Regan. Ignore global pandemics, send the nation into spiraling deficit and recession. Fund fundamentalist Islamist terrorists. Give crazy Iraqi dictators WMDs. Good times, good times.

14. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

But he had such an incredable charm and way with words!

15. siledre Registered Senior Member

I would rather never ever ever see another clinton or bush in office as long as I live, I think they should revamp the election. Like everyone that wants to run for president within their party must have a free for all and the winner gets to run for that party. Anytime the election is really close, there is no recount, both presidential hopefuls get into a cage match thunderdome style, the one that survives gets to be president.

16. mephistobane Registered Member

1) abortion--i think a woman has the right to choose to destroy it,just like she can choose to end her own life,and can choose never to create life by never having sex.its the same thing if you think rationally.
    2)stem cell--all for it, if its gonna be thrown away,might as well use it(one man's trash is another man's treasure).we're not destroying life...any CHANCE of a soul is gone, its just a lump of biomatter now
    3)drilling for oil in alaska--hmm...not too sure.anybody want to post some specific ramifications of doing it/not doing it?(makes sense to do it,keeps prices low in CA

, and keeps a monopoly and source of cash from middle east--then again that would kill alot of poor middle eastern oil farmers slaving for food)
    4)global warming-- only way to fix it is cutting off the source of the problem, which would be gas/oil usage mainly right? well make a switch from gas cars/planes/boats to hydrogen/electric "/"/"...hav u checked out the toyota prius yet

?
    5)investing in alt. energy ties in with global warming--look at #4 and make your own decision on what my opinion is
    6)war--in general...stupid(most wars over power and religion).the WHOLE world is claimed and if you try to take over parts of it by conquest, you'll get assinated by some MI6 or CIA agent somewhere.religious wars....thats just a waste of time because a. cant be proven b.even if it was proven god said "thou shalt not kill."
    7)FBI should not be able to "track(everything of spying bundled into a word)" you without court approval, but should w/o your permission.i think this because no one is going to tap you for saying "bush is a piece of shit".now say someone says(or does) something bad...like "im going to blow up new york city with a WMD next tuesday!" or is suspected of drug trafficking but no one has hard evidence.so say that you could track people without court approval.the "bush=shit" guy could be tapped...and the "drug" guy could be tapped too.with having to have court approval,the court would need a reason to track both of them, and the "bush=shit" guy would be able to keep his privacy and express his opinions without fear.then the "drug" guy could be put into the slammer ASAP.my two cents

8) the next president we have needs to be able to speak to a crowd without fucking up like misquoting....
    9) anybody wanna take a shot at explaining social security/retirement plans/medicare? i have no idea how that stuff works but i hear its really crappy.plz be specific thx

17. mikasa11 Registered Senior Member

The democrats need a candidate like General Wesley Clarke to win the primary's.

If he wins he will be able to effectively combat the right-wing propoganda and flat out buillshit.

18. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Whats wrong with the 3rd party nut-job?

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It is to bad we are always given the worst choices to choose from. Nonme of them are very appealing to me and why only these people? Who decided that only these people could represent both parties? Big businesses are the driving force as to who will be elected because the ones with the most money stand the better chance of winning. To bad it isn't based upon other types of credentials to gain office other than money. But here we are once again deciding between dwiddly dee and dwiddly dumb as to who will run. Disgusting to me to see what America two party system has dredged up for candidates once again to make most people cringe. I wouldn't vote for any of them because they all are going to do what big businesses want and little for the common folks.

20. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

What? Look at these "sexy" choices!

21. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Is there a minimum turnout for a result to be legitamate?