Youtube- Prime Witness?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by S.A.M., Nov 11, 2006.

1. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Leopold, seeing how some police behave, is it any wonder that some people shoot at them? The alleged officer in the video punched the man in the fact for yelling that he couldn't breathe, when the officer already had him helpless. You want to scream that I can't justify shooting the cops because of acts like that? I never said that it was justified, but the police are using a lot of gratuitous violence, including violence that ends in death, so they are setting the example.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Interesting. You're judging all cops by the actions of those few? And in so doing, you think people should shoot at cops? Ooh, interesting viewpoint!

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Baron, at one time Americans were supposed to be allowed to violently defend themselves against government agents who violated their rights. Who is stopping them now? Government agents who like to violate their rights.

Cops judge groups of citizens by the actions of a few.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

how do police behave metakron? of all the crap you pulled in your youth have you ever had a police officer mistreat you?
    the man COULD breath metakron and easily.
    acts like what? taking out a known gang member? you would have a different opinion if that man sold crack to your 11 year old daughter.
    i suppose you are talking about the post of mine. uh, the suspects fired on the officers after a routine traffic stop.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I checked the Dutch Police site:

All police forces will act without remorse when violence is used against police. In many cases they will write a 'ticket'. Many police forces try to speed up the case. In this case the Judge can then sentence them to pay a fine.

I could not find anything about punching the suspect in the face when violence was used against the police. I don't think it is allowed.

edit:
    Been reading a bit Dutch sources:
    Apparently violence by the police in holland is on the rise, because the public is getting more aggressive. However, the percentage of injury hasn't changed. This might suggest that the police isn't getting more violent in arresting suspects. The percentage of police officers does seem on the increase. Apparently the public IS getting more violent.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  9. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Leopold, you seem to think that a person can breathe with someone's knee against his chest. And if he protests that he can't breathe, you seem to think that if he actually can breathe, he's lying and should be beat up.

10. leopold Valued Senior Member

this video was taken out of context, all we have seen is the arrest, we know nothing about what exactly he is being arrested for.
    he could easily have hit one of the officers before the video was shot.

watch the video metakron and listen to how easily and clearly he says "i can't breath". he not only says it once but 3 times, each a little more clearly than the last.

also the punches seem to be directed to the gang members forhead and appear to be glancing blows. if the cop wanted to do major damage don't you think he would hit the gang member squarly in the nose?

11. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

The knee is actually on the man's neck. There is no way that is permissible. The bones of the windpipe are quite delicate. The officer also loses control of the situation when he lets go of the suspect's hand to punch him. The punching is not permissible.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Is resisting arrest permissible?

Baron Max

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

the knee on the neck not being permissable is the only thing i agree with.
    but the rest? you must keep in mind that the video is taken out of context, we have no idea of the events immediatly prior. we also do not have access to the mans rap sheet. all we know is the man was a gang member wanted for theft.

i was thinking. . .
    you notice that this video was aired shortly after the democratic victory.
    hmmm. . .

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

"a society with such an enlightened tolerance of corruption and savagery needed to bear down hard on minor offenses to convince itself that it still had standards."

Dean Koontz
    (sole survivor)

15. John99 Banned Banned

Oh yeah sure, you've been watching too many movies.

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Spurious, can y'all explain that to me using little, tiny words that an old, uneducated, ignorant, old fart like me can actually understand?

Like, what's "...enlightened tolerance..."? And how does that relate to "corruption and savagery"?

Really, I've read that over and over, and each time I get a different meaning for it. I'm beggin' you, please, interprete that for me ....and explain how it relates to anything.

Baron Max

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Thanks, John99, I didn't see this post!

When was that time, MetaKron? Please explain.

Baron Max

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Fuck man. It is only Koontz. It's not like I quote from 'Crime and punishment'.

It's your own language! be very ashamed of yourself.