yust what is wrong with Vista?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by orcot, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orcot Valued Senior Member

yust what is wrong with Vista? My computer keeps asking me stupid quistions with I can't turn of like when I insert a memory stick he always ask crap like if it neads a system repair or when I insert a disk if I wan't to play to context (this is not the screen on how to display the context).
    Also it keeps downloading crap from I don't know because he doesn't tell me I assume their system updates but that's yust assuming on logic... probably a strange concept to the programmers.

Annyway how do I stop my computer from endlesly asking the same stupid quistions and how do I get it to ask my permission before it downloads half the interenet on my laptop doing nothing but giving me pop ups.

Also isn't it illegal when the computer asks if it's allowed to download something and when you say no he does it annyway and locks you out if you try to stop him? That's yust bad programming

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Wow. That's not a Vista problem. That's an orcot problem. Sounds like you've got a nice infection of spam/ad/malware. I would gather all the usual suspects (Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, Spyware Doc, etc..) and run a couple of scans in safe mode.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. orcot Valued Senior Member

yeah It's a new lap top I should have rememberd to instal ad-aware. Better start with that thx

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Vista has a bunch of "nanny prompts". There's a way to turn them off...I'll have to look it up on how to do it. I forget off the top of my head.

8. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

What is right with Vista is a more better awesomer question.

9. orcot Valued Senior Member

Windows 3.1 worked awesome, windows 95 had the internet, 98 had the first hard drives for movies and finanly some decend games, Vista has... vista is useless

10. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Vista has nice aesthetics.

11. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Very shiny.

12. firdroirich A friend of The Friends Registered Senior Member

Dunno - I've never used it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, not gonna pay for the opportunity either.

13. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

But its tres sexy

14. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

Vista works absolutely fine for me. If you know what you're doing, you can turn off all the annoying features. That, and install a good firewall, because it does try to connect to the internet way more than it needs to.

I'm convinced that the people who do nothing but complain about it simply don't know how to use it correctly. I'm not saying it's free of problems (no software is), but it's certainly not as bad as people make it out to be.

15. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I also like vista when I upgraded to 2000 or XP I always though well whats changed here then and I would be informed its all behind the scenes changes but they are good.

With Vista the problem might be too many changes many of them seem to be changes for changes sack. But if you cut down on the crap its got some useful additions and its very polished which just makes for a nicer working enviroment.

16. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Does it...you know...does it?

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

Dude, you seriously phrased that like some \(n00b\).

I used Internet browsers on Windows 3.1 (but I guess some people think that the Internet started with Mosaic, never having used Archie, Wais, or Gopher, or downloaded software from HENSA)

And what has hard drives got to do with the OS? Some temporal equivalence in your head that happened in 1998?

And Vista isn't useless. I'm using it to diss you right now. It is priceless, therefore.

18. ranthi Registered Member

I dont know about the other things but one thing you can turn off to save you some headache is the "user access control"..the one where your computer always asks your permission before it does anything...very annoying. just go into the users and groups in the control panel and there is a box down at the bottom to turn that off.

19. ranthi Registered Member

One thing I found about vista is if you have an older laptop (1 - 2) years old...and you want to upgrade to vista, good luck finding decent drivers (especially for video cards)

20. Gustav Banned Banned

sounds like an infection

21. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.