Zephyr WAS RIGHT AFTERALL

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Reiku, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Reiku Banned Banned

I needed to post this... sorry... but...

HAHAHAHAHAHA to all those who classed Zephyr as a psuedoscientist. He may have been on the right lines afterall...

reported in Focus Magazine (something which i have actually stated before yonks ago before reading this)

''A Weird Phenomena is creating a buzz among scientists and could ressurect a long-dead idea in physics...

...The idea of spacetime being filled with with a wierd substance has been aound for a while...

... But Einstein, the daddy of physics rejected the aether...

... so on the face of it, aether was dead, but now its back!!!!''

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Problem 1 : Cite sources. Pop science magazines are known for their tendency to 'publish' what will sell magazines. not what's valid (examples include the \(E_{8}\) idea by Lisa and Heim theory)

Problem 2 : Zephir was quite specific about his claims, like the wave equation explaining everything. Aether existing isn't the same thing.

Problem 3 : I thought you were leaving after your thread was closed?

Given you continued posting normally, I suspect your PM to me was a lie. Given that it was a subject few would lie about, it just demonstrates my comments about you being an unashamed compulsive liar.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Reiku Banned Banned

Problem 3. Good point.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

And no, it wasn't a lie. How dare you. I'd need to be a sick individual, to say something like that, and lie.

8. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

He rejected certain properties of aether. But...

Recapitulating, we may say that according to the general theory of relativity space is endowed with physical qualities; in this sense, therefore, there exists an ether. According to the general theory of relativity space without ether is unthinkable; for in such space there not only would be no propagation of light, but also no possibility of existence for standards of space and time (measuring-rods and clocks), nor therefore any space-time intervals in the physical sense. But this ether may not be thought of as endowed with the quality characteristic of ponderable inertia, as consisting of parts which may be tracked through time. The idea of motion may not be applied to it.
    ---Albert Einstein, Äther und Relativitätstheorie (Ether and the Theory of Relativity), University of Leyden, 5 May 1920.
    Copied from the http://www.tu-harburg.de/rzt/rzt/it/Ether.html, a file in the personal web space of Ingo Teßmann, a random physics guy at a German university.

9. draqon Banned Banned

a pseudoscientist telling us how another pseudoscientist was right....

....riiiiighhtt....

10. Reiku Banned Banned

Difference is, the psuedoscientists will outshow these so-called, scientists, simply because of the following line of reasoning:

Things are more complex than we have ever even imagined, and now we are going to have to revert to some of the most extreme possibilities we once thought was nonesense. It's time quantum physics put back into action in our minds, that the strangeness of the universe, will be the lab for the psuedoscientist... and the results may surprise some of us, they may even astound us, and perhaps even terrify.

11. Reiku Banned Banned

Pete

He may have rejected certain properties (which means he kept some kind of open mind), but he had concluded or speculated at best, that it was not needed.

12. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Isn't the virtual particle soup like aether anyway?

Aether must exist in some form, otherwise empty space is literally nothing and 'nothing' can't have properties like expansion and curvature.

13. Reiku Banned Banned

Essentially, yes, but it took some time for the mainstream to catch on to this fact of physics.

However, keep in mind, there is no such thing as ''empty'' space. Every point in space is filled with virtual and non-virtual energy, or longer lived fluctuations, such as matter, and this is why it is considered the quantum aether, and act as a galactic media of quantum spontaneous bubbling. And as things move through this aether, distortions are created, and may explain why anything interacts with anything at all.

14. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Easy to say, hard to actually derive a working model. Something Zephir never did.

15. Yorda Registered Senior Member

In fact, it's been around since the ancient Greeks and before them. And religious scriptures have often mentioned it. Only the ether can lead to an understanding of the nature of forces.

16. Reiku Banned Banned

Actually, reflecting on this now, he never really did make specific claims like that did he? He was... to say the least... wavey in that respect.

17. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

He said that all you needed was \(E=mc^{2}\) and \((\partial_{t}^{2}-c^{2}\nabla^{2}) \psi = 0\). Everything could be computed by numerical integration of those two equations. Infact, he even claimed that \(E=mc^{2}\) followed from the Newtonion form of \((\partial_{t}^{2}-c^{2}\nabla^{2}) \psi = 0\). It doesn't.

18. Reiku Banned Banned

And how did he propose he was going to unify these postulations?

19. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

My point entirely, whenever I pushed him for details all he said was that you just needed numerical solutions. He claimed his animations were sometimes produced by those equations but he never provided code or a methodology on how to do them.

He never put his physics where his mouth is. You must know the feeling. He, like you, just needed to show his workings to be taken more seriously.

20. Reiku Banned Banned

Well its easy isn't it to just say ''we need mathematical solutions..''

It's one of those ''slap-me-in-the-forehead-obvious'' conclusions.

But please, i think me and zephyr differ greately.

21. Reiku Banned Banned

Oh, and those animations... really fuckin annoyed me. He used them in nearly every post, and not only that, he used the same ones over and over again...

... what a man...

22. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

what animations?

23. Reiku Banned Banned

Oh, he had these on-screen animations which continuously showed things like spinning particles or fields of spinning particles, or particles moving through wavelike arena's.

I liked he put the effort in first, but after so many times of him posting the same old animation, it started to get on ma man tits.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!